Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is it the relay?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
Well I still can't get my low beams to work.

Is the silver box in this picture(not my pic) the low/high relay?
Could a faulty one be causing my problems?
Everything works correctly except low beams....
SLITS
No it isn't....It's the silver thingy with the red lettering in the lower right hand corner.

And possibly it could (that's what the source of my high beam problem was)
Hammy
sorry i didn't notice the arrow in the pic biggrin.gif (borrowed it from another thread) That's the box i meant.

What was your high beam problem?
SLITS
click for hi and the lights would go out..........
94teener
Yes, the lower RH side silver relay is the high-low dimmer relay and it is correctly wired (as shown in the picture.) Either you have a bad relay or your Hi-Lo dimmer switch on the steering column is defective. I would bet on the latter.

Phil
solex
Yes it is the silver relay that controls the high and low beams (there is a thread on this). You can try to take it apart and clean the contacts. I recently did this but it turned out the be a problem with the relay.

I noticed that if I held the relay in different positions the hi/low beams would work, I replaced the relay and now I do not have a problem.

I tried replacing it with a new one but it seems that the new ones do not work, I got a used one with 5 leads two of the leads need to connected for a car w/o driving lights, check my thread on this.

Dan
Hammy
QUOTE (94teener @ Jan 20 2006, 06:03 PM)
or your Hi-Lo dimmer switch on the steering column is defective. I would bet on the latter.

Where exactly is this...?

Dan-thanks, I'll check your thread. smile.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Hammy @ Jan 20 2006, 08:20 PM)
or your Hi-Lo dimmer switch on the steering column is defective. I would bet on the latter.

The black thingy you pull on to make it go click click click and change from hi to lo to hi. biggrin.gif
Hammy
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 20 2006, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (Hammy @ Jan 20 2006, 08:20 PM)

The black thingy you pull on to make it go click click click and change from hi to lo to hi. biggrin.gif

Ah.
Well everything was working fine, including low and high beams, until I screwed with the wiring. mad.gif
SLITS
If it works keep fixing it until it doesn't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.