Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SF-Bay Area Breakfast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
fiid
EDIT:

Next breakfast is on Jan 28th.

Original Pancake House, Fremont, 9:14, Saturday 28 Jan.
39222 Fremont Blvd

See next post for maps.
lapuwali
EDIT:

Original Pancake House, Fremont, 9:14, Saturday 28 Jan.
39222 Fremont Blvd

[ Yahoo! Maps ]

Map of
Original Pancake House
39222 Fremont Blvd
Fremont CA 94538
Jenny
Let's do lunch at fudruckers. drooley.gif I love their burgers, and Brian and I never make it up there unless we're going to an A's game after work, and we're always in a rush with no time to stop for food. I'll bet McMark will second my suggestion. burger.gif

Jen
Brad Roberts
I'm in.

I'll leave Saturday afternoon for SD. I plan to be in town all week finishing up more loose ends. This will be a good way to end the week.

B
lapuwali
According to Yahoo Yellow Pages, there are Fuddruckers in:

E-ville, on Bay St.
Union City, at Union Landing (880 near Whipple, not far from PartsHeaven)

in the East Bay, unless you go all the way to Concord/Walnut Creek, or into Dublin.

Union City sounds nice for lunch, and access looks easy. The one in E-ville doesn't look like it's easy to get to, but I don't know the area very well.

Unless someone else chimes in, I'd vote for 11:30 at the Union City Fuddruckers. We can beat some of the lunch rush, and some people will just turn it into "brunch".

Looks like we have 5 right now...
Dave_Darling
Yeah, someone pick a location QUICK! Before that DD idiot tells everyone it's at IHOP again.... wink.gif

--DD
neo914-6
Crash the Rgruppe meet at EASY on the first Sat of the month. laugh.gif
smrz914
Make it a week earlier and I'll bring LED taillight I have finished! I leave for school on the 22.
jimtab
I'm in unless a house falls on me....damed kansas bitches.... biggrin.gif
DanT
I would be there but the GGR time trial instructors are having our annual preseason meeting (same day) to discuss the upcoming TT season. Expectations of the program and discussions about various issues, related to students and instruction.
ohmy.gif wacko.gif driving.gif driving.gif

Any of our contingent planning on participating in our TTs or HSDS this season? smile.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jan 10 2006, 06:40 PM)
I would be there but the GGR time trial instructors are having our annual preseason meeting (same day) to discuss the upcoming TT season. Expectations of the program and discussions about various issues, related to students and instruction.
ohmy.gif wacko.gif driving.gif driving.gif

Any of our contingent planning on participating in our TTs or HSDS this season? smile.gif

I hope to get to an HSDS this year at least once. I was all set last year, did the ground school and the tech and then 2 days b4 thunderhill I got an attack of diverticulitis...and the doc said NO WAY... ahh maybe I'll be luckier this year.... smile.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jan 10 2006, 06:57 PM)
I got an attack of diverticulitis...and the doc said NO WAY...

The Doc said? I thought those attacks were very painful?

I should be able to make it, I might even bring a dummy.

McMark
I'm in unless I'm out of town. wink.gif Mmmm, Fuddruckers burgers.
anthony
I vote for breakfast. This lunch thing sucks up the whole middle of the day.
Trevorg7
I vote for breakfast too!

Decode(time,am,yes,no)

Thanks

T
MartyYeoman

I third the breakfast thing. agree.gif
lapuwali
Hmm. Looks like we're 2 for lunch (Jenny/McMark), 3 for breakfast, and at least 1 (me) that would do either one. Sounds like DD would prefer breakfast, too?

So, those who are interested in coming, state your preference as to lunch at Fuddrucker's at 11:30, or breakfast at IHOP at 9:14 (there's one in Hayward, not far from 880/238).

However the votes tally by Monday the 16th will decide the issue...

JeffBowlsby
I vote for breakfast...
SirAndy
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Jan 11 2006, 05:07 PM)
I vote for breakfast...

agree.gif
Demick
I might make it if it's breakfast. But not for lunch.

Demick
jimtab
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Jan 10 2006, 07:01 PM)
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jan 10 2006, 06:57 PM)
I got an attack of diverticulitis...and the doc said NO WAY...

The Doc said? I thought those attacks were very painful?

I should be able to make it, I might even bring a dummy.

Oh they are but so was the thought of missing a chance to drive on a track. I'd rather have breakfast...I have to be somewhere else at 2pm.
richardL
Same here - breakfast yes, lunch unlikely

R
fiid
I'd do either, but I have a slight breakfast preference. I would rather do something that isn't IHOP too, but I realise that that might not be doable. Any ideas?
McMark
Breakfast is fine. dry.gif There goes my burger.

I'm not sure which I'd prefer... McDonalds or IHOP. idea.gif
lapuwali
QUOTE (fiid @ Jan 11 2006, 08:40 PM)
I'd do either, but I have a slight breakfast preference. I would rather do something that isn't IHOP too, but I realise that that might not be doable. Any ideas?

I looked for a Stacks in the East Bay, but they don't have any. I'm certainly open to suggestions. I don't know the East Bay very well. If someone has a better idea, speak up.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jan 11 2006, 04:42 PM)
Sounds like DD would prefer breakfast, too?

Odds are much better of me getting to a breakfast than a lunch. My attorney has a very large list of things I'm supposed to be doing during the day, even on weekends...

--DD
jimtab
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Jan 11 2006, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jan 11 2006, 04:42 PM)
Sounds like DD would prefer breakfast, too?

Odds are much better of me getting to a breakfast than a lunch. My attorney has a very large list of things I'm supposed to be doing during the day, even on weekends...

--DD

HA HA Damp Dave has HONEYDOS>>>>>HA HA>>>> biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ....oh shit....so do I.... wacko.gif
Jenny
You guys are a bunch of fudrucker nazis. bs.gif

So I guess it's shaping up to be breakfast. IHOP doesn't have the *best* food, and actually, I don't really like the setup of that particular hayward IHOP. The whole group gets divided up into different tables and booths. But a place like Stacks would be an hour's wait, at least. Maybe someone can call ahead with a head count and get them to arrange some tables together. IHOP's, that is.

Jen
jonwatts
Can anybody vouch for The Original Pancake House in Fremont? Never been there myself.

It looks like the group is largely leaning towards breakfast. I could do either but breakfast would help keep the rest of the day productive.

anthony
Sounds good Jon! The reviews look decent.
Jenny
Original pancake house is yummy. Never been to the one in Fremont, but the one in Los Altos was great. Horrible parking, but great food. Maybe someone in the area can do a fly-by to scope out the parking situation in Fremont. And I'd highly suggest calling in ahead.

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jan 12 2006, 08:42 AM)
Maybe someone in the area can do a fly-by to scope out the parking situation in Fremont.

i flew over it this morning and took a picture. cool_shades.gif

and there seems to be quite a bit of parking at the shopping center ....
smile.gif Andy
Jenny
Aww, Andy. Thanks for obliging! Are you coming to breakfast? I haven't seen you in ages!

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jan 12 2006, 09:23 AM)
Thanks for obliging!

anything for you, mistress ... KMA.gif
Dave_Darling
Andy, which building is the OPH?

There was one of those in the town in IL where I grew up. I didn't realize it was a chain until I saw the Los Altos one...

--DD
lapuwali
Looks good to me. OK, Original Pancake House, 39222 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA at 9:14, 28 Jan 2006.

Google Map

Be there, be square.

I'll call ahead, and bump this thread for the next couple of weeks.
fiid
sha-weeeeet!

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
MartyYeoman
Count me in. chowtime.gif
Leo Imperial
Can a red car with a 1.7 really fly. huh.gif
Ahh the Red Barron laugh.gif
plas76targa
Let's see, if I leave this Monday and drive 10 hrs per day, I could be there by early afternoon on Friday.. idea.gif ..I'd even bring an East Coast burger for McMark laugh.gif .. then again, I'd have to turn around and head back on Sunday..

..i'm going to have to miss this one! you all have fun!! beer.gif
toon1
I will supply breakfast and lunch if you all want to come over and help me with the shit box! Tracy would be a real E.B.trip! biggrin.gif
MartyYeoman
QUOTE (toon1 @ Jan 13 2006, 10:21 AM)
...and help me with the shit box!...

confused24.gif
toon1
trying to get it running
lapuwali
icon_bump.gif
lapuwali
icon_bump.gif
toon1
Hate to say it, what does icon_bump.gif =?
Mueller
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jan 12 2006, 12:27 AM)
You guys are a bunch of fudrucker nazis. bs.gif

if it makes you feel any better, we had fuddruckers for dinner a couple of nights ago in walnut creek....had to pass on the Kobi beef burger, $9.00 a little out of my price range....
Jenny
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 17 2006, 11:52 AM)
if it makes you feel any better, we had fuddruckers for dinner a couple of nights ago in walnut creek

No, I'd honestly have to say that doesn't make me feel any better. sad.gif McMark? You feel any better? laugh.gif

Just joshin' ya Mike. How are the girls doing??

Jen
lapuwali
QUOTE (toon1 @ Jan 17 2006, 11:47 AM)
Hate to say it, what does icon_bump.gif =?

Bumping the post up so it doesn't get buried on page 22 of the topics by the 28th. Need to make sure people actually SEE the notice, so they'll show up.
McMark
Well I love pancakes as well, and as it turns out, IHOP is having an all you can eat pancakes special. Soooooooo, that makes it an even split between burgers and 'cakes. Now if I could get a buffalo burger with all you can eat pancakes I'll be in heaven. lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.