Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what were the referees looking at
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Root_Werks
QUOTE (mack914 @ Feb 5 2006, 07:42 PM)
Pittsburg's defense make the difference. Whin about the calls all you want, the better team won. The sun will shine in Pittsburg tomorrow and it will just be another rainy day in Seattle. finger.gif

Actually, it's really sunny out here, almost 50 already. I can see the Olympics and Ocean to my West and the Cascades to my Right. It's friggen awesome out today. I think I'll go for a run. aktion035.gif mueba.gif
grantsfo
Now for something important. ....Mavericks is on! I'm looking at the waves from my office today and its looking good!

http://mavericks.bolt.com/
tat2dphreak
I was much more pissed off at the 'pass interferance' call... what a f'ing JOKE! that should have been a TD!

as for the touchdown... if it had been ruled on the field to not be a touchdown the replay would not have overturned it, think of the replay as a last-ditch appeal, not a new trial...

and for what it's worth, if any part of the ball crosses the plane of the goal line(even part of the wide white line) it's a TD, and the ball did indeed break the plane, and was knocked back... TD!
JmuRiz
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Feb 6 2006, 09:55 AM)
BTW, where was Bradshaw confused24.gif

He and Joe Montana wanted more money to appear. How lame is that?
I know Montana wanted at least his $100k min appearance fee.
I guess TB didn't like ABC doing the game, or maybe he just doesn't give a S about the Steelers anymore?

I'm a fan of neither team but I couldn't believe the bad calls. That being said, even with the bad calls, if the Seahawks had a receiver or TE that could catch a ball to save their lives...and could manage the clock worth a darn, they would have won. They didn't they lost, so be it.

PS: I'm sure Peyton Manning was at home wondering why the Steelers blitz'd him so much and not Hasselback blink.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Matt Meyer @ Feb 5 2006, 08:40 PM)
But calling a QB for an illegal block on a tackle has got to be the worst call I have ever seen in professional sports. Come on. I have never seen anyone get called for tackling below the waist. And I thought it was an unwritten rule that you give QBs and kickers slack on that kind of thing.

Where was that ref for Ben's tackle after the Colts interception? laugh.gif

Mueller
What I am upset about, is Howie Long and Chevy giving away a brand new Chevy pickup truck to his "toughman" NFL player of the year.... wacko.gif screwy.gif

Give the damn truck to a fan, not a f'n player that makes a minimum of $300,000 a year headbang.gif
tat2dphreak
Bradshaw supposedly also still harbors some ill-will toward Pittsburgh, he had a rough time there... but he still should have come for the MVP ceremony...

montana wanted money before thinking about it... I think it's a dick move for someone who won 3 MVPS to not show up... finger.gif
i love porsche
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 6 2006, 12:00 PM)
What I am upset about, is Howie Long and Chevy giving away a brand new Chevy pickup truck to his "toughman" NFL player of the year.... wacko.gif screwy.gif

Give the damn truck to a fan, not a f'n player that makes a minimum of $300,000 a year headbang.gif

i agree!!!

this was the first bowl i ever really watched...i usually just go to the parties, eat food and talk...the thing that pissed me off the most was giving the truck to a freakin player....pro sports are full of crap..
914werke
QUOTE (mack914 @ Feb 6 2006, 05:09 AM)
Seattle fans are all wet, their team sucks, coaching was subpar, and of course the refs were against them. Look at SuperBowl history, some teams win and build dynasties, other teams like your team are there to help teams like Pittsburg to add to their history. Thanks for sucking Seattle. finger.gif

Talk about whining. your just jelous you live in Toledo! owned.gif

av-943.gif
Zaney
yawn.gif Man, it sucks to watch a team lose but, I got over it by going Snowboarding on 8 inches of fresh powder!!! Do that in the middle of the states without driving forever!!!

Anywho, I wish they would have shown the Budbowl beerchug.gif or anything else but the Stones stones.gif (Beatles rule!)

I wonder if the Olympics will cause this much discussion?? idea.gif

Anyways, dead horse.gif

Get out and drive!!! The sun is finally out!!! rocking nana.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (rdauenhauer @ Feb 6 2006, 05:33 PM)

av-943.gif

Aye, after all is said & done, them poor bastards still wake up in the rust belt.

The Pittsville fans showed a little class, they didn't have a riot & light the city on fire....cause it wouldn't burn even without the snow laugh.gif
nomore9one4
av-943.gif [/QUOTE]
Aye, after all is said & done, them poor bastards still wake up in the rust belt.

The Pittsville fans showed a little class, they didn't have a riot & light the city on fire....cause it wouldn't burn even without the snow laugh.gif

Whats this suppose to mean? confused24.gif
Bleyseng
I watched the Super Bowl on ESPN in Spanish. Man, I couldn't believe the calls nor could I understand the TV color guys! ohmy.gif

terrible calls by the refs I have to say, but the run was incredible with all the holding going on by Pittsburg.

finger.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Feb 7 2006, 10:32 AM)

terrible calls by the refs I have to say, but the run was incredible with all the holding going on by Pittsburg.

finger.gif

Thats funny! Now all the steelers are holding the Lombardi trophy while the Seahawks are holding their DICKS. Thanks for that reminder.
SLITS
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Feb 7 2006, 12:16 PM)

finger.gif

Thats funny! Now all the steelers are holding the Lombardi trophy while the Seahawks are holding their DICKS. Thanks for that reminder.

Now that is unfortunate....I have it on good authority they are going to change their name to the STEALERS.......and while the Seahores are holding theirs, the Stealers were sucking the Zebra's.
nomore9one4
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 7 2006, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Feb 7 2006, 12:16 PM)

finger.gif

Now that is unfortunate....I have it on good authority they are going to change their name to the STEALERS.......and while the Seahores are holding theirs, the Stealers were sucking the Zebra's.

Let me guess...Your good authority would be you where one of the Zebras??
SLITS
Nah, just wanted to stir the pot.....it was just a lackluster game.......really don't care.
nomore9one4
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 7 2006, 11:42 AM)
Nah, just wanted to stir the pot.....it was just a lackluster game.......really don't care.

I agree!! I did not get anything from them winning either! now if I would have been given the Escalade or a few endorsements that would be a different story! beer.gif
dinomium
The Seahawks made SO many errors from dropped balls to poor play selection to THE WORST time management of ALL TIME!
But, did you see Ben on Letterman? "No, Dave, I wasn't in. I told Coach: 'I didn't get in on that play'" EVEN the Steeler's qb didn't think it was a touchdown!

That was a championship game? Letting a time out be called while the ball in IN THE FREAKING AIR? This is not whining! I still think the chickens beat themselves, but that was the just wrong what that group of officals did.

As for shutting down Shawn? Didja see the HORSECOLLAR? He was MVP! He IS a superstar! Just plain awful that the pinnical of the NFL was represented like this. SAD

Officals have ruined basketball (Lakers vs Clippers playoff game?); baseball mini strikezone, tiny parks and now finaly football...
Oh well at least I was at Brandon Dunes for 4 days of golf and drunkeness! And it didnt rain on the Oregon coast either! HA TAKE THAT!! I played golf on Feb 6th in a polo shirt and shorts so EAT IT RUST BELTERS!
nomore9one4
QUOTE (dinomium @ Feb 7 2006, 12:56 PM)
Oh well at least I was at Brandon Dunes for 4 days of golf and drunkeness! And it didnt rain on the Oregon coast either! HA TAKE THAT!! I played golf on Feb 6th in a polo shirt and shorts so EAT IT RUST BELTERS!

confused24.gif
SLITS
Yeh, but his teener was sitting at home rusting away........We christened it with Buttwiper Beer............TAKE THAT! We're to nice to have used a sixer of Iron City...there would have been nothing left 'cept slag.
nomore9one4
Ok, I quit! I am taking my replica Vince Lombardi trophy and I'm goin Home!! burnout.gif
dinomium
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Feb 7 2006, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (dinomium @ Feb 7 2006, 12:56 PM)

confused24.gif

I was KEEEeeeeding

mack914
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Feb 6 2006, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE (rdauenhauer @ Feb 6 2006, 05:33 PM)

av-943.gif

[QUOTE] Pittsburg lost 10 years ago and never made one excuse. This is not over, Holmgren is now crying about the calls. He will not only be without a trophy in his hand, he will have no money in his wallet. But in his case being able to shed a few pounds anyway he can is a good thing.

The Pacific NW is right behind us on the rust belt thing. Another lose for your side. Also, "OWN THIS" bootyshake.gif
KELTY360
No rust up here. We salt our food, not our roads!

pray.gif Not!

Marc
dinomium
Football is a game of momentum. Even if Pit scores on 4 and inches, it is not the same as 3rd. I don't think he gets a second shot at it. Seattle takes over on downs and who knows...

There is simplely no debate on the level of officiating. It was just plain bad! I for one am glad the the coach is saying something about it.

I think they ruined what could have been one of the greatest superbowls of all time. Unproffesionalism diminished the effort and tarnished the win for the Steelers. That is the real shame. Both teams are loosers in that regard.
So just like WWF, That's Entertainment! I personaly would like to see the game deceided by that players, not the refs...
J P Stein
The NFL officially announced that the officiating at the game was fine as frog hair......one of them "We are OK, the rest of the world is fucked up" deals. laugh.gif
hars914
Guys let it go.The game is over.The bottom line is
my Steelers won.They deserved to win after what they did in the playoffs to get there.There were bad calls in the
playoffs yet no one said anything. Live with it. Move on...
ClayPerrine
dead horse.gif yawn.gif yellowsleep[1].gif
mack914
Seattle, stay home next time....
SLITS
QUOTE (hars914 @ Feb 8 2006, 08:11 AM)
Guys let it go.The game is over.The bottom line is
my Steelers won.They deserved to win after what they did in the playoffs to get there.There were bad calls in the
playoffs yet no one said anything. Live with it. Move on...

Who cares? This thread is far more interesting than about 3/4 of the shit on this site......it's fun.......try it sometime.
wheelo
Poor... Sea Chickens !!!

Go home... and... hug-a-tree !!!

Maybe, if the Referee's didn't have to moonlight...
... they could focus, on doing a GOOD job !!!

Remember...not enough video evidence to overturn the call...
...means you loose !!!

They don't have all the camera angles that the networks do !

Finally... the 49ers will be back !!!

They need to reclaim their throne...

Okay, flame-on...

popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.