Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Didn't make it to Portland this morning...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Woke up an hour and a half late, and it took me 20 minutes to find my keys. Finally made it out the door, was making great time, no issues until I was about 30 miles from portland. car dies. Pull over, Takes me 45 minutes of fucking with the wiring harness (yes, the Trigger point connectors) until I get it to fire on two cylinders. Limp across the freeway to a gas station, figure out that my Trigger points are hooked up wrong, swap it, and the car runs fine. I was too late to make it to the AX, so i turned around and went home. I was pissed. I woke up and thought, "I should just stay home..." but I went anyways. Looks like a new wiring harness is in my near future.... headbang.gif And to top it off, it was a beautiful day
TheCabinetmaker
Chris, the important thing is you got it back home.

How were the trigger points hooked up wrong? Doesn't the plug fit just one way?
ChrisReale
Yea they only fot one way, if you still have the plastic plug on it unsure.gif
TheCabinetmaker
How are your connections made? I didn't think it made any difference which two injectors got a shot of gas at the given time. I could be wrong, it's happened once before!
ChrisReale
It matters where the ground is, which should be the middle. When the ground is on eithe rside it only fires one pair of injectors.
TheCabinetmaker
I'm not drilling you Chris, just trying to understand for my own knowledge. Why did it run ok for a while, then quit ,and run ok again when the wires were reversed? I ask myself these questions when troubleshooting. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it just frazzles my brain. I try to store all this stuff for future reference.
J P Stein
Too bad you missed it Chris. Hope your day wasn't all bad.

My course layout was fast, but apparently too complicated......I only missed gates twice blink.gif
Ended up with only one clean run, but it was a fast one. That bleedin' red Boxster (and I think his wife) got me again.....they are a joy to watch tho,

I was talking to a couple of SCCA hot shoes.
Seems like Penske shocks (or JRZs) are must have items for the stock classes.....at around $4K a set.....auggh.
ChrisReale
What happened, was one of the connectors came out on me. Car started to buck. Stopped by side of the road, and it died. Tried to fix it, and another came unconnected. When I repaired the two, I must have gotten mixed up huh.gif Car ran on two cylinders to the gas station, where i guessed and switched two wires, and it worked. Basically, my wiring harness going to the Trigger points is a disaster.
Bruce Allert
Chris, sorry to hear you had problems. We were wait'n fer ya. Had yer grdageeation present wait'n fer ya too. It might not last till you come down again rolleyes.gif But I'd git'cha a'nudder wink.gif
Ya, JP's course was a real winner or (weiner) laugh.gif No, not really but it was fun. loop d loops & all. I got thru it twice. Even tried goin round one of them a 3rd time but was red flagged ohmy.gif (lost count!)
Got good movies too but the 'puter keeps crash'n whilst try'n ta download'm. I'll git 'm headbang.gif

Next time ya need help give me a call on da cell
bruce
Brad Roberts
Huge gap between Penske's and JRZ's. You'll find that people use Moton's more than they use JRZ's. Even Penske is behind in the times now.

Fix the F'ing harness Chris. Call Bowlsby and get the parts you need.

B
ChrisReale
Im just going to get a new one. The old one has been spliced too many times for me to have any more confidence in it.
Brad Roberts
Be prepared.. Jeffery gets nice cash for a new harness.

B
ChrisReale
Oh, I know. But, its something that has to be done....
jnp914
$4k plus in shocks to be competitive in a stock class?

Sounds like a good time to implement a claiming rule.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.