Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 rear caliper spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
michel richard
And the calipers, assembled.

I still need to get the seals and new spreader springs from Eric Shea, but this is beginning to look like proper calipers. Note that the bolts are the appropriate length,

Kargeek
Here is how I utilized 914-6 calipers with 911 caliper spacers and vented rear rotors. In addition to splitting the calipers and 911 caliper spacers, I used a spacer between the caliper mounting bolts. I also wanted to use the stock dust shields so a spacer was fabbed between the dust shield and mounting bracket. DH
Eric_Shea
Way ta go Michel smilie_pokal.gif

Kargeek (sorry no name in the sig)... I'm shocked that a spaced -6 caliper doesn't hit the arm with those spacers on the caliper ears. 914 calipers are usually so tight that customers have to take off the 10mm rear adjuster cap just to get the caliper to mount... ohmy.gif confused24.gif
Kargeek
[QUOTE]Kargeek (sorry no name in the sig)... I'm shocked that a spaced -6 caliper doesn't hit the arm with those spacers on the caliper ears. 914 calipers are usually so tight that customers have to take off the 10mm rear adjuster cap just to get the caliper to mount...

Eric, I did this conversion 18 years ago with NOS 6 calipers, swapmeet 911 calipers for spacers and a local porsche shop supplied me the mounting spacers. I don't remember a problem with clearance...I haven't had the car apart since. Dave Hall-aka, Kargeek.
Eric_Shea
Dave... amazing. I can see the picture so I'z gots ta believe it.
michel richard
QUOTE (Kargeek @ Jan 31 2006, 07:55 PM)

Eric, I did this conversion 18 years ago with NOS 6 calipers, swapmeet 911 calipers for spacers and a local porsche shop supplied me the mounting spacers. I don't remember a problem with clearance...I haven't had the car apart since. Dave Hall-aka, Kargeek.

Pretty clean, for something that was done 18 years ago !
rickyhgarcia
Michel,

Check EricĀ“s work on my set of 914-6 GT rear calipers:

914-6 GT Rear Calipers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.