Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 brakes upgrade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rivs914
Hi!

I've installed 19mm master cylinder with 911 caliper (coming from '69-78 911 I guess) and 911 rotors on my 914. Which size of brake lines do I need to use? Same as 914 OE ones? Anybody have some experience with this modif?

Also, is the rear proportionnal valve still needed?

Thanks guys
Bleyseng
Replace the old rubber or SS lines with new ones. I went to a VW Parts store that had short steel brake lines with the correct fittings that I bent carefully to go from the rubber line to the caliper. Was pretty easy to do, just go slow so you don't crimp the new steel line.

see crappy pic

mueba.gif
davep
Yes, many of us have gone this route, some of us 20 years ago. Other than replacing all the lines, as has been suggested, with stock replacements, there is not much else you need to do. Some of us have also gone to vented rear rotors as well, but it really depends on if you have enough horsepower to require that.
rivs914
Thanks for your advise.

I will replace all the lines (rubber and steel lines) since there are removed from the car.

What is about the proportionnal valve in rear? Did you keep it?

Eric_Shea
I would ditch the P-Valve with the system you mentioned.

E.
70Sixter
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Jan 11 2006, 10:50 AM)
I would ditch the P-Valve with the system you mentioned.

E.

agree.gif With the big brakes up front doing most of the work the valve is not needed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.