Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holley Pro-jection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
Anyone have any hands on experience with ther Holley pro-jection system, 2d or 4d? Thinking of putting FI on the 327 and was looking for feedback.
bondo
I have a 2D on my mustang with a 302. I hate it. It's an older one with no load sensing. If it had a MAP sensor it'd probably work much better. Andyrew says his has a MAP sensor, but I don't know what model he has.
1bad914
It's between the Holley 2d/4d or a stock TBI setup from a late 80's SBC. The 4D has all the bells and whistles, but is much more costly. Typical 914 CSOB syndrome. biggrin.gif
boxstr
I have the 2D on a 305 Chev in a 914 and it works perfect.
CCLINHOLLEYHEAVEN
1bad914
What kind of HP is the 305 producing? I guesstimate my 327 at just below 300.
Dr. Roger
Andyrew is also running the Holley pro-jection i think ....
Andyrew
Im using pro jection... Its almost like a standalone unit.

Im not good enough to tune it though, and Havent put the other things on to have it tuned by a dyno.

If it had an "autotune" then it would run like a new car...

Its got 2 temp sensors, a map sensor, TPS, O2 sensor, Electronic dizzy programabiliy, Temperature compensation, knock sensor, voltage, oil pressure, you name it...

Andrew
Mueller
i'd Megasquirt it smile.gif

tons of Chevy guys on the MSEFI.com forums, tuned port to holley prection type setups.....

tesserra
I have the Holley 2d. I would not do it again.
I have a lot of "tip in" throttle issues that are hard to tune out.
I looked on e-bay before and got a bunch of info on a guy that uses a stock bases tbi system with a distributor control and tweaks it to your specs. It was about $300 more than the 2d, but in the long run it would be cheaper and all his parts could be replace with stock GM units in case of a break down.
I do not have the o2 senser on my 2d system and I understand that that could help, but it only tweaks the program very little, and it was about $200.
The bottom line is the 2d is, for the most part, RPM and temp sensitive only.

Check on four wheeler forums, they use efi conversions because of the wierd position/float bowl situations they get into. You will find a lot of info there.

George
motorhead
A friend of mine is runnng one on his 41 willys rock crawler. Lots of little problems, but he seems to have gotten it tuned pretty well now.
Maltese Falcon
I use the 4D on the 350 LT1 in this VW Transporter. It is ez to tune (by the book).
I do suggest using a fuel pump kill, as the Holley "Clear/ flood" mode on the TPI is finicky and doesn't always allow good hot restarts. A momentary switch as stated eliminates that problem. It was priced about equal to a 750 cfm 4bbl Holley, and fell right on top of the Edelbrock Vic-jr. manifold biggrin.gif
I'm also using the Bosch fuel inj. pump instead of the Holley unit. The tech advised that the Holleys would cause erratic running in time.
r_towle
I like the 3d better...its looks more realisitc and I feel like I am almost part of the scene.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Rand
ohmy.gif Whoah baby. Cannot resist the hijack... Marty, do you have a link to a web page or more photos or anything on that Transporter? Cool.
r_towle
hijacked.gif
snflupigus
I used to do a lot with gm throttle body injection... (on a third generation camaro)

Here is a quick gist of what you can now do with one of the cheapest most reliable fuel injection you could put on a car.

http://thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthread.php...t=&pagenumber=1

When these guys started out on those boards i knew more than they did.... now they've written software and designed circuits to completely redefine and recreate throttle body injection into a cheap feasible diy efi. with readily available parts everywhere.

btw, i'm told thirdgen.org is now the largest enthusiast website on the internet... and its 100% tech with no OT
Maltese Falcon
Rand, here's another. I need to scan all of my German8ter build pictures and post them . Do you think that the OT Patrol will be offended by this non-914 content ?
Now back to topic Holley Projection Pleeze wacko.gif
r_towle
possible 914 system there?
Rand
Martin: I love it! Yes, fire up the scanner... Pleeeeze start an OT thread on that German8ter beast some day soon!!! It's a moral imperative. smilie_pokal.gif

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
bondo
QUOTE (Rand @ Jan 18 2006, 10:00 PM)
Martin: I love it! Yes, fire up the scanner... Pleeeeze start an OT thread on that German8ter beast some day soon!!! It's a moral imperative. smilie_pokal.gif

agree.gif

And if you were wondering where to start.. may I suggest the water pump? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.