Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front brake hose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mickeyb
I ordered new brake hoses from Pelican and was going to install them today. The problem is that one end of the hose is very small and will not lock in with the clamp. Any ideas?
jim912928
hmmm...looks like the ends that hook into my 911.
davep
Look like the wrong hose, which one did you order.
What year are the struts on the car?
Mickeyb
Thanks for your quick response to my question. According to the PO they are the original struts. The part number on my receipt is 901-355-632-01 and the tag on the bag it was in has the same part number. But the old hose has the larger ends for the clamp on both ends. The new hose only has one large end for the clamp. Thanks
double-a
hm, this sounds familiar... i recently ordered a complete set of rubber brake lines from pelican for my '75, only to find that the two fronts they had shipped were the early (70-72) style. if you haven't run brake fluid through them, they might take them back in exchange. or if you've got to get your car on the road, i found some good ones at the local bug shop.

~a
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.