Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robby750
I have been smelling fuel for a while now and finally decided to pull the fuel tank after pinpointing the source somewhere above pedal cluster. It was a lot easier than I expected and did it without an assistant. Ran the tank very low and then siphoned off the last 2 gallons (gasoline tastes terrible). Found the leak at the fuel filter line or maybe the filter itself. While I'm in there I will replace all the windshield washer lines which have leaked since I've owned the car. Also, the drain hoses from the fresh air box were full of holes and I have enough left over from a roll I bought from Pelican that I needed for the engine drain tray. Here are some pics:
robby750
Got these Rhino Ramps at Sears the other day. Very handy!
robby750
Here is the drain hose.
robby750
And the new one.
robby750
Garage artwork.
type47
next time you post a pix, would you mind putting the hood down? rolleyes.gif
type47
whoa, posted too quick....
Allan
QUOTE (robby750 @ Jan 23 2006, 05:21 PM)
Also, the drain hoses from the fresh air box were full of holes and I have enough left over from a roll I bought from Pelican that I needed for the engine drain tray.

Pelican sells that hose in a roll?

I gotta ask more questions the next time I talk to Glen... headbang.gif
robby750
Yeah, I ordered some for the engine drain and it came in enough length to do everything. Price wasn't too bad as I recall. It's silver colored instead of black though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.