Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bad Car Karma Strikes Again!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Brando
Sorry about your car toasty sad.gif

If you need hands or help let me know.
wbergtho
Sorry to see that happen to you! That car looks like a real nice one. Why couldn't he have backed into a Humvee or an Escalade? Good luck getting it straight again. It looks to be a pretty easy fix. At least it all happened at a slow speed...otherwise I'd hate to open my eyes and see what might have been. I have a garage full of 914 parts, including a nice hood. Let me know if I can help?

Best of luck,

Bill

Dr. Roger
Ms. Toast,

Sorry to hear 'bout your baby.

Im very glad that your OK. smilie_pokal.gif

If anyone can help with the insurance issues, the people here can. cool.gif

i took the advice of the gang and got stated value full coverage on mine. my insurance lady wanted to see pics of Bebe so i sent her the URL of my progress thread. laugh.gif
Carlitos Way
Hang in there!

Remember that, except for urned toast, it's always darkest just before dawn. Things are going to change soon.

But for future reference, stop breaking mirrors!
jim_hoyland
Sorry to hear; glad you are ok ! Can't tell you how close I come to getting whacked on a regular basis. Installed those ear splitting air horns for possible back-in and call-phone lane changes.

Jim
Toast
Thanks guys for all of your support and concern!

No, a police report was not filed. I have had very bad experiences with the Riverside police dept about them taking my info, and then turning what I told them around and blaming me for the accident. I did not want them involved at all!

Things went real smoothly between the other party and I. For a change, I actually feel that things will turn out just fine with this one.

And if it comes down to the point that he denys fault and I get nothing, well, then I will just say (fill in your own word here) it and part out what I got and say "Hey, I got to own and drive a 914!" (That is of course until the addicition takes over and I end up getting another one. happy11.gif )

Now comes the hard decision......do I drive the wrecked 914 or the wrecked truck as my daily driver. dry.gif
SLITS
echo....................
dlo914
QUOTE (Brando @ Jan 25 2006, 04:55 PM)
Sorry about your car toasty sad.gif

If you need hands or help let me know.

im in to lend a hand... icon_bump.gif
Toast
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 25 2006, 09:19 PM)
echo....................

slap.gif

KMA.gif
VegasRacer
Ouch. That sucks Toast. Sorry to hear about your teener.
I am glad you are OK and the car is not worse.
Don't worry. Those SoCal boys can fix you up in no time.
Dr Evil
What is it about Cali? I counted up 8 times that my vehicles, and at times my person, came incontact with other peoples via their fault dry.gif when I lived there. As for the cops, they wouldn't come out in SD unless someone was injured.

Sorry about your car, Hun. Don't give up. This same thing happend to Jonnyx and he had his fixed no prob. I am deffinetly putting air horns into my car. I can't just fix it out here.
Joe Bob
First off....ALWAYS figure that the Insurance company is going to try and fuck you.....

Start collecting high dollar ads for every 914 you see for your year.....get a PCA evaluation...if not a member find someone who is and get it....check out Bruce Anderson's Excellence Magazine evaluations.....FIND a receipt from a friendly paint shop.....

Talk to the adjuster...only go to ONE shop of YOUR choice and get an estimate...you DO NOT HAVE TO GO TO ANY OTHER SHOP.

If they want to total it, do it with YOUR price, with a written buy back guarantee WITHOUT a salvage title.....if they don't tell them to Fuck Off and that your are going to call the State Insurance Commissioner and tell them that they were trying to screw a girl....
Joe Bob
Oh yeah....wear that pushup bra you have....it won't help...but I wanna see pics of that....

Gud luk.... mueba.gif
SharonG
Yeah! What Z said! (except the pushup bra part - don't need to see that)

Sorry about your car, Melba... I'll send positive brainwaves in your direction in hopes they'll hit the insurance people upside the head and you'll get this resolved to your advantage. If they won't cooperate, you have many friends who may be persuaded to ar15.gif them for you. (and if the MAN is reading this, I'm not "suggesting" anything, just throwing out random unsuggestive thoughts)
rick 918-S
I agree with "Z" and Sharon. Accept about the Adjuster's intensions part, or the threats of legal action, or the gun part!, ohmy.gif save that for later, and the fashion undergarment part, We wouldn't edit your photo but.... on second thought.... idea.gif if you could talk my wife into wearing.... sad.gif never mind! happy11.gif
VegasRacer
wavey.gif
Toast
Owwwaa. wub.gif Thanks for the picture John!

UPDATE.

Spoke with the insurance company. Apparently they currently do not have an offer yet because the "adjuster has not been able to find parts." happy11.gif
Well, I did try to talk to her about the parts the whole 3 minutes that she was there, but she just rolled her eyes at me. Acording to her, he job was to just take pictures and submit them. rolleyes.gif

I thought about calling the adjuster and telling her where she could find the parts (all except for the chrome bumper), but haven't decided wether to do that yet or not.

The insurance company did offer me a rental car. And the rental car angency has already contacted me. So I have that available if I want. Would probably be much better on gas than my truck.

Ok, that's all for now.
Brando
Any chance you can convince them my beater 914 is the one involved? I mean... for what they'll probably payout... I could make it worth your while if they do the repairs to that wub.gif lol2.gif
skline
I agree with * I wanna see the pictures too wub.gif
sixnotfour
email the "Money Shot" suppllied by john to her and a big sappy I miss my car letter followed by I would like to get this settled asap I will accept X $$$$ amount .
teary eye smily guy

Brando youll have lottsa money when you sell that nice 3.0
JohnM
I had someone back into mine, too. It can be fixed. Your accident looks like it did not move the light buckets as much as mine were moved, especially on the driver side (see attached pic). My lines where the fenders meet the trunk were still straight as yours look like they may be as well, so most frame damage is the front panel and maybe a bit on light buckets being pulled in/down. Have a good metal man do the work-- there is a lot that has to line up at the nose of our cars and it takes an artisan to do it right. The driver had AAA and they treated me fairly.

Good luck with your repairs, John
Howard
This all looks so familiar. Suzi before her free paint job. Needed frame pulled and doors realigned biggrin.gif
Toast
Thanks Johnny.

Howie,
Did they paint over the duct tape too? biggrin.gif
Trekkor
Sorry to see that damage sad.gif

Are you feeling any pain from the accident? It's been a few days now.

Any updates or plans?

If "they", total and settle, just make sure it's enough to cover good used parts and the paint to make it look right again.

Hope you can turn this around.

KT
Toast
Thanks trekkor. I'm doing fine physcially.

Insurance Co. wont return my calls. mad.gif So she is still sitting, hurting, with 1/2 tank of gas that she want to burn. sad.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Toast @ Jan 25 2006, 08:16 PM)
And if it comes down to the point that he denys fault and I get nothing, well, then I will just say (fill in your own word here) it and part out what I got and say "Hey, I got to own and drive a 914!"  (That is of course until the addicition takes over and I end up getting another one.  :evilgrin: )

You can have the second "chassis replacement" by club members! smilie_pokal.gif It was done for Jennyj's 914 up here a few years ago...

Glad you are unscathed...
Toast
SETTLED!

After more than three weeks of dealing with the insurance company, I finally agreed on a settlement. Yack.gif

1)$500 more than the estimate for repair at the body shop of My choice.
2) Compensation for alternate transportation.
4) Clean title, NO SALVAGE!

aktion035.gif

Ok baby, were gonna get ya fixed! wub.gif

Can't wait to drive her again! Funny thing I did yesterday was sit in the 914 and start her up and let idle while I sat in the seat pretending to drive. rolleyes.gif

Thanks everyone for all your help and support! smiley_notworthy.gif

GWN7
smilie_pokal.gif Yea biggrin.gif
LvSteveH
All is right with the world again smile.gif
VegasRacer
Ausgezeichnet. boldblue.gif
Let's have a party to celebrate. beerchug.gif aktion035.gif drunk.gif piratenanner.gif
How about the 18th at Joe's house? smoke.gif driving-girl.gif smilie_flagge24.gif user posted image
redshift
YAY TOASTER STRUDEL!

M
Toast
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Feb 9 2006, 04:10 PM)
Ausgezeichnet. boldblue.gif
Let's have a party to celebrate. beerchug.gif aktion035.gif drunk.gif piratenanner.gif
How about the 18th at Joe's house? smoke.gif driving-girl.gif smilie_flagge24.gif user posted image

laugh.gif

Sounds great! Hey lets invite people from other states too! party.gif
TravisNeff
piratenanner.gif
DonTraver
That is so cool, congrats, I'm happy for you. smilie_pokal.gif

Take Care, Don
Allan
Good news...
rhodyguy
good for you melba. smilie_pokal.gif .

k
Brando
Woohoo! Garrett's will do wonderful work.

How much of that goes into yer pocket? biggrin.gif
Toast
I aint tellin. happy11.gif :moneybagssmilie:
craig downs
Alright Toasty
Alot of people don't get a settement like that. Glad to see your car is going to get fixed.
This could be a turn around on your bad karma
smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif aktion035.gif rocking nana.gif
Gint
Nice goin. You got my email yes?
Toast
Si. Thanks.
SharonG
Yay!!! clap56.gif

This happy dance is for you, Melba...
dancinnanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.