Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I seem to have an oil leak here..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
OK, looks like my conversion /6 has a fairly good size oil leak coming from this area... (see Pic)
It seems like it's from the bottom of the square "block" that the sender is mounted into. (Upper Left corner of this pic) this is not my picture btw, just a random 911 engine.. I can actually clock the thing a little as if it isn't tight enough, perhaps it isn't. Is there a seal or washer I may need to replace? This thing's gonna be hard to see while R&R-ing.

Doug C
Jeroen
If I'm not mistaken, that's the oil pressure sender (pic is a little bit too close up for me)
And you also just posted you had oil pressure issues...
DougC
Yes Jeroen, you're right. But the previous issues (pressure gauge reading) has cleared itself up. This leak I'll try to fix this weekend but really just wondering if there are some kind of seals in this area or washers or what, to fix it. Like I said it feels like it's not completely snug to the case. I can turn it clockwise a bit.

Doug C

Root_Werks
There are a couple of different fittings for earlier or later engines as well. Depth of the threads. I have installed some that have been too long by a paper width not snugging down on the copper ring enough causing a leak. At least you know where your leak is. That's half the battle in fixing it.
DougC
Guess I need to pick up a couple of copper rings wink.gif

Doug C
alpha434
I don't see any oil? confused24.gif

J/k. Pull it out andcheck the ID threads. If it feels like it wont snug down, then who know- it might not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.