Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-jet 4 bolt intake question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
This is a "'73 1.7L L-jet setup" i'm considering buying. I see a 4 bolt pattern, however my carbed 2.0 has a 3 bolt pattern. Can these injection runners be drilled to fit my heads?

Thanks
yarin
my present setup

were these weber bases drilled for a 3 bolt intake or did they come with a total of 5 holes?
ClayPerrine
The manifolds under the carbs came with both sets of holes.

As for the fuel injection, that is not a L-jet system, it's a d-jet system. It looks like a 1.7, which will be a bit small for a 2.0. You should get a 2.0 system for best stock performance.
r_towle
1.7 liter only had d-jet.

it looks like it could be d-jet, but I cant see all the parts from that pic.

If its ljet, just drill out the manifold for the three bolt head pattern, it will be fine.

Rich
rhodyguy
yep. one size fits all on that design for the carb intakes. i wonder what the little electrical connection on the runner is for? unsure.gif

k
yarin
QUOTE (r_towle @ Jan 18 2006, 10:29 AM)
1.7 liter only had d-jet.

it looks like it could be d-jet, but I cant see all the parts from that pic.

If its ljet, just drill out the manifold for the three bolt head pattern, it will be fine.

Rich

Yes you guys are correct. It is a D-jet system, my mistake.

I'm building a megasquirt system and want to use some stock components for now just to get things going. So will this stock D-jet 1.7 setup bolt to my 2.0 heads assuming i drill an extra hole in the middle?

I will be using the following stock components:

runners, injectors, fuel rail, intake plenum, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator

I've read that stock 1.7 injectors work much better than 2.0 injectors due to minimum pulse width limitations on the 2.0s. 1.7 injectors certainly flow enough for a slightly modified 2.0.

Thanks!
r_towle
yes it will work.

I would however question the size of the plenum and intake runners for a 2.0 liter...

Rich
yarin
Is there a big difference between the 1.7 and 2.0 runner diameter and plenum volume?

I'll be using some stock throttle body and K&N filter.

I had planned on building a complete intake/injection/fuel system from scratch but I won't be able to start on that till summer.

There was a link someone posted of a modified intake plenum they used, i can't find the link now. He cut off the end and bolted another throttle body to it. The pics had a tail light lens in them, and a bunch of parts on a table. i searched and searched, anyone have the link?
lapuwali
The main difference for your purposes is the size of the plenum and runners. The 1.7 injectors are, indeed, a better choice for aftermarket PEFI, but the 2.0 runners are a bit bigger, and the plenum is MUCH bigger, than the same parts on the 1.7. The car would run, but you'd lose top-end power. 2.0 D-Jet setups are out there, keep looking. You can often buy the 1.7 injectors by themselves on Ebay.

Fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, runners, plenum, throttle body, air cleaner, and injectors are the minimum of what you need to do your own EFI setup. You can get injector connectors and plumbing from several sources.

btw, the 1.7 injectors flow enough for a heavily modified 2.0, not just a slightly modified one. They'll support 160hp or so.
r_towle
which parts do you need.

I probably have the runners and plenum from a 2.0 liter djet.

You wont need the brain or MPS...

Injectors, I wont have any good ones...

Throttle bodies that I have need lots of work, but could be salvaged...

Rich
yarin
QUOTE (r_towle @ Jan 18 2006, 10:49 AM)
which parts do you need.

I probably have the runners and plenum from a 2.0 liter djet.

You wont need the brain or MPS...

Injectors, I wont have any good ones...

Throttle bodies that I have need lots of work, but could be salvaged...

Rich

OK.

Sounds like 1.7 injectors and 2.0 plenum and runners are the way to go for now.

So i'm looking for 1.7 injectors and 2.0 plenum and runners, fuel pump, fuel rail, pressure regulator.

I don't want to use a stock throttle body, i'll find something from volvo or elsewhere.

The rest of the parts i can find GM OEM like the TPS, Fidle solenoid or GM IAC, air temp sensor, then Wideband.
r_towle
I have all of that except the injectors..

I have the runners, plenum, fuel rail, etc.

Get a new fuel pump, mine are old and old.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.