Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will these work? 4 lug to 5 lug?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brotherbob
Fellow Teeners I grabbed these up over the weekend in a massive parts buy. One of those all or nothing deals.
? Will these fit the front of my 4 lug teener by simply using the entire assy? They are kinda nasty so I didnt find a part number but one is in the parts vat now.....
I have absolutely no idea about the conversion but thought these might get me there? I bought a bunch of wheels and stuff this weekend .
I have been digging through boxes all night. lots of type 1 and 2 parts some P-car too.
Wasnt ready to start the 4 to 5 lug deal, but one of those deals where you get it while the gettin' is good.
givemebeer.gif
Brotherbob
inside
Aaron Cox
simply NO

not without using 911 struts....

Jeroen
you also need to check if they are early or late 911 hubs
Brotherbob
Party pooper! biggrin.gif
So I guess they are 911? Didnt I see someone grinding the outside edge to fit ? 911 hummm, I grabbed the spindles too?
So what parts does a fella look for ? Just 5 lug 914? Or are there some options....
Mueller
if you have the struts that match the hubs, then they'll fit the a-arms of the 914....depending on the year, you might have to buy new ball joints....(one style uses a pin, the other style used a bolt)

are those vented or solid?

you'll need the brakes from the same assembly......
Mueller
QUOTE (Brotherbob @ Jan 23 2006, 04:14 PM)
Party pooper! biggrin.gif
So I guess they are 911? Didnt I see someone grinding the outside edge to fit ? 911 hummm, I grabbed the spindles too?
So what parts does a fella look for ? Just 5 lug 914? Or are there some options....

ignore the "grinding" post....he was mixing parts that are not designed to be matched up......his setup "should" work, but there are better ways to do it (just use stock components that bolt together)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.