VegasRacer
2005 WCC biggrin.gif
Andyrew
"I'll be there"

sing it with me..

Hopefully with a painted HPH flared v8... lol

Doing the flares now...
reverie
Not much info yet, except Kevin's nailed post that says - Portland, Oregon, July 7/8/9.

There was a funny post from Craig the other day - "the 2006 WCC... wherever it is."

Anyone know what activities are planned? Anyone asked about track fees? smile.gif
spare time toys
wasnt there a hotell listed in one of the threads?
URY914
I'll give you an offical "maybe".

Or better yet, "I hope".

Paul

rick 918-S
My Motor and transaxle come out next weekend for a rebuild. Photos to come under my old build thread. This will be another big push like the WCC "04" Will Sandy and I make it? cool_shades.gif

This photo was taken on the top of the parking ramp the day I arrived at the Pruneyard for the WCC "04"

rick 918-S
Here's " Some serious HP at Willow WCC "05"! Big Chevy V8, Big Porsche V8, Big Porsche 6!
MoveQik
I will be there! With car even.... clap.gif
JoeSharp
I like the people.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
xitspd
ohmy.gif We will be there..............................
rick 918-S
QUOTE (xitspd @ Jan 6 2006, 06:33 AM)
ohmy.gif We will be there..............................

I want a group shot of with you and 914 RS, and Vegas Racer, and ... Oh EVERYBODY!! aktion035.gif driving.gif
iamchappy
It may take an act of God for me to pull it all together, This is the one I really want to go to. I will do my best. smash.gif
xitspd
cool.gif Sounds good to me......... beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Dan
rick 918-S
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Jan 6 2006, 06:42 AM)
It may take an act of God for me to pull it all together, This is the one I really want to go to. I will do my best. smash.gif

If I can help call me. If you need an upholstery guy call Clint. He could use a little project. His Quality is second to none.

It would be cool if we could travel together! Any word on Qarl?... sad.gif
Ferg
Planning on it driving.gif
jim_hoyland
I'm in, but not driving.
Allan
It's in the plans for this summer... Still don't know if I'm gonna drive the car or trailer it.
GWN7
Details? Sure post a pic of Mt. Fuji with a pic of a go cart track in front..... wink.gif
iamchappy
Rick, The engine is at Johnsonmotor sports with parts coming from Supertec, The body is being prepared for paint. Car allowance will determine on how fast things come together, the house remodeling is on going and it sucks up a lot of car monies.
Qarl is doing great, he is getting started on the teener again, I am going down to visit him in two weeks. We are trying to figure the logistics of the drive, or tow to WCC06.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Jan 6 2006, 07:38 AM)
Rick, The engine is at Johnsonmotor sports with parts coming from Supertec, The body is being prepared for paint. Car allowance will determine on how fast things come together, the house remodeling is on going and it sucks up a lot of car monies.
Qarl is doing great, he is getting started on the teener again, I am going down to visit him in two weeks. We are trying to figure the logistics of the drive, or tow to WCC06.

You guys ROCK! aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
McMark
I'll be there with at least one 914. wink.gif
Porsche Rescue
I bumped the thread "West Coast Classic in PDX '06". First post has hotel details.
Vegas Racer's pic of PIR is inspiring, but unless Counselor Craig has worked some sort of miracle, the only track time we will get is a lunch-break parade lap during the vintage races on Sunday.
skline
I wont be able to make it this time, with my work schedule, it is just too far for me to wander. Anything more than about 6 hours from home just is not feasable for me for the next few years. Maybe next year?

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Mueller
I'll be there as long as:

I'm not in jail, or if I get probaition*, my PO lets me travel biggrin.gif wacko.gif

*court in a few weeks blink.gif

Already signed up to stay at JP's....he better keep his tool box locked up...I've been known to "sleep walk and take things apart" hahahaha
Aaron Cox
if i ever finish the damn thing...ill be there....

and im dumb enuff to drive it biggrin.gif
stiff ride for 13 hrs.... laugh.gif

user posted image
dinomium
If I start pushing now, I will be there with a 914, more than likely it will be in the f150, but I will be there!
Lou W
I should be there, but my car won't. sad.gif It'll have to wait till 07. smile.gif
grasshopper
if i can stop buying parts, i will be there huh.gif
Andyrew
So...

We gona run on the track?

I have heard no information what so ever on anything.... Nothings been posted to my knowledge...

What are we gona be doing? How many days? When?

andrew
TurtleGirl
I'm using up ALL of my vacation for the year to be there!

We're planning on taking the long way there and back. Might hook up with some of the SoCal crew and then head up the PCH... or might go thru Vegas and follow Elvira... We haven't planned that far ahead. Only that We're going to take somewhere between 10-14 days for the trip!

smilie_pokal.gif driving-girl.gif drunk.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (TurtleGirl @ Jan 6 2006, 06:17 PM)
Might hook up with some of the SoCal crew and then head up the PCH... or might go thru Vegas and follow Elvira...

I say: "Do Both"! smilie_flagge24.gif
I can leave Vegas anytime on or after Sunday July 2nd.
Porsche Rescue
Sounds like so much fun I think I'll come south to join you on the trip to Portland!
TravisNeff
I plan on being there, Giddyup!
sean_v8_914
yup
sean_v8_914
I sold that car to a club member in Washington. ew will be in my newly resurected 73 2.0
rick 918-S
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 6 2006, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (TurtleGirl @ Jan 6 2006, 06:17 PM)
Might hook up with some of the SoCal crew and then head up the PCH... or might go thru Vegas and follow Elvira...

I say: "Do Both"! smilie_flagge24.gif
I can leave Vegas anytime on or after Sunday July 2nd.

I planned a very northern route this year. But depending on how things work out, I may have to drive South first.

If I miss Vegas this year I may not forgive myself! Now where's my leaderhosen.. idea.gif
Trekkor
I need a track day to make a trip like that. chowtime.gif

KT
drew365
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jan 6 2006, 09:31 PM)

KT

I had the same reaction. That's a long way to tow a track car and not get on a track. Maybe we can race around the concrete tire stops in the parking lot. smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (drew365 @ Jan 6 2006, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jan 6 2006, 09:31 PM)

KT

I had the same reaction. That's a long way to tow a track car and not get on a track. Maybe we can race around the concrete tire stops in the parking lot. smilie_pokal.gif

Plan to come you guy's. If we can't get an AX or track time put together by then you can cancel at the last minute.

Or just come out to meet us. confused24.gif Just like the first WCC "04" ,, The Exellence article, every other Classic across the counrty, and every Classic "05" event as well as this garage type BBS.

It's about the people not just the cars. wavey.gif
Porsche Rescue
I am not involved with the planning at this point, but my guess is that this Classic will be for driving and socializing, not track time. If your car cannot be enjoyed on the highway, probably best to come without and ride along.
Trekkor
18 hour round trip for me...No track, no Trek. wavey.gif

KT
MartyYeoman
Yup, we're in.
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 6 2006, 11:55 AM)

and im dumb enuff to drive it biggrin.gif
stiff ride for 13 hrs.... laugh.gif

user posted image

If you plan on driving to Portland in 13 hours you better have one kick ass radar detector... biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jan 6 2006, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 6 2006, 11:55 AM)

and im dumb enuff to drive it  :D
stiff ride for 13 hrs....  :lol:

user posted image

If you plan on driving to Portland in 13 hours you better have one kick ass radar detector... biggrin.gif

hmmmm

Map
Start address: Corona, CA
End address: Portland, OR
Distance: 1,016 mi (about 16 hours 53 mins)

ok...we'll call it 14
GWN7
I'd call it 3 days.....

Total Est. Time: 25 hours, 10 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1716.88 miles
montoya 73 2.0
Someone did talk about a motel. check this thread:

"WCC 06", Car won't be ready, but I want to go?
boxstr
Well, it appears that Portland Oregon is the place for the 2006 WCC. I had a very productive planning meeting today with the event planning director and co director, Gary and Pamela Chapman.
A preliminary agenda has been worked out, also the routes for the two driving days, the 8th and 9th.
The 7th is going to be a meet and greet at the Monarch Hotel. Regisration and goodie bags. Wewill have a"car wash" area set aside with hoses and wash items
The 8th will be a run up to Timberline Lodge, for a lunch and photo op, with a return down to the old Columbia River hiway to Edgefield Manor in Troutdale. Then back to the hotel. Working on a Banquet for that evening(this is not finalized yet).
The 9th will be a run out to Portland International Raceway. We will have a 914 club Car Corral, noon time Parade lap, an autocross, lots a of vintage car racing and vendors selling all kinds of goodies.
This is all subject to change, but this will give all of you an idea of what we are planning.
Craig C. Laughlin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.