Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Building a Porsche 914 Police Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy
QUOTE (Gustl @ Dec 23 2005, 04:38 PM)
I heared a rumor that most of the german police cars were sold to Japan, when they got sorted out ...

from DGVWPB ...

The (german) State of Nordrhein-Westfalen used the 914 for their "Autobahn Polizei" (similar to CHP in California). up until 1974 those cars were painted white with black numbers and decals. these cars were equipped with 1.7L engines.
after 1974 the 1.7L cars were replaced with 2.0L cars and the paint schema was changed to the normal police white/green.
the "fleet" was retired in 1979 and the cars were auctioned off to private individuals.

cool.gif Andy
Gustl
just found the article I wrote before
it's out from the so called "Karmann-Post", a factory intern magazine for the employees, from late 1971

in general the text isn't that interesting
it says that the Police from Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany) has got the first 20 white 914-4 on November, 9th
they got instructed by the Karmann guys, then they drove to their police workshop to put all the necessary police-speciffic stuff on the cars (flashing blue light, siren, radio equipment, ...)
in addition they put the big black numbers on the rear lid, so that the police helicopters and plans can easily indentify them

Gustl
don't forget about this one:

user posted image

greg.treadway
Good stuff!! rolleyes.gif

Keep 'em coming!!
nomore9one4
If they were all white with the numbers on the rear deck lid that is alittle boring! I hope that is not the case confused24.gif
Gustl
at the first edition 1971 it was just white with the black number on the rear lid and the crest of Nordrhein-Westfalen on the front lid ... just as in this pic (well, the scale model has wrong rims on, but that's all)

user posted image

AFAIK, the later versions looked like this one wink.gif

user posted image

wavey.gif Gustl
Gustl
QUOTE (richardL @ Dec 23 2005, 03:44 AM)
Dutch Police Targa

user posted image
user posted image

just found the german pendent on eBay ... a little smaller, though biggrin.gif

eBay #6996194384

user posted image

wavey.gif Gustl
nomore9one4
I like the later with the green/white.That will be a cool project. My uncle has a original 39' Chevy police car in his collection. Its a cool car,but when you think of the history of it it makes it that much cooler!
pfierb
QUOTE (Gustl @ Dec 23 2005, 07:38 PM)
here is a larger version of the pic Greg posted first

I'm sure that I've a little mag article about 20 914-4 for the Police - maybe I find it the next days

I heared a rumor that most of the german police cars were sold to Japan, when they got sorted out ...

Gee that cop standing next to the 914 looks like you know who......guess he really didn't shoot himself in 1945.
Lou W
pfierb Posted on Dec 26 2005, 11:25 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (Gustl @ Dec 23 2005, 07:38 PM)
here is a larger version of the pic Greg posted first

I'm sure that I've a little mag article about 20 914-4 for the Police - maybe I find it the next days

Gee that cop standing next to the 914 looks like you know who......guess he really didn't shoot himself in 1945.  

agree.gif Maybe he had a twin? biggrin.gif
pfierb
What a n awful thought one of him was bad enough,maybe it's his sister in drag.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.