Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice day to drive a Ford GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
smg914
A good friend of mine called me up this morning and said I'm home with a house full of kids, if you want to come over and take my GT out for a few hours your more than welcome. Needless to say I took him up on the offer. I took it out for a 2 hour run thru the Pasco County country side. What a freekin car.
smg914
Pic. 2
smg914
Pic. 3
smg914
Pic. 4
smg914
Pic. 5
jd74914
Ford GT . . . wub.gif

I'm jealous biggrin.gif

What did you think of the A pillars, cause I've read lots of ariticles saying that left turns are almost blind.
smg914
Pic. 6
seanery
lucky bastage!
sk8kat1
pray.gif wub.gif
smg914
I did notice the A pillar being somewhat in the way. My wife has a new Beetle which has a similar issue. But to be honest with you after a while, I didn't even notice it. I have to say I was concentrating so much with both hands on the wheel and focusing on the road ahead, because something in the distance was all of a sudden right in front of me.
Andyrew
lol "I only went 99mph"

guuud one.. I tell my friends that to.

Nice car though! Cool stuff!
brant
no freakin way!

awesome!

good for you!

brant
campbellcj
I LOVE those cars! There is one that I see fairly often on PCH.

I wonder what kind of coinage they are selling for these days?
URY914
Steve,

You are a DICK!!!

Why didn't you come by here??? mad.gif

Your former friend,
Paul
Demick
Better not let him know that you were taking pictures while driving 100mph or that's the last time you'll be invited to drive his car.

I need some friends more like yours!

Demick
jd74914
QUOTE (campbellcj @ Dec 30 2005, 04:34 PM)
I LOVE those cars! There is one that I see fairly often on PCH.

I was at a Ford dealership last nite, and the sales guy said that they retail for arund 140K, but the dealers bump them up to over $260K (around here atleast) ohmy.gif
smg914
QUOTE (URY914 @ Dec 30 2005, 01:39 PM)
Steve,

You are a DICK!!!

Your former friend,
Paul

Dam, I'm sorry Paul. To be honest with you, as I was pulling out of Hunters Green I didn't know which way to go. I decided to go North (away from traffic) so I could open it up a little. The guy who owns this car is the same guy I bought my 914-6 race car off of. Also thanks to him, I can say that I have driven a Ferrari 355 spider, a Ferrari 360, a Ferrari 575, a 1997 stage II twin turbo Porsche and now the Ford GT. He's getting the new Ferrari 430 as soon as he finds the right one. I look forward to driving that one too.
smg914
QUOTE (campbellcj @ Dec 30 2005, 01:34 PM)
I LOVE those cars!  There is one that I see fairly often on PCH.

I think he said he paid around $175,000 for it. That's over $100,000 less than what he paid for his 575 Ferrari.
watsonrx13
Wow, that must have been fantastic.... I guess you forgot all about your teener friends.... I guess you forgot everyone's phone number/address, etc. I got off of work early today, around 1:00 pm and would have been available to at least been able to sit in the car....

oh well, I guess I also used to have a friend named Steve.... sad.gif

Hey Paul, are you going to be home this weekend, maybe we dissed-friends can get together and talk Porsche....

-- Rob
Gustl
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Dec 30 2005, 08:39 PM)
Ford GT . . . wub.gif

I'm jealous biggrin.gif

agree.gif - me too
Jeroen
YOU SUCK!
cool_shades.gif
soloracer
QUOTE (URY914 @ Dec 30 2005, 01:39 PM)
Steve,

You are a DICK!!!

Your former friend,
Paul

Don't blame him - it could just be that you guys don't have the physical attributes that typically look good in the passenger seat of an exotic sports car. For example, did you go for a spin with him in any of the other exotics he's driven?
carr914
Steve, I know you have my number, you called yesterday. I guess I'm old news, or you didn't want my SIX around to drown out the sound of that Ford. I just threw your gearshift knob in the trash.

T.C.
joeav8tor
Steve,
last night my friends and I stopped by our local Ford dealer to see the red GT that they have in their showroom, needless to say they had a do not touch sign on the car...I cant believe that you got to drive that awesome machine...I love that car! that's great...they also had a 435 hp Saleen there. They are asking 195K for the GT on Long Island, 56K for the supercharged Saleen, they will get it up here too. I will be down there in a few weeks, maybe your friend needs me to open it up for him, I could probably fit it into my schedule.
you are the man!
nice pics too.
Joe
smg914
It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down
I had the radio on, I was drivin'
Trees went by, me and Del were singin'
Little Runaway, I was flyin'

Yeah, runnin' down a dream
soloracer
Sooooooo.....if none of you guys were with him who took all the photos? confused24.gif
smg914
Paul, Rob and TC

I couldn't decide which one of you to take for a ride because I love you all equally. So I just went by myself. What an awesome automobile. Lots of cars are street cars that people and factorys make them into race cars. The Ford GT is a race car that the factory made street legal.
URY914
Sorry Steve,

I applogize for calling you a DICK.

Paul biggrin.gif dry.gif
TJB/914
Wow Steve you are one lucky guy to have friends in high places. What kind of stares & waves did you get from other drivers??

These cars are built locally and I drive by the location whenever I am in the area. There is a Black test mule in my neighborhood. It's so strange to see it all dirty in the parking lot where the guy gets his morning coffee. He treats it like a rental car.

Here's a picture taken this summer at the Woodward Dream Cruise last August at a large FORD display. I love these GT's.

Tom
BTW
My favorite color is White w/Blue Strips.
TJB/914
Another Steve.

Happy New Year to you and all your FL friends.

Tom

smg914
Quote: What kind of stares & waves did you get from other drivers??

That was one of the amazing things that was happening when I was on the interstate. I've never been in a vehicle when everyone in front of me automatically just got out of my way. It was like they saw me coming and they just automatically got in the other lane. And I just flew by everyone. One time I was stopped at a 4 way intersection and a guy in a cement mixer slows down as he is turning in front of me and yells out the window, "Hey what do ya got in that thing?" I responded, "about 600 HP." He yells out, "Yah whoooooooooo"

Quote: My favorite color is White w/Blue Strips.

Me too Tom. A classic combination.
Allan
I drove one that my sons uncle has last year down in L.A. traffic. When the room was there it was a blast but, in tight traffic it sucked. Finally got out of the traffic and took it around Palos Verdes Penensula (hey Tony and Jes) and WhooHoo. Even at Portugese (sp?) Bend where the road is rough it stuck like glue. I think this car is the perfect design for both street and track use right behind the 914.... wink.gif
TJB/914
Hi agaom Steve.

I found a Red one in my files. Still like the White with Blue Strips.

Tom
Allan
Same color as Vince's

tat2dphreak
nice day to drive a GT, isn't that like saying it's a nice day for a blowjob, it MAKES the day nice... any day you get to drive a gt is a nice day... I'm totally jealous! givemebeer.gif
Loser_Cruiser
Funny that this showed up. Today my friend told me there was a Ford Gt at the dealership. So I went to check it out and sure enought sitting right there in the show room. Not for sale but I got to take pictures on my phone and get a real good Look at it. Pretty Impressive.

Hey Ben its at the ford dealership by the mall over by Kimo's(formally rattelsnake brewing company). Dont know how lon it will be there but you should check it out.
MattR
Found On Road Dead

Fix Or Replace Daily

biggrin.gif
TravisNeff
Anyone think these cars will depricate enough that someone will be able to reasonably pick one up? Lets say 15 years from now, 40-50k? Prolly not...
smg914
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Dec 31 2005, 11:37 AM)
Anyone think these cars will depricate enough that someone will be able to reasonably pick one up? Lets say 15 years from now, 40-50k? Prolly not...

I believe when production is done, they will have made approx. 4,000 GT's. The prices will probably still continue to decline but that should eventually level off and then their value should hold up pretty good.
joeav8tor
First On Race Day.
boxstr
If nanyone is seriously considering a Ford GT purchase, this is the website to keep your eye on. http://www.fordgtprices.com/pages/9/index.htm
CCLINGTME
BEE DRIVEN
The photo below was taken June of 2004 at the EYES ON DESIGN. The young guy in the photo is Camilo Pardo ,he was the Chief Designer in charge of the styling for the GT,and a former classmate of mine in the early to mid 1980's at the CENTER FOR CREATIVE STUDIES. I'll tell you some guys are just too lucky to work on such cars,and than even go out and buy one. The GT is a awesome supercar, I am waiting to drive one some day soon.
BEE DRIVEN
One more photo of the original,and the remake of the GT. I think Pardo did just enough to update the design,and kept the vintage look that everybody loves.
scotty b
Fuching
Old
Rich
Dickhead

So your "friend" makes some high speed runs to Kuba and back right?? smoke.gif
BEE DRIVEN
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jan 1 2006, 03:11 PM)
Fuching
Old
Rich
Dickhead

More like from Detroit to Dearborn at Ford Engineering ,and back. Supercars ,everyday cars,and trucks are designed ,and engineered by normal creative people from around the world. You watch too much tv with that type of thinking.
scotty b
QUOTE (BEE DRIVEN @ Jan 1 2006, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jan 1 2006, 03:11 PM)
Fuching
Old
Rich
Dickhead

More like from Detroit to Dearborn at Ford Engineering ,and back. Supercars ,everyday cars,and trucks are designed ,and engineered by normal creative people from around the world. You watch too much tv with that type of thinking.

confused24.gif What did I miss here??? I was using a little known technique called " Sarcastic humor" you see, it's when someone makes an off the wall statement that most understand is rediculous and some may find humorous. Sorry if I offended with my lack of skill. dry.gif Oh and I was referring to his friend who OWNS the car not his friend who BUILT the car screwy.gif
BEE DRIVEN
Sorry for the misunderstanding... biggrin.gif
scotty b
That's strike #1 you know what happens after 2 more!!! sheeplove.gif You get some Miles time huh.gif
TJB/914
Hi Nick

It's your 914 buddy across town. Best wishes to you and family in 2006.

Maybe you will be the next Camilo Pardo?? Your pictures are the best & most professional ever posted on this site. I know you work automotive & probably on the cutting edge of new prototype design where you work. Tell us about yourself/work and what you do?? Give us motorheads a little insight what's happening in your world.

Tom
BTW
Been working on my photoshop work with your recent help. Can you improve this photo. I know you will make it better. Love those FORD GT's.
Did you see the article about Camilo Pardo about a week ago in the Det Newspaper. He lives like a rock star with lots of groupies in a Detroit Loft condo. Looks like a very interesting car guy.
TJB/914
Nick

Another

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.