Full Version: what were the referees looking at
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
DanT
the zebras need lasik surgery ohmy.gif huh.gif yellowsleep[1].gif
Aaron Cox
i thought it was no good...
spare time toys
The fix is on. All the reports say Pits has already won the game. SI is already selling the Pits. Champion package finger.gif
Twystd1
It's Aarons fault..

STOP IT AARON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twystd1
carreraguy
But you gotta give credit to Rothlisberger - 3rd and 28 and gets a first and goal on the 3!!
Go Steelers!
rick 918-S
Sea Hawks can really take their time with the ball. I thought it was a bad call too. The player had finished he turn and was only scrambling for position.
nein14
He needs a seeing EYE Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boldblue.gif
jimkelly
How many times can the defense touch a receiver?

That should have been Sea touchdown!

Jim
gopack
Anyone else notice that the advertisments of the players posing with the Lombardi trophy have all been Steelers? Maybe the fix IS in!!?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

TOUCHDOWN--------- Steelers

Dave slap.gif rocking nana.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (BarberDave @ Feb 5 2006, 05:11 PM)
smilie_pokal.gif

TOUCHDOWN--------- Steelers

Dave slap.gif rocking nana.gif

Ah Bite me. that wasn't no touch down. But the Seahawks did have a touch down.

I'm going to go play with my car.
pek771
Maybe the fact that only Steelers are touching the Lombardi Trophy is because they have four of them to touch.
914fan
Hey the ball might have crossed the very edge of the goal lone in the air. That was closer to being a touch down than the rollong stones were to hitting a corect note or singing any understandable words

jsharp.gif
Aaron Cox
hahahah 70?+ yard TD!!!!!!

yeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
DanT
way to go Seahawks cool.gif smilie_pokal.gif only 4 point spread now.
Nice interception by the Seahawks....=TD
Lou W
Fixing the roofs on the Bud comerical was great. clap56.gif

Oh yah, Go Birds beer.gif
Hammy
The manly sport of football, where men wear tights.
sixnotfour
my Kids button
Mr.C
That streaking sheep had Miles written all over it! sheeplove.gif
carreraguy
I agree - too many bad calls!
erikstoll
QUOTE (carreraguy @ Feb 5 2006, 06:29 PM)
I agree - too many bad calls!

horrible calls
Trekkor
I liked that last play, though.

And the Bud commercial. beer3.gif

KT
Lou W
That play was cool dry.gif
Joe Ricard
And all ya'll think NASCAR sucks????? Please give me another beer.
Hammy
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Feb 5 2006, 06:56 PM)
And all ya'll think NASCAR sucks????? Please give me another beer.

agree.gif biggrin.gif
Zaney
Yack.gif Holy Cow!
I have seen poorly called games in the past (WSU Alumni) but that takes the cake!
The Steelers may have won but they didn't BEAT the Seahawks playing smashmouth football.
Anyway, my rant is on the Zebras finger.gif not the Stellars, congrats.

messix
to bad the refs beat the hawks wavey.gif stromberg.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
spare time toys
I have watched Jr High games that were called better by dads in the stands screwy.gif I only watch one pro game a year and this game is a shining example as to why. alfred.gif
Midtowner
Seahawks lost to the Zebras. That was a B.S. TD. mad.gif
mack914
Pittsburg's defense make the difference. Whin about the calls all you want, the better team won. The sun will shine in Pittsburg tomorrow and it will just be another rainy day in Seattle. finger.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (914fan @ Feb 5 2006, 05:31 PM)
That was closer to being a touch down than the rollong stones were to hitting a corect note or singing any understandable words

The Stones sounded like Grampa's Garage Band! Never thought I say it, but the Stones SUCKED!!! icon8.gif

It's back to the "Let me tell you about my grandkids Tour" for them.
nomore9one4
Hey Seahawks... finger.gif
carreraguy
QUOTE (9146986 @ Feb 5 2006, 07:43 PM)
That was closer to being a touch down than the rollong stones were to hitting a corect note or singing any understandable words

The Stones sounded like Grampa's Garage Band! Never thought I say it, but the Stones SUCKED!!! icon8.gif

It's back to the "Let me tell you about my grandkids Tour" for them.

agree.gif

B-A-D! Why don't they just gracefully go out to pasture? They sure as hell can afford to!
Korijo
fuckin' bitches... cheaters.. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif bs.gif

Hammy
QUOTE (9146986 @ Feb 5 2006, 07:43 PM)

agree.gif !! Poor Stones. The drummer look like he just wanted to quit, Mick can't dance no mo', Keith looked like he could barely hold his guitar biggrin.gif
SLITS
yellowsleep[1].gif

It was all fuched up!
Elliot_Cannon
The Seahawks lost. sad.gif The Seelers kicked their asses. laugh.gif Bad calls my ass. finger.gif Go back to Starbucks and sulk. Non of the entertainment sounded worth a crap because nobody was lip sinking.
STEELERS RULE!!! Elliot
PS Charlie Watts has been dead since 1972.
SLITS
Yah Elliot, you can see as well as the zebras....that's why you have a co-pilot aaron.gif and "fly by wire" aircraft....you know, where the white cane comes outta the nose and keeps tapping till ya hit something.
Elliot_Cannon
My vision is perfect, if I can remember where I put my glasses. Short term memory IS the first thing to go. I can't remember what the second thing is.
Cheers, Elliot
messix
the steelers played like stromberg.gif and still had to get the help of the refs to win. seahawks had to play against two opponents today. finger.gif
Matt Meyer
Ok, I'm a Seahawk fan, and I make it a point never to blame the referees for win/losses. So I won't debate potentially 28 pt of give and take.

But calling a QB for an illegal block on a tackle has got to be the worst call I have ever seen in professional sports. Come on. I have never seen anyone get called for tackling below the waist. And I thought it was an unwritten rule that you give QBs and kickers slack on that kind of thing.
rhodyguy
it wasn't even a block. it was a tackle screwy.gif . on the next pits possesion the other long named q-b did the almost same thing except it was a block, with no call. screwy.gif screwy.gif . poor execution by the hawks at key times and the most lopsided, disproporsional number of holding calls i've seen in any game. big deal tho. i'm so f-in sick of the SUPERBOWL crap on the local news, i'm glad the thing is finished. good night and sweet dreams.

k
reddog
I'm from Detroit and a Steeler fan, but they lost in my mind, too bad, but there were several calls, ie, the non TD, and where was the holding when the seahawks were on the one to name a few ... but maybe the rust belt needed this. beerchug.gif
Howard
All the good replays are here.
hars914
CRY,CRY,CRY
Yes there were bad calls by the refs. Also bad calls by Holmgren and
his quarterback. The Steelers shut down Alexander and their defense
picked it up when they had to. Everyone finds an excuse for why their
team lost.THEY WERE BEAT , LIVE WITH IT
Typical NFC fans. All they do is cry.
WAY TO GO STEELERS
Twystd1
Uhhhhh...

I thought the lakers lost....

Nevermind....wrong thread..

Twystd1 2much
mack914
Seattle fans are all wet, their team sucks, coaching was subpar, and of course the refs were against them. Look at SuperBowl history, some teams win and build dynasties, other teams like your team are there to help teams like Pittsburg to add to their history. Thanks for sucking Seattle. finger.gif
Jake Raby
I think the performance of the National Anthem at the Super Bowl was HORRIBLE!
I have been in foreign countries where they performed it better and could barely speak english!
neo914-6
QUOTE (hars914 @ Feb 6 2006, 04:58 AM)
CRY,CRY,CRY
Yes there were bad calls by the refs. Also bad calls by Holmgren and
his quarterback. The Steelers shut down Alexander and their defense
picked it up when they had to. Everyone finds an excuse for why their
team lost.THEY WERE BEAT , LIVE WITH IT
Typical NFC fans. All they do is cry.
WAY TO GO STEELERS

Well if you aren't in the group celebrating then the only other option is to cry... sad.gif laugh.gif

Congrats Stealers!

BTW, where was Bradshaw confused24.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Feb 5 2006, 05:01 PM)
The fix is on. All the reports say Pits has already won the game. SI is already selling the Pits. Champion package finger.gif

agree.gif I heard the same thing. They were selling XL Bowl Steelers shirts before the game started.

PB 1st TB - That was a bad call IMO. Even if you arched the guys hand, shoulder, elbow or football, nothing made it to the White line on the ground or in the air. that was a totaly blocked TD.

SH lost TD - Probably legit due to only one foot being in bounds. I forget the rules.

SH - Holding by 53 was it? Fuck me, there was ass loads of holding all over the place. But wipe ref recalled a 2 yard sitting play. Neat.

Do I think the Hawks should have one? Yeah, but that's just because their my home team. Either team could have won this game. I think a couple of bad calls kept a decent lead for the PS's though. And who in a staduim of 90% PS fans will dispute bad offense calls? bootyshake.gif

Either way, it rocks the Hawks made it there and it was a good game. Hope they have a great season next year as well. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.