An Mo...
JeffBowlsby
An Mo...
JeffBowlsby
Last...
URY914
Bowlsby,
Do you have a special 914 search engine just for 914 stuff? pray.gif

If Jimmy Hoffa was buried in a 914, you'd find it.

Paul
JeffBowlsby
hehehe...

Maybe AJSerrano should just buy thisun...

If its real that is...I am not GT qualified...
Racer
What is up with the rear sway bar running IN the trunk instead of UNDER the trunk? blink.gif
redshift
QUOTE(Racer @ Aug 28 2003, 09:38 PM)
What is up with the rear sway bar running IN the trunk instead of UNDER the trunk? blink.gif

It looks like a stock bar adapted to a very trick rearend... like it won't fit under there.. look at that frikken rubber.

I imagine the arms are moved in, and looks like up.

M
redshift
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 28 2003, 09:02 PM)
If Jimmy Hoffa was buried in a 914, you'd find it.

Paul

LOL! Missed that.

M
drew365
What is up with the rear sway bar running IN the trunk instead of UNDER the trunk?

Some cars have problems with the rear sway bar bottoming out on the trunk. Mounting it in the trunk eliminates that problem and also makes it easier to adjust.
Brad Roberts
Drew nailed it. A stock 914 with a stock rear bar will hit the chassis. Look under your car (if you still have the stock bar).. look directly above the drop links at the bottom of the trunk. You'll see small round dents. Promise.

B
seanery
Is it worth sandwiching some high density foam between the bar and the trunk?
Brad Roberts
So the bar can bottom out sooner and spin your car out when it goes into bind ??

No. LOL

B
SirAndy
from what i can tell (and read) it's a REAL GT with documented racing history ...

60k Euro = $60k

not too bad smilie_pokal.gif

Andy
LvSteveH
Shouldn’t a “real GT” have the 100 Liter fuel tank which required the front to be cut, and some reinforcement for the front struts welded into the fender wells? I would think that the owner of such a car would know how much they are worth, but than again $60K is no drop in the bucket. Porsche did release a large number of GT conversion kits intended for racing so who knows.

confused24.gif
tryan
i need a third job. wink.gif

is that a bag of rat food in the front trunk pix? thanks for posting. itsaniceun.
GWN7
Looks nice. Add another 5k to ship it over and it still would still probably be cheaper to buy it than the one I found .
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Aug 29 2003, 03:10 PM)
Shouldn’t a “real GT” have the 100 Liter fuel tank which required the front to be cut, and some reinforcement for the front struts welded into the fender wells?

Nope. Not all of them had either one. Some people do indeed contend that "no 100L tank == not real GT", but Kerry Morse has documents of factory GT cars that only had the standard 60L tank. I recall a letter or sidebar or some such that he wrote to Panorama a couple of years ago on this subject.

--DD
LvSteveH
So….. if many of the GTs are simply regular cars that were retrofitted with the factory GT kit, then a GT is really only the sum if it's parts? That would make it difficult to put a price on a GT then wouldn’t it? Of course cars with well-documented racing history would be easier to verify and much more in demand I would think. Is there a way to track which GTs were actually factory cars as opposed to retrofits? Either way it’s interesting and it makes you wonder where you draw the line between being a GT a Clone or just a modified car. In a way, any well prepared race trim 914-6 could be considered a GT, at least in spirit.
Dave_Darling
Morse had a list of 17 (?) GTs that were converted by the factory. If this is one of those, it's worth more than an owner conversion. If it is a post-factory conversion, but has a real racing history, it's worth more than a run-of-the-mill conversion.

Conversions done using all real parts are worth something, but generally less than the sum of the parts. Just ask our own GT builder about how much the real parts cost nowadays... blink.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.