Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running Light Delete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
I'm adding flares to my car, and have deleted the running lights in front by welding up the holes. So what are you guys doing with the rubber molded harness and unused wires? One part of the rubber harness cover will hook to the parking light, and the other? Heat shrink over the wires/connectors, and plug the harness cover hole? Is there another tidier way?

Andys
dmenche914
Sound like a good plan to me, if the rubbr boot is still good, save it, as you or someone may need one the the future. main thng is to prevent electric shorts, so you plan seems fine.
ClayPerrine
If you look at how the harness is made, the wiring for the side marker lights is connected to the connector for the front park lights. All you need to do is to unwrap the harness by the lights and separate out the park light wiring and cut it free. Then rewrap the harness and hook the park lights back up.
elocke
I just heat shrank the ends, flopped them back and cable-tied to the skinny part of the boot. Actually I just put the cable tie on because you made me think of it biggrin.gif when I went to take the pic. I drove 5K w/o.
Ed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.