Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: aluminum intermediate plate......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
degreeoff
well I bought one on evilbay to aid in my high hp 6 conversion....it has a hole tapped in the side...it is a weltmeister...is that for the 6 bellcrank....please please please tell me it is...but the truth...lol

thanks

Josh
North Bay 914
Yes, and good luck gathering up all the correct parts for it. I just bought one of the last original bellcranks at the gearbox from PORSCHE, $160.00 for one. Not the same as 911.
degreeoff
cool beans...I already have the bellcrank AND the rod so I am good...just no bracket and then WAM!! $356 for a new interplate on evilbay...schweet!!.

Just need a nice LSD and I am good to go.

Thanks
North Bay 914
Bolt for reverse lever, 914.301.307.00

Reverse lever, 914.423.025.01

BUshings, 2 ea required, 914.423.211.00

Throttle linkage, (same as 911) 901.423.026.03

Cotter pin.

2 each washers.
North Bay 914
You need the bolt. It is still available from PORSCHE as well I believe.
North Bay 914
I am trying to find out a rumor I heard a couple of days ago, that the 901 LSD needs a specific type of outdrive, so I checked out the part number using the book, and it does show a different part number for the LSD outdrives. Just more money. No big deal....Right. I think they are slightly longer.
brp914
dont know if its true but another member here came up nla on intermediate plate bearings. If so, it wouldn't be the first time. about 10 yrs ago I had the same problem and when they came back I got an extra set. I'm not anxious to sell, btw. I'm tempted to think that cv's will come back. Who or how can we pressure mfr's to crank out more? can we organize a group buy? just wondering.
sixnotfour
You may want to compare pricing, I think by time you rebuild the ZF if its the old style with male splines and buy the out flanges you could buy a new 914 Gaurd LSD that uses easy to get 914 out stubs.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (North Bay 914 @ Jan 17 2006, 07:27 PM)
I am trying to find out a rumor I heard a couple of days ago, that the 901 LSD needs a specific type of outdrive, so I checked out the part number using the book, and it does show a different part number for the LSD outdrives. Just more money. No big deal....Right. I think they are slightly longer.

I think I read that too. Expand on your post. What LSD do you have? I think I'll start a post....
Aaron Cox
i got the pivot bolt if ya need it....

i have a few 911 pivots also... seen them unwelded and rewelded up like a 6
brant
Aaron, how much you want for a 911 pivot (bellcrank)
I need an extra for a different long term project.

Isn't installation, bearings, and shimming the differential going to cost an absolute fortune. (I'm guessing 2k with diff)

Wouldn't it be cheaper to bolt on a different type of bellcrank and avoid all of the diff labor? (assuming you can be satisfied with an open diff for anything but full race)

brant
kdfoust
My p-car mechanic quoted "right at $1000" to properly install an LSD in my 944S2. I understood that to mean: remove tranny, open, inspect, replace stuff as needed (I doubt if there's anything to replace on this particular tranny), install LSD, shimming and check clearance on R&P, put everything back in car. I seem to remember two to three days in his shop as the time window needed.

I guess I'm going to find out directly for sure because I've got a ZF to install now and it going into that car in FEB.

beer.gif Heh, it's only money...

Later,
Kevin
r_towle
I am not sure if there is a stock price for this work.

BUT, I would assume the better part of a day to do the job correctly.

You have to install the shims and measure, then open it all back up again...install more shims etc...It is very time consuming, and the person must have the correct porsche tool to measure the R&P movement (I am sure someone else makes a tool, still gotta have a tool)

If shop rate for a good mechanic that knows how to do this is 100/hr, its close to 1k...and that is if you have all the parts right there, gaskets and all.

There is a guy here on the East Coast (I wanna say Gary Fairbanks, but I may be wrong with that name)
Anyways, you ship it to him, he does the work, and ships it back pretty quick..you get it back in a day or two, all set up. The local porsche shop even uses him, cause its his specialty, and his price seems to be what you would pay anywhere, but he does porsche trannies more than anyone else..

Rich
bondo
QUOTE (r_towle @ Jan 18 2006, 07:55 AM)
I am not sure if there is a stock price for this work.

BUT, I would assume the better part of a day to do the job correctly.

You have to install the shims and measure, then open it all back up again...install more shims etc...It is very time consuming, and the person must have the correct porsche tool to measure the R&P movement (I am sure someone else makes a tool, still gotta have a tool)

If shop rate for a good mechanic that knows how to do this is 100/hr, its close to 1k...and that is if you have all the parts right there, gaskets and all.

There is a guy here on the East Coast (I wanna say Gary Fairbanks, but I may be wrong with that name)
Anyways, you ship it to him, he does the work, and ships it back pretty quick..you get it back in a day or two, all set up. The local porsche shop even uses him, cause its his specialty, and his price seems to be what you would pay anywhere, but he does porsche trannies more than anyone else..

Rich

It's not QUITE that complicated, the number etched on the pinion and the info in the factory manual gives you the shim thickness, and ideally that gets it into the range where you use the tool to find the correct thickness of gaskets to use to fine tune. In a perfect world you'll only have to assemble the gear stack once. You probably will have to re-shim the diff carrier a few times though.
Dr Evil
Here are some bell crank shots to help you out.
Dr Evil
The parts are cheap and available from some of the vendors in the resources section, too. I just used a regular stud with a drilled hole.
db9146
Anybody know of another source for an intermediate plate? Ole Josh here was willing to pay a little more than me on this one.

Thanks
degreeoff
That was too much??....The cheapest I have seen new ( which this was/is ) is at performance products and its high $400's there.

Thanks for the pict's evil, I have seen so many rigs its tough to know.

Josh
xitspd
Heres a shot of my Performance Products unit after I had it anodized..... If I could do it again, I would have used some kind of coating on the end cap.... Corroded magnesium is butt ugly bootyshake.gif
r_towle
thats just mean showing a motor that clean...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.