Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone care to share what they have raked in?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rpmmaxxed
Got a AutoPower 5Point harness for the teener.

Complete suprise, and I couldnt be happier laugh.gif

rick 918-S
I got an ass chewing for something I did months ago and insulted for something else. Christmas can be brutal.
lapuwali
Hey, I smoked a 912 voltage regulator and got to fix a Type 3 shift linkage so I had a car that actually ran, since my wife is taking our reliable car on a trip tomorrow... biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
cash and a wheel clock that glows neon .... biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
too much exposure with no flash.... funky
rpmmaxxed
idea.gif

looks familiar.

Something from my past...
Zaney
I got my surprise early. Went down to Portland this past weekend, stayed at the Sheraton. Stood in line from 8am till 6pm in freezing rain for "first come first serve" General Admission seats for the sold out U2 Concert !!! The last stop on their North American tour! My wife said, "Merry Christams, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday and enjoy it because that is all your getting for a while!"
We got lucky and were in the Elipse, right in front of the band! An experience I will never forget! What an awesome gift!
Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
Nate rock_band.gif
erikstoll
so far 2 calenders, a ford mustang shirt <3 the vintage cars
pocket world atlas which shall make its way into the car, muchly needed socks, and a sports almanac and the smallest thesorus known to man =)
so far so good
rpmmaxxed
socks do sound like a nice gift laugh.gif been needing new pairs for awhile now.
Dave-O
Some gifts I bought for myself: Koni yellows for the rear and 6.5" minilites.

Some things I "think" I will be opening tomorrow: Rear adjustable coilover kit and a 1gb memory card for my digital camera so I can record all my AX runs next year.

I'll keep you informed! smilie_pokal.gif

Merry christmas!
Mugs914
QUOTE (rpmmaxxed @ Dec 24 2005, 06:04 PM)

Cool surprise!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Who got that for ya? The folks?

Bring 'em over sometime this week and we'll hook 'em up...

Not sure what's coming my way yet, though I have reason to suspect a Hans device from the wife( wub.gif Nice to know she wants my head to stay attached!) and some new driving shoes. blink.gif That would be pretty amazing...

Will confirm later...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!
Jacques
user posted image Arrived today from Germany, just in time!
-- [Dial in carbon-fibre]

user posted image

Die aktuelle Collection für BBS-Fans und Motorsport-Enthusiasten.
Zifferblatt aus Echtcarbon
rpmmaxxed
QUOTE (Mugs914 @ Dec 24 2005, 11:21 PM)
QUOTE (rpmmaxxed @ Dec 24 2005, 06:04 PM)

Cool surprise!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Who got that for ya? The folks?

Bring 'em over sometime this week and we'll hook 'em up...

Not sure what's coming my way yet, though I have reason to suspect a Hans device from the wife( wub.gif Nice to know she wants my head to stay attached!) and some new driving shoes. blink.gif That would be pretty amazing...

Will confirm later...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!

Not the folks, they got me the tires and some sick dockers pj's. Yes, cool pajamas, go figure.

THe harness came from my aunt and uncle, whos daughter,(my cousin) is dating a really nice guy who is into a few aspects of racing. Landspeed, top fuel, etc...

anywho, they got the harness from him, and said that I can get the 2nd one for cheap, as well as him wanting to install a cage in my car boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

I will for sure drop by the shop this week.

Hope everyone enjoys their time with family this year.
Mugs914
QUOTE (rpmmaxxed @ Dec 24 2005, 11:33 PM)
THe harness came from my aunt and uncle, whos daughter,(my cousin) is dating a really nice guy who is into a few aspects of racing. Landspeed, top fuel, etc...

Landspeed? did someone say landspeed? Wazziz name? Soundslike someone I'd like to meet...
rpmmaxxed
QUOTE (Mugs914 @ Dec 24 2005, 11:50 PM)
QUOTE (rpmmaxxed @ Dec 24 2005, 11:33 PM)

Landspeed? did someone say landspeed? Wazziz name? Soundslike someone I'd like to meet...

To be honest, I only know his first name, and its Brad.

I had his family race teams website as a favorite not long ago, but I deleted it by mistake.

Unfortunately, his grandfather died while trying to break his own record for fastest piston engined.

Parachute malfunction led him to two decisions. Roll it out, and hit the highway at that lay a half mile ahead of him, or attempt to turn. He attempted the turn, at 350mph. he hit a wet area on the flats and he rolled in the mud.

I'll get the family site for you, maybe even take you along with me to their shop in Point Loma with me if your lucky. LOTS OF TOYS there.
Mugs914
QUOTE (rpmmaxxed @ Dec 25 2005, 12:18 AM)
[Unfortunately, his grandfather died while trying to break his own record for fastest piston engined.

That was Nolan White, if I'm not mistaken. I remember when it happened.

Love to see the shop someday...
rpmmaxxed
QUOTE (Mugs914 @ Dec 25 2005, 12:23 AM)
QUOTE (rpmmaxxed @ Dec 25 2005, 12:18 AM)
[Unfortunately, his grandfather died while trying to break his own record for fastest piston engined.

That was Nolan White, if I'm not mistaken. I remember when it happened.

Love to see the shop someday...

RIght you are kenny boy, mxc...

Pretty sad I dont know my future cousin-in-laws last name. Only known the guy for 7 years...

Brad's on the left. Possibly swing down to their shop this week sometime, hopefully you can come with if your not to busy.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I bought my own Christmas Present, new engine for my 914. 2.0 ,cam, 40 Idf's, powder coated engine tin , real pretty,can't wait till spring to drive it. Dave slap.gif
spare time toys
I got the bills for all this stuff sad.gif and a couple of hugs. beerchug.gif
URY914
I ordered a mini-starer for the 'teener.

Ain't no fun if'ing it don't start. laugh.gif

Paul
ArtechnikA
nothing, basically, per design.

Joy and I are giving each other the house we're in, which is not only a big lump of cash now to get us through closing (and why i no longer own a 914...) and somthing we'll be paying for for a long time....
anthony
My washer crapped out for good yesterday so it looks like a new washer and dryer will be my Xmas present to myself. You can tell from the tone of my typing that I'm very excited, can't you? biggrin.gif
Allan
I got to help my son replace the clutch on his '01 Mustang GT.

I would rather assemble 10 dozen cv joints blindfolded while sitting in a tub of burned gear oil.

Never want to do that again......
jr91472
I got the gallon size dispenser of Gojo hand cleaner!!!! aktion035.gif
Lou W
I got a gift certificate to buy the materials to paint my car from my wife and daughter. insert here a smiley face with a spray gun
VegasRacer
I got a Pyrometer. biggrin.gif Plus + + + some other Porsche stuff and some non-Porsche stuff.
Mugs914
Well, I was right! A Hans device and new racing shoes! monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif

Now I REALLY have to get the race car done...
dralf
huh.gif
Believe it or not, 2 small jack stands !

I have 6 big ones that I use for my 914 repairs, but when my kids bring over their Hondas I can never seem to get those big ones situated correctly and end up using chunks of fire wood to prop them up...well now I am set, SAFETY FIRST.

The stands were on sale at Sears for $14.95, that is what my girlfriend paid, yet I spent well over 600 Bucks on her, some how I got the short end of the stick once more. sad.gif

Pugbug
Aaron....My son gave me one of those cool clocks for my shop.....Funky!
Dead Air
A beer making kit from Niagara Tradition

And a seven drawer tool chest for the garage!

My Girlfriend rocks!
Dead Air
QUOTE (dralf @ Dec 26 2005, 03:33 AM)
huh.gif
Believe it or not, 2 small jack stands !

I have 6 big ones that I use for my 914 repairs, but when my kids bring over their Hondas I can never seem to get those big ones situated correctly and end up using chunks of fire wood to prop them up...well now I am set, SAFETY FIRST.

The stands were on sale at Sears for $14.95, that is what my girlfriend paid, yet I spent well over 600 Bucks on her, some how I got the short end of the stick once more.  :(

[QUOTE]

It's the thought that counts. Like you said "safety first!"
But to work on someone else's car? wacko.gif

I hope this helps dry.gif confused24.gif
bd1308
al, usually its the same way with me, but my girlfriend gave me a dremel (the real deal) for xmas. I didnt expect it at all.

I also got some floor mats for my car, vinyls (thanks "*") a new top case for my powerbook (still need a better bottom) and the L-Jet system.

b
Bruce Allert
I got Titlest golf balls cumin' outta my..... well, you know!
Shirts, a bigassed Bowie knife, 2 loaded clips for the .45 including custom clip-on belt holder, a bunch of ingredience for makin' HOT shit, a ticket to see Larry the Cable Guy at the Schnitz in April smile.gif

and the best of all...

3 hours with PRO DRIVE at PIR on their skid pad with their cars boldblue.gif My 2 bros - in - law got them also so we're going to go at the same time driving.gif

Should be a kick in da ass burnout.gif

.......b
MoveQik
The iPod Nano was the big gift for me. Got a pretty sharp watch and a bunch of clothes too.

Twas a fun Xmas! Now back to driving.gif
J P Stein
I got one of them Sears aluminum 2 pump jacks.....it's low enuff (3.75 in) to get under my car biggrin.gif
Also a pair of mechanix gloves.....these could use some more padding over the scar tissue that passes for skin on my knuckles....but better than nothing. huh.gif
jr91472
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Dec 25 2005, 08:39 AM)
I got the gallon size dispenser of Gojo hand cleaner!!!! aktion035.gif

ooooo, I also got a $50 gift cert to CB Performance!!! mueba.gif

Plus my wife had a photo of me driving the teener in my first a/x blown up to poster size. Looks pretty cool if I do say so myself. Has to go in the garage of course dry.gif

These are all small yet positive signs of her slow acceptance of my 914 disease.
chairfall.gif
Pugbug
Wow ....drilled rotor and all!

ws91420
A Hummer H2 SUT (radio control of course), clothes, and Wed timewith my kids.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Pugbug @ Dec 26 2005, 08:54 AM)
Wow ....drilled rotor and all!

nice! mine gloes pink laugh.gif
blitZ
Got a new tool chest and gift certificates to PP.
goose2
GT Legends racing simulator and Momo wheel and pedals to make it go driving.gif
morph
the big gift i got was a dual mig welder,with gas attachments.ohhh and grandma got tired of buying gifts and realized she cant take it with her so she handed out $$$$$$ mueba.gif
james
Howard
Lots of stuff, but I only share the best with you guys. New pen holder.
Howard
Insert pen, raises his head and yells something like..
Dr. Roger
Santa (me...) knew i needed to convert to 5 bolt and he also know i needed a brake upgrade soooooo

he got me one early present and one "right on time" present. =-)

a fresh 911 front end w/sway bar

and Mar7ck's cross drilled/vented rear rotors w/5 bolt hubs and stock calipers with spacers to keep the E brake.

Yea' Santa smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
got a eurorace header with my christmas money

thanks racergregg

also got a wicked Seiko chronograph divers watch
Brando
I got ... moneys.

Which will be spent on:

Chip for the 944 (FR Wilk's Power Prom 2)
Bumping my 1.8 to a quick-revving 1911cc biggrin.gif
930 Tierod kit.

The rest goes into savings for the big move!
i love porsche
got myself a sweet new bell helmet and some $$$ to put away for the teener
skline
I got some Coal. Seems I was a bad boy last year. smile.gif
TimT
My Bros gave me a year of XM and the reciever..

And about coal. We have been giving and getting coal since we were kids. At some point my parent put lumps of coal in our christmas stockings as a joke. My brothers and I have been giving these same lumps of coal to each other going on 40 years... Yes its a silly family tradition.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.