Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT, Toyota pwr antenna
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smooth_eddy
My 95 Toyota trucks antenna is not working too well. The motor works fine that drives the antenna. Problem is the antenna works only with a manual push or pull most of the time. I removed it and cleaned the plastic extender/retractor gear and put it back together, but same results. Any ideas? I know this is not 914 content, but where else will I get help confused24.gif Thanks, Eddy
jet1
I replaced the antenna on my dad's 4runner and had trouble getting the gear teeth to line up the right way with the plastic retractor line that is inside the antenna. maybe the antenna is slightly twisted? also, you may want to try wd-40 on the antenna while it is in the extended position to clean any crap off that might be causing it to stick.
smooth_eddy
Yes, I did use WD40 to clean the whole thing up with. And yes, I did play with alignment of the gears. The gears on the antenna seem to be okay, but there is some grinding going on. The antenna mechanism slides up and down easy. Still confused. Eddy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.