Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I went to Barrett Jackson today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
MoveQik
QUOTE (736conver @ Jan 20 2006, 03:34 PM)
No teeners there??

Not one. dry.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jan 20 2006, 03:23 PM)
Every person that walked by had to mention that this is the car that Steve McQueen crashed in.

Steve McQueen?
MoveQik
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Jan 20 2006, 03:46 PM)
Every person that walked by had to mention that this is the car that Steve McQueen crashed in.

Steve McQueen?

Not a big fan of his other than I know Sheryl Crow sings about him. Did I get that wrong?
BMartin914
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jan 20 2006, 03:48 PM)

Steve McQueen?

Not a big fan of his other than I know Sheryl Crow sings about him. Did I get that wrong?

James Dean confused24.gif cool_shades.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Jan 20 2006, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jan 20 2006, 03:48 PM)

Steve McQueen?

James Dean confused24.gif cool_shades.gif

Oh yeah. That's it. My bad. screwy.gif

I fixed it.
KaptKaos
Yeah, James Dean and great pictures BTW smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Britain Smith
I know this is ugly, but what is in front of the engine?

user posted image
914MF
Its a blower. mueba.gif
seanery
looks like a bizzare supercharger.
Gint
I have to go to a Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction one of these years. I swap with someone for on call week so I can sit around and watch the coverage on Speed. I usually get to see 80% of it.

Thanks for the pics Mike!
rhodyguy
that future liner would be big fun to drive around. what make was the jewel of the auction? hard to imagine it bringing more than that olds/buick(?) that's headed for colorado. lets see if the guy that won that olds/buick starts telling everyone "that car is mine!!. bring it on!!".

k
TROJANMAN
The life of a Realtor............ pray.gif

how many cars did you order? biggrin.gif
messix
QUOTE (Britain Smith @ Jan 20 2006, 05:05 PM)
I know this is ugly, but what is in front of the engine?

user posted image

its a roots supercharger. back in the day it was common to see them mounted like this. coupled right off of the crank. streamliners and speed record cars ran them this way to keep the package low profile.
MoveQik
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jan 20 2006, 04:20 PM)
The life of a Realtor............ pray.gif

how many cars did you order? biggrin.gif

Call me on the weekend when you are at home and I am out driving a family of 6 around showing them houses all day.... headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
Allan
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 20 2006, 04:14 PM)
that future liner would be big fun to drive around.

agree.gif That would be so cool to do a cross country trip in...
plas76targa
Michael, Thanks for sharing those photo's with us. Wow, plenty of fine looking automobiles!
Jeroen
cool pics! thanks for sharing!
Carl
Great photos. Thanks for posting.
Lou W
Great pictures smilie_pokal.gif
Seagrave
Thanks for sharing your photos Mike. It's nice to see things other than Porsches all the time. Some big money down there now. I watched on SPEED for a little while last night and saw a 57 Bel Air ragtop go for $105K. Wouldn't it be fun to have that much discretionary cash?
carreraguy
Nice pics! Thanks!
Lots like it's mainly an American show - surprised there was not more German and Italian "trash"!
edwardb33
Nice pictures of some interesting machines. Barrett Jackson is very funny, last year I saw some guy pay 2 million dollars for an Osmobile prototype. I figure that would buy about 50 914/6's
dan10101
Actually it was 3 million. But who's counting.. rolleyes.gif

He did it to become a celebrity I'm sure. It worked. Now everyone in the world thinks he's bonkers. The funny thing is, someone else bid against him up til about 2.7mil. He jumped the final bid 300,000.

rhodyguy
he was caught in the classic "don't chase the bid syndrome". appearently he had enough and turned the tables. i guess he showed the guy he was in the bidding war with, a $300k move. screwy.gif only added what? $24k to the buyer's premium. huh.gif

k
richardmosselman
There's a show on SPEED-behind the scenes @ B-Jackson. The Ferrari clad guy is apparently the buyer for a new museum in Colorado. The other bidder had actually stopped bidding way earlier but Ferrari guy egged him on so much that he got P-Oed and jumped back in. Ferrari guy could have got it for way less-his bosses must not be too happy! spank.gif
DonTraver
Nice pics, thanks, Later, Don
snflupigus
i went last year.... for some reason i didnt feel like going this year... it was cool last year but being too poor to even consider most of the cars.... i got depressed. and there were TOO many people the day i went.

btw, southwest airlines.... phx to denver is 49 each way + tax. buy your ticket for next year! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.