Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 over on rennlist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
IanJ
Thought this might be of interest to some of you guys.

Link
Gustl
maybe anybody could post the pics idea.gif

I'm not registered at rennlist, so I can't watch 'em sad.gif

wavey.gif Gustl

grasshopper
please someone post some pics smiley_notworthy.gif
rjames
Not as much fun as I was hoping they'd be, but here ya'll go...
rjames
rjames
rjames
rjames
rjames
rjames
rjames
MarkRobinson
That's my post on Rennlist: I just joined this forum to find out more about this car: sitting original 914-6, the air-cleaner was moved over by me for a photo: it was not discovered like that> smile.gif

I'm up for offers on parts to determine whether I should purchase the car or not. I just bought a new house & do not have permission to part funds for this car, but if I can pre-sell a few items on it, then it's a go.

It does have the original re-cased engine (no markings), webers, original exhaust, rear valence, 14" fuches, etc. If I can get $1000 committed in purchases on the car, I'll get it & supply those parts. Car has not run in 18 years & is does not appear (at first glance) to be worth restoring. Email me if you're curious about any parts in this car. It is an orig. car: 914xxx...VIN.

Mark (Porschesolutions@gmail.com)
echocanyons
What makes you think the car is not worth restoring?
Gustl
QUOTE (rjames @ Jan 3 2006, 09:20 PM)

user posted image

hijacked.gif ... could anybody tell me where to get this sticker (and the other stickers from the engine comparment from a factory /6) NOS or as reproduction idea.gif

any help would be highly apreceated beerchug.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
MarkRobinson
that sticker is in perfect condition on the car: just a horribly washed out photo due to the sun's angle. cool sticker (metal tag) though. smile.gif
tdgray
QUOTE (echocanyons @ Jan 3 2006, 05:04 PM)
What makes you think the car is not worth restoring?

Ahhh... Yea what he said blink.gif

An orginal six, definite worth restoring unless it folds in half when you open the doors and even then I would contemplate it. dry.gif
sixnotfour
The engine serial numbers for a 914-6 are by the breather housing on the drivers side stamped into the block. you will have to remove the aircleaner to see it.
MarkRobinson
Thanks Jeff, would you mind elaborating on this for me? the car has an "access hatch" cut behind the driver's seat, hence the reason for the photos I posted. smile.gif

Many of the photos above reflect me searhing for the engine number to the right of the fan, just above the oil pressure switch (I think, green wire?)

Mark
Jeffs9146
You can see the number from the top!
Porsche Rescue
Can't understand why it would have an inspection hole in the firewall if it is a factory six engine. Timing mark is visible through the top of the bellhousing as shown in the pic above. Given the rusty steel brackets visible in the pics, it looks to me like it once had an AC compressor. Sometimes those require a hole in the firewall for clearance.
Eric_Shea
agree.gif with Jim,

I'd bet it was for the A/C. I noticed the A/C bracket in the first few pictures.
MarkRobinson
The condensor box is still located in the nose, so yup, I'd concur. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (MarkRobinson @ Jan 3 2006, 12:49 PM)
If I can get $1000 committed in purchases on the car, I'll get it & supply those parts. Car has not run in 18 years & is does not appear (at first glance) to be worth restoring. Email me if you're curious about any parts in this car. It is an orig. car: 914xxx...VIN.

i give you $500 for the whole car as is ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
Porsche Rescue
Craig at Camp914 has a factory six roller (stripped but rust free I think) which could be mated to the Texas car and someone could have a very nice factory six at minimal cost (and lots of work). Can't find a pic but one was posted here a while back. Maybe Craig will post one.
MarkRobinson
I might just sell the whole car as-is, I'd rather have a clean 914 driver for now, I have my faster cars, & can always increase the value of a 914-4 by adding a powerful 6 later.

Mark
SirAndy
QUOTE (MarkRobinson @ Jan 3 2006, 03:22 PM)
I might just sell the whole car as-is

well, if the price is right, let me know ...

beerchug.gif Andy
grasshopper
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 3 2006, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (MarkRobinson @ Jan 3 2006, 03:22 PM)
I might just sell the whole car as-is

well, if the price is right, let me know ...

beerchug.gif Andy

well, i already emailed him, so i have first dibs KMA.gif biggrin.gif but if it doesn't work out, i'll get my people to talk to your people smile.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Jan 3 2006, 03:55 PM)
Craig at Camp914 has a factory six roller (stripped but rust free I think) which could be mated to the Texas car and someone could have a very nice factory six at minimal cost (and lots of work). Can't find a pic but one was posted here a while back. Maybe Craig will post one.

Bare shell roller.....$1800
SirAndy
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Jan 3 2006, 03:52 PM)
well, i already emailed him, so i have first dibs KMA.gif biggrin.gif but if it doesn't work out, i'll get my people to talk to your people smile.gif

was your email sent before 02:51 PM ??? if not, you're soooo out of luck ... biggrin.gif

i thought you already had a project car ???
cool_shades.gif Andy
SLITS
Is the VIN # 914115?
grasshopper
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 3 2006, 03:56 PM)
well, i already emailed him, so i have first dibs KMA.gif  :D  but if it doesn't work out, i'll get my people to talk to your people smile.gif

was your email sent before 02:51 PM ??? if not, you're soooo out of luck ... biggrin.gif

cool_shades.gif Andy

you suck andy biggrin.gif ... so what if i already have a project car.... it not like ill ever finish it dry.gif
MarkRobinson
The VIN is 914...696 (dont recall the 2-3 numbers missing here, but can at my office in the AM.
Went & looked at the car again this evening, and I must admit, it can probably & easily be restored. the only measurable rust is at the battery box (toast), but rear, rockers, driver's pan appear to have weathered very well. The exhaust is rusted at the rear, and the entire car is mostly disassembled in preparation of a repaint back in '88. I'm told most of these parts are available, but have yet to talk directly to the owner...wish me luck tomorrow. smile.gif Oh! and the engine number appears to be correct: 6405040. smile.gif

Mark
Aaron Cox
ill give 1500 as is where is.
boxstr
Real 914-6 tub.
cary
If it can be restored. IT HAS TO BE RESTORED. PERIOD.

If you guys can't get along. I'll have someone come a pick it up. I need another 914 like I need a hole in my head. But it needs to live.
Eddie Williams
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 3 2006, 05:56 PM)
well, i already emailed him, so i have first dibs KMA.gif  :D  but if it doesn't work out, i'll get my people to talk to your people smile.gif

cool_shades.gif Andy

I think I beat both of you my email was sent at :

Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:01:11 -0800 (PST)
rick 918-S
Why do you want to part it? Here we go again... popcorn[1].gif
MarkRobinson
I'm pretty sure I'll be selling the entire car as-is. I went back to the car last night & snapped more pictures, looking for rust, but barely found any! Body lines are straight, & verified that the engine is the original '69 year mfgr'd 914-6 powerplant. Once I find out how much I will have to pay for the car, I will set a reasonable price for this restorable car.

BTW: it was being prepped for paint (18 years ago) before stored, so all the trim & such has already been removed & is in storage at the owner's house I'm told.

Mark. (email me for pictures (faster for me to provide them that way): Mark-jra@sbcglobal.net
Eddie Williams

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Root_Werks
I have seen worse 474 vins restored. Someone should save this car. Let it sell for a low dollar to a good home where it will be properly restored. (Not my house) wink.gif
SLITS
Gad....here we go again..... popcorn[1].gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (cary @ Jan 3 2006, 09:26 PM)
If it can be restored. IT HAS TO BE RESTORED. PERIOD.

If you guys can't get along. I'll have someone come a pick it up. I need another 914 like I need a hole in my head. But it needs to live.

agree.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Jan 4 2006, 10:37 AM)
I have seen worse 474 vins restored. Someone should save this car. Let it sell for a low dollar to a good home where it will be properly restored. (Not my house) wink.gif

agree.gif popcorn[1].gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 4 2006, 11:31 AM)
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Jan 4 2006, 10:37 AM)
I have seen worse 474 vins restored.  Someone should save this car.  Let it sell for a low dollar to a good home where it will be properly restored. (Not my house)  ;)

agree.gif popcorn[1].gif

You mean the "not my house" part? av-943.gif
MarkRobinson
Maybe I should investigate if someone has a nice 914-4 to partially trade me for this 914-6 chassis? After all, If I'm not going to part it, and I cannot restore it personally, and a 914-4 is in my immediate future, maybe someone out there is looking for a partial swap as well. Hmm..
Silver, Black, Yellow, or Red...

I guess I need to see if the car is reasonable to purchase yet before I continue. smile.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (rjames @ Jan 3 2006, 12:20 PM)

wink.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (MarkRobinson @ Jan 4 2006, 01:42 PM)
Maybe I should investigate if someone has a nice 914-4 to partially trade me for this 914-6 chassis? After all, If I'm not going to part it, and I cannot restore it personally, and a 914-4 is in my immediate future, maybe someone out there is looking for a partial swap as well. Hmm..
Silver, Black, Yellow, or Red...

I guess I need to see if the car is reasonable to purchase yet before I continue. smile.gif

Now, please convince me that I should "partially trade" you a running '74 2.0L with swaybars, center console, yada yada for a siezed engine, siezed set of carbs, unknown tailshifter tranny and extensive restoration cost hunk that you found underneath a tree....uh huh...riiiight......

Ok non-club members.......flame away..................
MarkRobinson
Because you want this car to restore. It can be done, though will take a lot of hard work. I don't have that time, but 5 others within the last 24 hours (some from this forum some from others) feel the same way.

It's worth a few thousand, and a good running 2.0 is typically between 4-8 depending on motivation & condition, so I pay the difference.

It's not that uncommon Ron. mueba.gif
MarkRobinson
Hi Gwen, sorry for the sunlight-washed photo: it's perfect, I'll get another shot of the plate on my way home today, & wipe it first (no the spit-on-the-finger-wipe as I did on Saturday)

Mark
rick 918-S
So What are you paying for this car? What do you think it's worth?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.