Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: /6 guys comments please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
What's the general consensus?

'86 3.2 Motor
Aaron Cox
not a bad way to spend 6 large.....

but be nice to your 901 biggrin.gif (at least regear it...)
olav

Wasn't this motor just advertised on eBay and talked about here?

confused24.gif
736conver
This is the same one that was up on ebay awhile ago. Was it you who posted that thread.

For the price it seems good.

You should be able to sell the exhaust,air compressor and sheet metal for around $300 if not more.

See how low he will go in price. I would imagine he wants/needs money ASAP.

Markeydoo
If you have the other parts you need it may be ok. But I can see another 2k for all the other stuff. ie oil tank, sheet metal, oil cooler, misc parts. Since he has done a service on it, you should be good to go. It would be a fun ride.

Mark
olav
QUOTE (Markeydoo @ Dec 21 2005, 01:02 PM)
If you have the other parts you need it may be ok. But I can see another 2k for all the other stuff. ie oil tank, sheet metal, oil cooler, misc parts. Since he has done a service on it, you should be good to go. It would be a fun ride.

Mark

I think the motor is for a /6 already just an upgrade.

confused24.gif
anthony
QUOTE (Headrage @ Dec 21 2005, 01:43 PM)
What's the general consensus?

How would you guarantee that the motor is good before having it shipped 3000 miles? Find a local motor that can get compression and leakdown tests by a shop you trust before handing over cash.
Allan
QUOTE (Markeydoo @ Dec 21 2005, 01:02 PM)

Mark

I already have the 2.7. What would be needed additionally?

External oil cooler, different tin, flywheel/clutch?
Root_Werks
You really shouldn't need much of anything. Talk to Dave at GPR, he doesn't run an external oil cooler on his 3.2 914-6. Said temps have never gotten out of line either, even running it hard.

3.2 is the last of the oil cooler on engine set up I think. It should just be a matter of a different flywheel and hooking up the electrical is all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.