Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Options??? 4-lug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
19144jt
What are my options...

I know about the 2.0 wheel and the Riviera. What else is there?

Thanks, John
TROJANMAN
a few more than that. have you tried doing a search on this site?
Aaron Cox
OEM or factory options
fuchs
mahles
pedrinis
steelies (early and late)

aftermarket
centerline
empi 8 spoke
riviera's
formula vee's
westerns
randars
raiders
minilights wub.gif

i know im missing a bunch....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 18 2006, 06:02 PM)
OEM or factory options
fuchs
mahles
pedrinis
steelies (early and late)

aftermarket
centerline
empi 8 spoke
riviera's
formula vee's
westerns
randars
raiders
minilights wub.gif

i know im missing a bunch....

addendum

revolution 17's
revolution 5 spokes
revolution 8 spokes....
Mueller
4 lug wheel thread discussion

there are factory Mahles and factory Pedrinis....these are the same size as the 4-lug Fuchs

after that, you go with the cheap 8-spoke Empi knockoffs or the vw bug rivieras or western rims or 4 spoke American Racing(?)or spend the money and get new wheels such as those posted on the thread link above....

supposedly there will be a proper fitting 15x6 rim being brought in from Australia, but from the one picture I saw of them installed on the front of a 914, the rears fitment looks questionable to me....
DNHunt
I've got 4 Panasport 15 X 6 for AX tires.

Dave
Mueller
forget checking out Tire Rack (actually they might sell the Revolutions still, they did for a while)...or any other of the usual wheel/tire shops, they won't have a listing or will try to sell you VW Bug rims........

for aftermarket rims, "most" people installed the VW offset rims, cheap and easy, but they limit the tire width (in the rear) that one can mount...not a problem 30 years ago when everyone had skinny tires smile.gif

for bone stock fenders, the general rule is no wider than a 7" rim with a 205mm tire....of course offset of the rim greatly affects these numbers.......

jhadler
Off-the-shelf new wheels won't work, nobody makes a 4x130 bolt pattern anymore.

If you don't get a set of older wheels (Fuchs, Mahles, Pedrini's etc), then you'll want to look towards custom wheels. If you want it on the cheap, a company like Diamond Raicng Wheels makes good, cheap wheels in nearly any size, and offset you want. If you want lighter, the next step is likely to be something like Circle Wheels. After that, custom Panasports, Revolutions, Weld, Real, CCW, Fikse and so forth will wind up running you at LEAST $1k for a set, if not much more.

As for what will fit? Nearly anything under 8" wide can fit up front, lots of room there. In the rear, you're limited. A 7" wheel with jsut the right backspacing will fit, but it'll be snug. And not all cars were built the same. They were handbuilt remember? So while a 205.60-15 may fit back there on a Fuchs on one car, it may not on another. I managed to shoehorn 225/55-14's under the stock fenders on 14x6's a number of years ago. Not ideal, but it worked...

-Josh2
TravisNeff
Enkei's, but these have a bug offset. With a 205x55 tire, a lot of pulling on the fender to get them to fit with lots of neg camber too.
bernbomb914
ATS made in gernany still in production look on internet under ATS wheels
Bernie
Foster
Slight hijacked.gif

What size tire have you guys with bug offset Rivies been able to fit under your stock fenders?
mrobin
I have 195/65/15 on my riveria's and they just barely make it in the rear.
Foster
Thanks, I've got two sets of Rivies and will probably use those (if I ever figure out how to remove those damn jackstands!!) until I can find a set of rims I really like.
Cap'n Krusty
American mags. Best looking wheel to ever be fitted to a 914, IMO. The Cap'n
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 19 2006, 06:18 PM)
American mags. Best looking wheel to ever be fitted to a 914, IMO. The Cap'n

5 lug or 4 lug?

the american racing "lemans/libres" are cool looking....

the 5 lug daisy's are cool, along with the 5 lug torque thrust
Howard
I like 'em, too, if these are the ones you mean. PO gave me a set when I bought car. Use them for my street tires. But these are VW offset, so 195/65 max.
Markeydoo
I also would like to find a 17" or 18" rim that would fit stock fenders. What would the offset be for a stock fender set up?
What is the max width for the front and back tire size with stock fenders.
Thanks
Mark

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Markeydoo @ Jan 19 2006, 06:44 PM)
I also would like to find a 17" or 18" rim that would fit stock fenders. What would the offset be for a stock fender set up?
What is the max width for the front and back tire size with stock fenders.
Thanks
Mark

i think 17x7 with 36mm offset is what the revolutions are... and they are close.

7" fuchs are a 23mm offset IIRC...

so a 36 puts it closer to the center....
andys
These are MOMO's. Do they still make them?

Andys
Markeydoo
Aaron
Will 7" work for the front and back? Is there a local dealer or person that sells that size wheel for 4 lug?
Thanks
GBallantine
Does anyone have a set of 15 x 6 or x 7 for sale?

GB
Mueller
QUOTE (Markeydoo @ Jan 20 2006, 10:59 AM)
Aaron
Will 7" work for the front and back? Is there a local dealer or person that sells that size wheel for 4 lug?
Thanks

Revolution wheels

they have a new US distributor, I guess Tom and his wife from ttrsracing.com that used to import them has decided to retire sad.gif great person to chat with.....

I have 17x7 (35mm offset) with 205/45/17's on my car.... the Revolutions have some pros and cons to them......

Pros: Brand new rim that has not be beaten on for 30 years like the factory rims

Cons: pretty heavy at 23 pounds each, however, no worries about bending them with such a light car

A 7" rim with a 205 width tire is a safe choice on the rear of the 914s, the Porsche factory played a cruel joke on us since it's easier to run an 8" rim with 225's on the front headbang.gif

All in a all, a 205 on a 7" wide rim is a great setup for most 914's unless you seriously race or have 400+ hp smile.gif

user posted image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.