Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear sway bar mounting?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pnewman
huh.gif Does anyone know where to put the mounts for the rear sway bar brackets in the trunk?

My 1974 914 was assembled without a rear sway bar. I have pieced one together and now I'm ready to install.

What should I use for reinforcing plates?

Bought or fabricated? blink.gif

Thanks, Pete mueba.gif

Brad Roberts
We sell a set of brackets ready to weld in for your car.

The bracket has nuts welded to it. The end with the nut on the flat portion of the plate goes inside the cross member acces hole. Very easy to locate.

Let me show you some pics.

B
Brad Roberts
Here is the brackets and the support tabs.

B
Brad Roberts
The bracket in the pic with the red arrow is properly situated for install if you are standing at the back of the car. The arrow shows the nut that goes into the access hole in the crossmember. I'll try to find a cross member shot.

B
Brad Roberts
Here is the cross member. There is a sway bar bracket welded to this tub. The front side nut is in the access hole. All the tubs have the 1inch diameter access hole in the cross member. I take the bracket and move it back until the nut inside the hole is up against the backside of the 1inch hole. Mark it and weld it. Make sure it is straight with the tub. I also mock up the whole thing with a couple of small tack welds prior to buzzing it all in.

B

Andyrew
Pelican doesnt have em.

Who is we? How much? Where do I send money?

Andrew
Brad Roberts
Mark Bland sells them.

I *thought* they were in the Ecomm.

B
J P Stein
Is Ira's rear bar on the market yet? I'll prolly be needin' one.
brant
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Dec 28 2005, 03:35 PM)

hey...
how is that diff install coming?
when do you get it back?

brant
Gint
You newbs should really spend some time looking over the resources forum. 914club members are making some great parts for these little beaters.

I highly recommend Mark's (Engman) parts. My restored 914/6 will feature more than one.

Engman's Sway bar mounts - Front / Rear, All of them in one place!

914 Resources, Parts and Products Forum on 914world.com
J P Stein
QUOTE (brant @ Dec 28 2005, 03:11 PM)
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Dec 28 2005, 03:35 PM)

hey...
how is that diff install coming?
when do you get it back?

brant

I haven't got the damned thing yet. I think it's on a slow boat from Hawaii. I am a model of patience, however biggrin.gif

Our local guru is retireing in a couple days. Rumor has it that he is gonna work out of his home to supplement his retirement with mine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.