Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is AA hurting??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
914Jr.
Tell you what how about 5% off every order for all club members all next week? aktion035.gif
r_towle
QUOTE (Jason.H @ Feb 4 2006, 05:38 PM)
Quite an offer and I'll certainly keep it in mind. There's more than a few things I'd like to change about our DB. I'm sure you can understand we're not likely to be able to give someone who isn't an employee full access to our DB, which is probably why you weren't taken up on the offer 6 years ago.

I'm not trying to say that EVERY backordered piece finds its way on that list because someone walking in the door buys it, it's merely an example of circumstances that make the order go that direction. It can really happen any number of ways, two phone calls for the same part, an internet order that was filled before one that was called in, or a handful of other reasons. My point with the statement is that I'm not a 'yes man' in that I'm not going to tell you we have a part on the shelf unless I either know that we do, or have good reason to believe we do.

As I said before, the pricing is an ongoing thing. I can't correct every price overnight, but believe that I am working on different programs to keep our prices more in line with competitors, it'll just take a bit of time.

to fix your problem I do not need to see prices, I do not need to see vendors..

I need to see inventory, and fix the process that the inventory is recorded...

Its obvious that given your statments, and Georges from the past...your system is not real time.

BTW, I have done this for much more proprietary customers...its business, I really dont care what you sell, I care how you sell it.

You can easily do this fix yourself if you give me this data...

What is your database.
How is your data structured.

It can be a simple fix...
It is faster to move the data to a new database...and build it right..

Then after you have completely tested it, and George approves it...move that new system into production...
Stop making changes to a live database.
Invest in your technology and you will save alot of money and time.
I can easily help.
You can feel free to call me, I will give you time over the phone to try to work some of the issues out..

I know its still the same database from years ago...
Same problems.

Trust me..if your system was correct..I could sell one at the desk, one over the phone and three on the internet...and each person would know...within a miliscond that the stock number is different.

This is normal business, you have normal problems...and there are normal pre-packaged solutions that will solve your technical problems.

The rest is attititude.

Rich
914Jr.
Eric,can you tell me the story on the six pedal clusters we sent you to rebuild in October?
Eric_Shea
Tell you what how about 5% off every order for all club members all next week?

I'm moist... blink.gif

5% off your price or your competitors?

Fix the problem.
r_towle
Guys, from my simple test of ten products..your pricing actually looks competitive....

Finally.

well done on that front.

Look at CHT pricing though..

Congrats.

Rich
KELTY360
New to this forum, but very familiar with finding parts and resources to restore and maintain an old car. Doesn't matter whether it's vintage European or American, the enthusiast expects to be treated with honesty and respect from professional vendors and private sellers. The '74 2.0 I just bought means I have to create a whole new network of suppliers to help me maintain and upgrade my new prize.

The PO did a great job of rebuilding the engine & tranny and refurbishing many other systems in addition to interior restoration. According to records that came with the car, most of the parts were bought from AA. Normally, I would have been inclined to continue to buy from them. However, I've come to respect the members of this 'unclub' because of their demonstrated loyalty and support to each other. Guess I'm one of those 30 customers, because I'd be very cautious about any dealings with AA until I started hearing positive feedback.

It certainly doesn't help that representatives of AA would like to minimize the criticisims and perpetuate the myth of 'petty complaints'. No such thing. In the good old days, the customer was always right. What's changed? JMO

Marc
black73
OK, my turn. I have been buying parts from AA for 20+ years and never had any of the problems I am reading about here. The only problem I have ever had was with a core return about 5-6 years ago that was eventually resolved. I have called the service department and recieved prompt, useful advice for free. Until I found 914club last year, AA was the only place that I knew of to get hard to find parts. My 914 would likely be a rusted heap if not for the evil George and AA. Just because someone has come along with better prices and better service does not make AA worthless. This demanding their presence here while trashing them, is a little bizarre to me. Would you accept an invitation to a place that has nothing good to say about you?

dead horse.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE (914Jr. @ Feb 4 2006, 06:24 PM)
Tell you what how about 5% off every order for all club members all next week? aktion035.gif

I'f you are serious, I'd be happy to try out AA.

I've never ordered from you guys before, largely because of price. But also due to the rep that you had here and on Rennlist. But you do have stuff listed as "in stock" that PP does not have in stock. And i am going to need to buy it eventually....

So, post up the discount code, or let us know how to get the 5% off.

Oh, and yeah. You folks would be insane to turn down an oppertunity to have your DB upgraded for free. It is a very big undertaking, and you can always just change the security settings after the fact. Its not different then if you hired an outside contractor to do the work.

Zach
Eric_Shea
Eric,can you tell me the story on the six pedal clusters we sent you to rebuild in October?

I've never received 6 pedal clusters from you or Automobile Atlanta.

I received pedal cluster(s) plural from Greg Treadway of GT Performance. Would you like me to scan and post the reciept from Greg?

1st order: I received 4 cores in exchange for 1 rebuild. (that was the deal, he knew they were basically shit and that I might be able to get one rebuild out of those 4 cores)
2nd order: I received 2 mores core in exchange for 1 rebuild. (again, that's the deal because, I told him in a previous e-mail about the condition of the 'other' cores).

Here's what I can tell you... they are the worst cores (if you want to call them that) I've ever seen. In fact, I haven't touched them yet because they're basically toasted and 'unuseable'. They look like they were burried in the back lot.

Thanks for asking... I didn't know they came from you but, the story fits. Basically unusable junk. As soon as the camera battery is ready I'll post pictures of those 'rebuildable' cores so everyone can see.

Most were rusted beyond belief. Bent housings. Almost all were missing throttle cranks. Most were missing brake accuators.

Is that a good enough story for you or do you want to wait for it to unfold in pictures? confused24.gif
914Jr.
The plot thickens! idea.gif
JoeSharp
AA finger.gif
markb
QUOTE (914Jr. @ Feb 4 2006, 03:43 PM)

This should be dealt with privately.

It sounds like an attack on another's rep. A good rep, BTW.
Allan
QUOTE (914Jr. @ Feb 4 2006, 03:59 PM)
The plot thickens! idea.gif

I've stayed quite but if you're gonna act like that...

pissoff.gif finger.gif
914Jr.
Joe,Jason likes the color of your paint.
MoveQik
QUOTE (markb @ Feb 4 2006, 04:05 PM)

I say let em go. It'll will only show the truth.

The fact that they think customer's complaints are petty speaks volumes about their attitude towards cutomer service. As long as George owns that place they won't see another fucking dollar of my money.

Even now, here on this thread, they act like they have done me a big favor by shipping me my parts several months late?? And they still won't even acknowledge that they dropped the ball. What a joke.
JoeSharp
Thats 2 on this page. popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif Excuse me but that makes 3. popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE (markb @ Feb 4 2006, 07:05 PM)

No kidding. I was having some warm fuzzies for AA for a moment there.

Take it off line, and resolve whatever problem there may be. Do what ever you must to keep your customer base happy; quickly and quietly fix whatever problems occur; and don't go about poking peope that have sway over your customer base with a stick. wink.gif

Do those three things, and I promise you will win back a lot of customers.

Zach
JoeSharp
Beauty was at the WCC, But i didn't waste my time talking to you guys. I can't belive you guys think this will go anywere. These guys have a loooong moemorie. Look what they did to steve stromberg. stromberg.gif You can't fix the things wrong with that comany.
wilchek
My 2cents

My experiences have been questioanble. I bought a cam from AA and was told that it would work with my FI however after it was installed the engine would never idle. I call and speak to George directly, oh we don't sell cams for FI that is for carbs HMMM. Next I try to order some simple parts, sure there in stock, be out to ya in a couple of day. Half my order show up and AA didn't pay enough postage and I got stiffed with the difference. Thanks again. So I wait a week or two for the other part and call. That is on back order it will be in shortly. Wait two more weeks. Oh we had to find a supply in Germany, but they are coming as we speak. Part never showed, no phone call and then I had to call to cancel my order. Those are the only three times I used AA. I hope you guys get it together. I don't think these are petty issues. If you would like to send me a check for $2,000 to have my engine torn a part and to put the correct Cam in I think I would be willing to forgive you. Seriously, just be up front, if you don't have the part tell us, we are not going to wait for it to come in, but we will call you next time we need something.
Jason.H
wow..I grab some dinner and things explode. It seems that the 'petty' remark Sean made is being unjustly propagated. He obviously didn't make himself clear in what he meant by it but I thought the example I gave would have shown what it was he's referring to. Let me assure you that EVERY complaint is taken seriously but we do get a lot of complaints that our shoes are an off-white. (not being literal folks) Don't instantly assume he/we mean that calling to say your shipment is a month late is a 'petty' complaint. I think everyone here knows what we're referring to but would rather use that statement as ammo.

I personally don't in any way think I'm above our customer base and will never tell someone to 'suck it up and drive on.' I'm sure there are plenty of you that don't believe me or Sean when we say we're going to try and work things out, I don't really expect you to just jump on, but to flat out say we're lying about our efforts is a bit rude. I believe if we can keep this conversation civil, without attacks or assumptions, we can really get somewhere. I'm deeply interested in your thoughts and experiences with AA. With them I can help refine the direction we're pushing so we can get to our end goal a lot sooner.
Allan
In my opinion, and this is just MY opinion, because of the shill saleamanship George has put forth and the juvenile responses to non-member concerns (BTW, "Petty" is a word that salesmen use to entice those with "so called" higher tastes).

Learned this from the owner of a Jag dealership in Beverly Hills.

Admin. should block your server from posting here...

This is hallowed ground when you start talking bullshit....

givemebeer.gif
Eric_Shea
Jr. Thanks for hipping me as to where these came from...

Rebuildable Pedal Core #1:

Rusted beyond belief
Hole in Clutch Shaft Tube
Missing Throttle Crank
Missing Brake Plunger
Springs Toast

Junk...
Eric_Shea
Rebuildable Pedal Core #2:

OK Base
Missing Throttle Crank
Missing Brake Plunger
Eric_Shea
Rebuildable Pedal Core #3:

Bent Throttle Crank Rest
Missing Throttle Crank
Missing Brake Plunger
jbegood2000
I haven't has any back orders with AA...I've only used them 3 times and got my stuff right away..I have stuff that PP shows in stock and then it was on b/o from hell (I'm thinking this may be the nature of the beast?)...happened twice...but...but....Wayne sends out those customer surveys via e-mail and he answers them personally...also personally apologized...I liked that...still cancelled one order but I still buy from them because they care...have gotten great phone service from their people too...like shipping injectors out for me on Friday 4:40 pm....service...that's what's it's all about....sale items draw me in...but service and mutual repect makes me loyal. Have no complaints to date with AA or PP (none that would scare me off anyway).

L
Eric_Shea
Rebuildable Pedal Core #4:

Missing Clutch Pedal... hmmmmm
Missing Throttle Crank
TravisNeff
Damn Eric! that looks like used farm equipment. ohmy.gif
Aaron Cox
note to self.

do not piss off eric shea.

AA
Eric_Shea
Rebuildable Pedal Core #5:

Clutch Tube Damaged at the Mount
Clutch Pedal spun 180 Degrees
Missing Throttle Crank
Missing Brake Plunger
Eric_Shea
Howard
I caught more than a little crap for defending AA at WCC 2005 with your promises of better prices and friendlier service. Almost a year later, it appears not much has improved.

How can you manage to irritate our resident sweetheart, Joe Sharp? In the years I have known him, those are the first unkind words I've heard from him. You've got to be pros to piss him off...
JoeSharp
I think that makes 4 on this page. popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Eric_Shea
Rebuildable Pedal Core #6:

Rusted beyond belief
Throttle Crank Rest Bent
Missing Throttle Crank
Brake Plunger Rusted in place
Mr.C
One of you guys over there needs to take the keyboard away from Jr. Give him the game plan cause it seems to me that he is doing more damage and adding fuel to the fire.
I have heard all the stories about you guys. I will give you one chance since you seem to have the part I need new. If that doesn't work out then it's off to the wrecks for the NLA parts.
Engman
Eric is good - but .......... some things are beyond even his capabilities...

You know I have even been to AA - once. Bought something, and two weeks later got another one in the mail, charged to my cc that I did not order.

Told me something.....

Yep lots of parts, knowledge. But it takes customer sevice to make it whole. I bet I spent 4K with PP. Had one issue - one phone call fixed it.

M
Eric_Shea

Are those the 6 you were asking about Jr.? Is that the story you wanted to hear?

How about this one... I like a good ending so the last chapter is #7

Rebuildable Pedal Core #7:

Good Pan
Throttle Crank Where it Should be
Brake Plunger Where it Should be
All Parts useable and rebuildable.

Thanks Joe Sharp! I got these yesterday smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Engman @ Feb 4 2006, 05:44 PM)
Yep lots of parts, knowledge. But it takes customer sevice to make it whole. I bet I spent 4K with PP. Had one issue - one phone call fixed it.

M

agree.gif

JoeSharp
Your welcome. Thanks for helping out Dave.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Flat VW
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 4 2006, 05:42 PM)
How can you manage to irritate our resident sweetheart, Joe Sharp?  

I did not know Joe was a "sweetheart", he is kinda cute though....

John poke.gif
Jason.H
Eric - I may be speaking out of turn here but if there was an issue with the cores, why didn't you simply send them back? I can see the issue you have with them, they're clearly in pretty bad shape. But the tone you're taking now indicates that you knew when you opened the box in October that you would not be able to rebuild them. Whey then did you wait until right now in this thread to make a public complaint?

I'm sure nobody here was trying to screw you over, it was clearly just assumed that you could whip something together and get them rebuilt. Since we obviously wanted them for our own business, what would our motivation be to screw you over on this?

Again, this really isn't my expertise and for all I know you were working with Greg for some time on these, I'm just curious.

In either case, I'm sure we could get this resolved but I'm not sure if turning a public discussion into a personal attack is the proper way to get things done. If you give us a call on Monday and ask for me or Sean we can discuss the proper course of action to take. I'm sorry you ended up having to waste your time on those.
MoveQik
QUOTE (Jason.H @ Feb 4 2006, 05:04 PM)
But the tone you're taking now indicates that you knew when you opened the box in October that you would not be able to rebuild them. Whey then did you wait until right now in this thread to make a public complaint?

In either case, I'm sure we could get this resolved but I'm not sure if turning a public discussion into a personal attack is the proper way to get things done.

If I'm not mistaken, you guys made this public. To me it looked like you were being a wise-ass trying to make Eric look bad.
JoeSharp
Thanks Mike.
seanery
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Feb 4 2006, 08:07 PM)
QUOTE (Jason.H @ Feb 4 2006, 05:04 PM)
But the tone you're taking now indicates that you knew when you opened the box in October that you would not be able to rebuild them. Whey then did you wait until right now in this thread to make a public complaint?

In either case, I'm sure we could get this resolved but I'm not sure if turning a public discussion into a personal attack is the proper way to get things done.

If I'm not mistaken, you guys made this public. To me it looked like you were being a wise-ass trying to make Eric look bad.

agree.gif duh, hello

pizza.gif beer3.gif
JoeSharp
QUOTE (914Jr. @ Feb 4 2006, 04:43 PM)

What, oh yeah, where is that foot in the mouth smilie
Jason.H
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Feb 4 2006, 05:07 PM)

Sean asked about them so he could get a bit fuller of a story on it, not necessarily for 6 large pictures and such. It's good to actually get to see what he founded his complaint on, but I'm sure email, phone, or PM would have been a slightly better course of action.

I'm honestly not sure at what point I came across as a wise-ass. I'm sure if we were having a phone conversation you would never think that but maybe I come across a bit more abrasive in text.

As I said before, I'm honestly interested in every single complaint people have about AA. I'm not, however, interesting in trying to defend myself against personal attacks. If you don't like AA that's one thing, and in some of your cases unfortunately it's understandable, but to attack me personally is uncalled for. If you have something constructive to add, or even just a personal story, that's great and I'm all ears.

It seems the majority of the complaints so far are based on customer service but more specifically shipping issues. For that I would add in-stock vs. not in-stock as a shipping issue. That's something I can put in the spotlight so we can work on a resolution. Clearly most of you won't believe that statement, but for me that's what I'm getting out of this thread.
914Jr.
Sorry for what seemed like a personal attack. I had just found that Eric was the guy we had sent the clusters to. I truly wanted to know "what the story was". Evidently the deal had been worked out with Greag and he never mentioned it. The clusters were sent from AA thats the only way I even knew they were missing.Hence my "thickening plot" post. I'm certainly not spending my time talking with you just to piss you off.I'm just trying to build a small bridge over a gap that I feel has grown to wide over the years.
Crazyhippy
Put outright lies in your spotlight.

If something is not in stock, say so. No more of the Well there are 65 people waiting for them, and only 5 available BS. If you say it is in stock, and will ship in a day or 2, actually ship it in a day or 2.

This is customer service... not rocket science. idea.gif
Eric_Shea
Eric - I may be speaking out of turn here but if there was an issue with the cores, why didn't you simply send them back?

Send them back to who? You? This is the first I ever heard they came from you. Understand?

These came from Greg Treadway of GT not AA.

The reason I didn't simply send them back is, Greg was fairly up front about them. He stated "I'll send you these cores and hopefully you can make one good one out of them.

I made Greg Treadway a SS Pedal Assembly shipped it to him. He Paypaled me and the deal was closed.

When he ordered a second SS Pedal Assembly, I told him that I hoped the cores would be better than the last because frankly I would have a hard time making a good one. He sent the next two. I sent the SS Pedal Assembly. He Paypaled me and the deal was closed.

I can see the issue you have with them, they're clearly in pretty bad shape. But the tone you're taking now indicates that you knew when you opened the box in October that you would not be able to rebuild them. Whey then did you wait until right now in this thread to make a public complaint?

Because Jr. seemed to be insinuating that I boinked you guys by somehow taking 6 pedal clusters from "you" and delivering nothing in return. Jr. wanted me to "tell me the story on the six pedal clusters we sent you to rebuild in October?" I told the story.

I'm sure nobody here was trying to screw you over, it was clearly just assumed that you could whip something together and get them rebuilt. Since we obviously wanted them for our own business, what would our motivation be to screw you over on this?

I've never done business with you Jason... read the previous posts. The invoices and the Paypal reciepts are from Greg Treadway of GT Performance. Are you now saying you are associated with Greg Treadway?

Again, this really isn't my expertise and for all I know you were working with Greg for some time on these, I'm just curious.

So we're all on the same page... I did work with Greg on this. It was supposedly 'after' he left AA. All the invoices were GT and the deals are done. Closed. Greg at GT Performance received two pedal clusters from us. We received those 6 cores.

There seems to be some serious confusion here. You guys seem to think you've done business with me. You must have UPS records showing those cores came from you, right? Some sort of a purchase order? I'm telling you they came from a different company all together.

In either case, I'm sure we could get this resolved but I'm not sure if turning a public discussion into a personal attack is the proper way to get things done. If you give us a call on Monday and ask for me or Sean we can discuss the proper course of action to take. I'm sorry you ended up having to waste your time on those.

Thanks Jason... sincerely. However, I don't have a problem with it. I took it as what it was. I got 6 pretty bad cores for my 2 rebuilds. I'm sure there's some parts I can use there.

Regarding a personal attack: Myself and others here in this thread obviously thought Jr.'s
...tell me the story on the six pedal clusters we sent you to rebuild in October?
comment was the personal attack. Mine was simply telling him "The Story"

Honestly, George Hussey probably knows 1000 times more than I ever will about these cars but, if you want to go toe-to-toe with me regarding integrity, this is the place to do it. I've never screwed anyone here and I never will... that goes for you.

Does that all make sense?
914Jr.
Eric , Honestly, Now that I see the pics. I'm not shocked Greag sent them to you. Monday I'll pull a couple of the nicest cores I can find and send them to you to replace any unusable parts.
Engman
Eric - what did I TELL you!

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.