Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bad Car Karma Strikes Again!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Toast
*Sigh* sad.gif
Toast
sad.gif
Toast
Guilty party
Aaron Cox
its fixable....

your fault? or theirs?

hope your OK
olav

Man, that sucks!

Hope you're ok though.
Allan
YIKES!!!!

He back into you?
Toast
I'm fine. Was other parties fault. Was behind him at stop sign and he decided to back up. huh.gif screwy.gif

He was cool about it and admited fault. Gave me all of his personal and insurance info without problem.

Now, try to tell the insurance company that. dry.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Toast @ Jan 25 2006, 09:48 AM)
I'm fine. Was other parties fault. Was behind him at stop sign and he decided to back up. huh.gif screwy.gif

He was cool about it and admited fault. Gave me all of his personal and insurance info without problem.

Now, try to tell the insurance company that. dry.gif

you win then.

no sweat toasty, itll be good as new.
ron prolly has new hoods and bumpers etc.

dont sweat it. smile.gif

bummer tho sad.gif
rhodyguy
bummer, sorry too see that sad.gif . you can make money on this one when the insurance adj starts the parts tally. genuine p parts only. wait till he/she prices out a new bumper and hood. the boys down south should be able to set you up with everything you need wink.gif

k
dinomium
Glad you are ok, but you still need to get checked out. That same thing happend to my wife in a ferry lane. She got her car fixed (a beater SAAB). She saw it coming honked her horn, when impact came, she tensed up and tore a muscle in her neck!
Grimstead
I'm sorry Toast. sad.gif But it does look like a easier fix welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Toast
Yea, that's what I was thinking too.

But, I wonder if when they find out how much parts are if they wont just want to "total" it and just give me blue book value.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Toast @ Jan 25 2006, 09:55 AM)
Yea, that's what I was thinking too.

But, I wonder if when they find out how much parts are if they wont just want to "total" it and just give me blue book value.

thats when you show them fresh paint reciepts etc.

take their money, and go get er fixed biggrin.gif
Series9
Your SoCal boys will have that fixed in no time.
Ferg
sad.gif Man that sucks Toasted one. Glad your ok, hope the repair goes smooth.

not sure how it works in CA, but in CO the at fault has to pay for your rental car, and needs to be a comparable model? Maybe you can get a solstice or mustang vert while it's being repaired. wink.gif

Ferg
MoveQik
That sucks, Toast. Looks like you should come out ok....just a hassle.
Toast
I dont think I have the reciept for the paint on the 914. It was owned by someone else at the time I had Los Pancho do it. confused24.gif

dinomium,
My neck is still thrashed from the last accident 3 years ago. wacko.gif I dont think this one did any more damage. But.........I may be able to start seeing the chiropractor again if his insurance will pay for it. idea.gif
Toast
Question:

I have already contacted my insurance company about it.

Should I contact his insurance company also?
StratPlayer
I think your insurance company will contact his insurance company. Glad your ok, bummer on the car. Hoping it will be as good as new for the next RRC.
rhodyguy
if it goes this far, take the total settlement less the "how much will you give me and let me keep the car? because i'm losing alot of money!!!". i was about $700 short of a "total" when the 73' was stolen (according to the adj's value of the car). get everything in order, the recent excellence pricing guide, reciepts, can anybody down there give you a appraisal? predate it for right after the paint job... spiritedtriebor (jim) got lowballed on the first adj valuation when his 75' was totaled. he held his ground and did pretty well. but...i don't live in california, perhaps things work differently down there.

k
Howard
Easy fix on the car, just glad you're OK. Let the insurance company do it. These cars are invisible to high profile vehicles. I'm thinking about getting one of those dune buggy flags biggrin.gif

Call me, nitwit.
Toast
QUOTE (dinomium @ Jan 25 2006, 09:54 AM)
Glad you are ok, but you still need to get checked out. That same thing happend to my wife in a ferry lane. She got her car fixed (a beater SAAB). She saw it coming honked her horn, when impact came, she tensed up and tore a muscle in her neck!

Yea, tried honking the horn but...........the horn doesnt work. laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

Also tried throwing it in reverse, but it was too late.
rhodyguy
ah..the horn doesn't work NOW. it worked PRIOR to the incident wink.gif . he must not have heard you when you honked to alert him.

k
seanery
toast, what yellow is that? It's a beeyoooteeful color.
jhadler
Aw geez, that sucks!

Still, it doesn't look like too bad. I had a fair bit of experience in CA with getting insurance companies to pay off after their clients hitting my "invisible" 914... dry.gif DD, remember?

Anyway, the real trick is being super patient, and willing to tough it out. They will very likely want to total the car at first. You say "no". They cannot total the car without your permission, and their case file stays open so long as you don't accept what they're offering. And the longer the file is open, the more pressure on them there is to close it.

I had the fortune of having a secondary vehicle, so I wasn't stranded at the time. Pick the shop it goes to, make sure it's one you trust, as the car may be there a while if the insurance company drags their heels...

BTDT....

The worst one was when I was 5 days from moving back here to CO, I was saying goodbye to a friend at work, and someone came inside to say "does someone here own a grey porsche?". I said "yeah, do you need me to move it?". He said "No... I already did....". mad.gif I have to say, when I got outside to see the damage, I cracked up. I had JUST gotten the car back from the shop after someone -else- had smacked the car in a parking lot a month before. wacko.gif

From the pictures, it looks quite repairable. Definitely doccument as much as you can on the cars value, and any info you can gather on the recent paint job would be key...

Good luck!

-Josh2
KaptKaos
Aw Toast, that sucks. Glad you are ok tho.
Toast
It's still driveable clap56.gif and I have two other vehicles.
So I dont think his insurance would be willing to give me a rental.

ah..the horn doesn't work NOW. it worked PRIOR to the incident  . he must not have heard you when you honked to alert him.

k

Ah yes, that's right. I did tell him I tried honking at him. happy11.gif

morph
mannn that blows.at least your ok & its the other guys fault,and its going to get fixed.
james
Toast
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 25 2006, 10:24 AM)

It's Corvet Yellow by Los Panchos. wub.gif
Aaron Cox
toast, i think i still have my Los Panchos reciept smile.gif
seanery
QUOTE (Toast @ Jan 25 2006, 01:16 PM)

Millenium Yellow from a C5 corvette?
Toast
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 25 2006, 11:17 AM)

I was just going to PM you about that. laugh.gif

We just need to change the color from Black to Yellow. wink.gif
mack914
I hope you filed an accident report or called the police to the scene to file a report. Reason? Same thing happened to my wife; they shared information, but the person who back into my wife changed story when she call their insurance company. Our insurance company had to pay for the repairs. sheeplove.gif Good luck.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Toast @ Jan 25 2006, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 25 2006, 11:17 AM)

I was just going to PM you about that. laugh.gif

We just need to change the color from Black to Yellow. wink.gif

now your paint cost more happy11.gif
Toast
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 25 2006, 11:23 AM)
QUOTE (Toast @ Jan 25 2006, 01:16 PM)

Millenium Yellow from a C5 corvette?

Dont know. confused24.gif
I just pointed at the color box and said "si senor." biggrin.gif
East coaster
Don't fret the car, it can be fixed.

Here's my nephews car when a similar thing happened. I managed to pull everything out with a porta-power and a days worth of hamer and dolly work. Didn't even touch the paint and you can't tell at all from 5'. The plan is to replace hood and re-shoot someday, but for now it brought it back to a driver and didn't even cost anything other than a days time.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=2&t=11974&st=0

Good luck!
seanery
I really like it. My dad had a 2001 Corvette that was Millenium yellow, so that's probably why. I think that may just be the color that bluecar gets painted when it's ready. wub.gif
Toast
clap56.gif Yeaaaa!

I actually took it down there without the door pannels and asked them to try to match it up the best they did.
And they did a pretty damn good job too! smilie_pokal.gif
Lou W
ohmy.gif Bummer, I'm sure it will look good again. Glad to hear that you're ok. smile.gif
Root_Werks
sad.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Sorry about the car Melba. sad.gif Call Howard and get some good advice and DO NOT ever tell anyone the horn didn't work. He obviously just didn't hear it. It looks like it can still be fixed and can be good as new in time for WCC.
Cheers, Elliot
SLITS
Hood................. yes

bumper..............no

bumper cap........no

time....................no

Well, since this is number two that I have built that got wiped by "others"...I give up...no more teeners....I'm gonna buy a Mack Truck and start wiping out someone else. mad.gif mad.gif finger.gif mad.gif mad.gif
Toast
Didn't the City water district help you wipe out the Zamezi by putting water all over the road? biggrin.gif
cardiaceagle
I agree with mack914....
Gint
Sorry girl. But you're OK and the car isn't that bad. It's such a pretty yellow 914 too.
redshift
I am so sorry... the hits just keep on coming..

Glad you are ok, maybe I shouldn't call you anymore.

M
craig downs
QUOTE (mack914 @ Jan 25 2006, 10:25 AM)
I hope you filed an accident report or called the police to the scene to file a report. Reason? Same thing happened to my wife; they shared information, but the person who back into my wife changed story when she call their insurance company. Our insurance company had to pay for the repairs. sheeplove.gif Good luck.

My son is going thru the same problem with his car. He got rear ended on the fwy and the dickhead changed his story. His insurance company has tried to get his side of the story but
has been unable to reach him and he won't return there call. So because of that they don't want to fix his car.
But I see you at least had a camera with you thats a good thing so know you can prove it.
Glad your ok and the car is'nt to bad.
TravisNeff
Glad you are ok, crinkled metal can be fixed, and if it a total, another car is around the corner.
ein 6er
bummer, glad you are OK!! hope it works out for the best!!
DonTraver
Wow, really sorry to hear and see that Toast, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I think your idea to have you neck checked is a good one.

Take Care, Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.