Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SC Flairs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnmhudson111
I did a search to see 914 with SC flairs and I only found acouple but I had a few questions:
1. Who has them and how do you like them?
2. What size wheel/tire combo are you running? Did you have to use spacers towill out the flairs?
3. How hard were they to fit to the car? I know there will be alot of fabrication but how much as compared to a set of GT flairs?
Aaron Cox
search for CARERROR

wink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Jan 10 2006, 05:58 PM)
I did a search to see 914 with SC flairs and I only found acouple but I had a few questions:
2. What size wheel/tire combo are you running? Did you have to use spacers towill out the flairs?
3. How hard were they to fit to the car? I know there will be alot of fabrication but how much as compared to a set of GT flairs?

Gwen (GTeener) has 'em. I had them done. Substantial amount of work, and you need to mod the rockers and rear valence. Cost was well under the price for GT flares, parts and labor. 7s front (no mods) and 8s rear (x 15) fit and look good, no spacers. The Cap'n
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 10 2006, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Jan 10 2006, 05:58 PM)

Gwen (GTeener) has 'em. I had them done. Substantial amount of work, and you need to mod the rockers and rear valence. Cost was well under the price for GT flares, parts and labor. 7s front (no mods) and 8s rear (x 15) fit and look good, no spacers. The Cap'n

7's dont require ANY flare to fit a 7" fuch under stock fenders......

SC flares look good....
Mike D.
Here is one I started and never finished. Joe Sharp owns it now. Kinda wish I had back, maybe one day... biggrin.gif

johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 10 2006, 09:02 PM)
search for CARERROR

wink.gif

Thanks, Carerror was one of the ones that my search turned up.

I have got 16x7 fuchs on all four corners with 205/55s and I have had to crank in all the negitive camber I could just to get them to not rub and that was with rolling the fenders.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 10 2006, 09:07 PM)

SC flares look good....

I think the 7s would fit fine with a 195 tire but I really want to keep the 205 or maybe even put an 8 on the rear with a 245...... idea.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Jan 10 2006, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 10 2006, 09:07 PM)

SC flares look good....

I think the 7s would fit fine with a 195 tire but I really want to keep the 205 or maybe even put an 8 on the rear with a 245...... idea.gif

8" and 225" reqires a 2" flare....

see my blog....
Gary
Mine are here. More updated pictures in the next week or two, as she is really close to roadworthy. She has 205/50/16s, Yoko ES100, up front and 225/50/16s out back. Fits comfortably.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Gary @ Jan 11 2006, 12:36 AM)
Mine are here. More updated pictures in the next week or two, as she is really close to roadworthy. She has 205/50/16s, Yoko ES100, up front and 225/50/16s out back. Fits comfortably.

Gary, so you have any pictures of your car with the wheels on it?

Your car look great
sixnotfour
SC Flairs
JoeSharp
Hey John: Check my blog.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Joseph Mills
John,

I have pre SC style flares fitted by the PO from an early 70's body. It's a pretty subtle change in appearance, but you gain a good deal of clearance. Most people seem to like the look.

I have no problem running 8" fuchs with 225 Kumho or Hoosier tires. No spacers are required and they fill the wheel well nicely.

You can feel the weld inside the fender. It's about 5" above and around the wheel well opening.

I'll attach some pics. rolleyes.gif
Joseph Mills
Joseph Mills
Aaron Cox
yep... your car was what made me want flares.....
user posted image
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Jan 10 2006, 11:20 PM)
SC Flairs

That's another one of mine! The car is now in GA, AFIK. 2.7 MFI RS clone, 79 turbo brakes, limited slip. The Cap'n
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 11 2006, 12:44 PM)
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Jan 10 2006, 11:20 PM)
SC Flairs

That's another one of mine! The car is now in GA, AFIK. 2.7 MFI RS clone, 79 turbo brakes, limited slip. The Cap'n

youre just the SC flare pimp laugh.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Joseph Mills @ Jan 11 2006, 01:22 PM)
John,

I have pre SC style flares fitted by the PO from an early 70's body. It's a pretty subtle change in appearance, but you gain a good deal of clearance. Most people seem to like the look.

I have no problem running 8" fuchs with 225 Kumho or Hoosier tires. No spacers are required and they fill the wheel well nicely.

You can feel the weld inside the fender. It's about 5" above and around the wheel well opening.

I'll attach some pics. rolleyes.gif

I really like those, pre SC you say. I would guess that the flairs off a 70 to 73 911 would be the same? idea.gif
Joseph Mills
Yes John you're correct.

If you're interested I can find out the exact year and take a few more pics from various angles.

We need a photo emoticon...

smile.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Joseph Mills @ Jan 11 2006, 05:24 PM)
Yes John you're correct.

If you're interested I can find out the exact year and take a few more pics from various angles.

We need a photo emoticon...

smile.gif

No rush but any additional photos would be great!

Wonder if anyone has done the "matching" front flairs?
JoeSharp
I'll try.
JoeSharp
and
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.