Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Another Trip To Home Depot,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
nomore9one4
QUOTE(tdgray @ Dec 4 2013, 11:25 AM) *

Has to be one of the oldest resurrects ever ... 7 years biggrin.gif

lol.. I thought maybe he got hit again! I was gonna tell him to start shopping at Lowes! biggrin.gif
Spoke
Nope, car's ok and I do shop at Lowes now.

I did have a close call with my 911 and a deer. I was driving along a country road at night and and I saw something at the right front fender.

The deer had started to cross the road and stopped when he saw my car. I could see the deer's head in my headlights about 3 feet from my car but I missed him. I swerved just a bit but he did most of the accident avoidance in this event.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(Spoke @ Dec 6 2013, 06:39 AM) *

Nope, car's ok and I do shop at Lowes now.

I did have a close call with my 911 and a deer. I was driving along a country road at night and and I saw something at the right front fender.

The deer had started to cross the road and stopped when he saw my car. I could see the deer's head in my headlights about 3 feet from my car but I missed him. I swerved just a bit but he did most of the accident avoidance in this event.

So did you get another 914 or did you buy a 911 instead?

Curious...
Spoke
I got a good settlement from the insurance company for the accident so I bought another 914; a '74 2L in awesome condition rust-wise. I kept it a couple of years then sold it and bought the 911.

I straightened the crunched 914 and I'm driving that now.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(joeav8tor @ Jan 5 2006, 08:15 PM) *

sorry about the damage to your 914, it looked nice in the pictures...I have collector car insurance, I told them that I have a low mileage 914 and they told me that a 73 2.0 in museum condition would be worth approximately $25,000....they asked me the value of the car and I told them $17,000...annual cost is $135 a year.
there are a few of rules for the insurance.

no drivers in the house under a certain age ( I think it was 25)
both other driveable cars less than 10 years old (wifes and mine)
2000 miles driven max a year.
I had to provide them with some pictures of the car.

Joe

Smart. Good way to save your car.

I also have classic car insurance. I have my LE valued at $40, 000. Fortunately, unlike most classic car insurances, mine is not capped at 2, 000 miles a year, but unlimited driving. I pay a bit over $300 a year. If anything happens to it, I'd send it to a professional restoration shop instead of a body shop to make sure it's done right and to spec. No shortcuts. If it is a total loss, I get paid the full insured amount and have enough to buy another really nice one. My '75 that I have for sale is insured under the same policy for $20, 000. Same deal.

If you want to fix it, I hope you're able to. If not, I hope you're able to get one at least as nice with your insurance money. I'm really sorry this happened to you and your car. But what's really important is you're okay. I was T-boned head on driver side at 55mph by someone who ran a light. It's not only a miracle I'm alive, but that I got up and walked out of my car. Count your blessings. And I hope you're in another nice 914 soon. Truly sorry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.