Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 14" Fuchs price question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
Can someone really get $1,500 for THESE????

Roger
ewdysar
My guess....... No.

Eric
Dr. Roger
i ask only because a guy offered me his 14" Fuchs for real cheap and, after I said i was looking for wider wheels, I see this ad for $1500...

I couldn't believe it but thought i'd post it to the 914club brain trust first before investing in them.....

dude had 4 14X6 for $350... Didn't sound like a great deal to me...
Aaron Cox
i dont pay more than 150 for a set of 4 14's......

theyre cheap and useless. unless you want the period correct "comfort option" wheels smile.gif
SLITS
My "hemmroid comfort option 14s" will blow the shit outta yer "my car doesnt run 15s".............
Eric_Shea
Find me a set for $150 and I'll re-stud the trailer 5x130 wink.gif
brant
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Jan 31 2006, 08:56 PM)
Find me a set for $150 and I'll re-stud the trailer 5x130 wink.gif

I was going to do that and then backed out when I started pondering the load rating for a trailer wheel/tire.

It would probably be fine, but dunno.

brant
slugmika
I would be very interrested about 14" fuchs for 150-200 price range.
Those would be nice for my slammed vw bus.

-Mika-
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Jan 31 2006, 06:37 PM)
dude had 4 14X6 for $350... Didn't sound like a great deal to me...

The originals were 14x5.5, not 14x6. I don't think there were any 14x6 Fuchs made.

--DD
theol00
5,5 x 14 Part number 901 361 016 00 Early tubetype - as usual Dave is beyond any doubt correct
pray.gif
Dr. Roger
so i still dont' get why this guy thinks he can get $1500 for his???
GTPatrick
Because that idiot is a legend in his own mind and he got straight "A's" i Price Gouging 101 . screwy.gif blink.gif
Eric_Shea
I was going to do that and then backed out when I started pondering the load rating for a trailer wheel/tire.

Me's got 4 wheels on it and I don't plan to be autocrossing the 'trailer' biggrin.gif
SLITS
How 'bout fake fuchse... .. .... two dots in the middle are the umlaut for the Resident Kraut..........

or

I have a set of fully polished fuchse .... .. .... but the hole pattern may be Toyota or ? - definitely not Porsche, but 5 lug.
Eric_Shea
Füchse!

Put'em where they belong damnit or you'll get a black knee-high Sir Armyboot up your arse! mad.gif
Faust
I have eBayed a few setts of 944/911 Fuchs. Price has ranged from $700 to $1,100.
SLITS
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Feb 1 2006, 11:05 AM)
Füchse!

Put'em where they belong damnit or you'll get a black knee-high Sir Armyboot up your arse! mad.gif

Wasn't he the lead of the "Village People"?
Eric_Shea
ohmy.gif Ut Ohhhh don't piss off Sir Y-M-C A!!

hide.gif
skline
I sold a set a few years ago for $300 and it took a long time to get rid of them. Nobody wanted them. I started trying for $500 and then dropped it to 4 and took 3. I guess they would be good for a bug or something but 14" tires are getting harder to find.
Al Meredith
I have a 914-6 and the 14" were an option and I have a 912E which had 14" as an option. Maybe they were STD on the E? My 6 came to me with 15" chrome steel wheels.
I only have one 14" rim but am told they are great for autoX (lower) Al
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Al Meredith @ Feb 1 2006, 05:17 PM)
I have a 914-6 and the 14" were an option and I have a 912E which had 14" as an option. Maybe they were STD on the E? My 6 came to me with 15" chrome steel wheels.
I only have one 14" rim but am told they are great for autoX (lower) Al

50 series 205's on a 15" wheel are very low for AX...

i doubt there is much of a "race" tire market for 14's......
SirAndy
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 1 2006, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Feb 1 2006, 11:05 AM)
Füchse!
Put'em where they belong damnit or you'll get a black knee-high Sir Armyboot up your arse!  :angry:

Wasn't he the lead of the "Village People"?

YMCA la lalala la la la YMCA ... aktion035.gif

ah, those were the good old days ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
Eric_Shea
lower ratio
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Feb 1 2006, 05:37 PM)
lower ratio

i understand that. shorter tire equates to lower ratio....

what good is a 14" rim when there is no competitive rubber for it?

205/50/15's are pretty dang low ratio already....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.