Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pilots...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
J P Stein
I build em', but not fly them...let that be a lesson to you.
I prolly should have the same attitude about 914s. confused24.gif
redshift
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Feb 8 2006, 03:08 PM)
I build em',

I'll never fly again!

Thanks JP!

smile.gif

M
SLITS
Did I ever tell you the joke about Pierre The Fighter Pilot?

Well...nevermind
redshift
SQUAWK

M
akellym
The roll problem your talking about, was a problem for the earlier models with shorter wing span, aka The Widow Maker was its early nick name. I flew right seat in the D model and it could fly just fine on one engine.
porsha916
I was a navy pilot, flew C-1A Trader in the 80's ( 180 traps), then a B200 Kingair(UC-12B), ATP, medical problem, Only bug smashers now!
GTPatrick

[QUOTE] " The roll problem your talking about, was a problem for the earlier models with shorter wing span, aka The Widow Maker was its early nick name. I flew right seat in the D model and it could fly just fine on one engine. "

Akellym , . . . . Your probably right because I witnessed one lose an engine taking off from Lockheed Dobbins airbase (Ga.) east bound , back in the late 70's . The a/c lost an engine on t/o and barely cleared I - 75 and crashed into a clearing barely missing some apartments. If it had gone about another 100 yards , it would have hit my apartment building. Unfortunatley the 2 man crew did not make it but the pilot did his best not to hit any of the apartment buildings and should be commended for that.

Unfortunately the memory of that will never leave me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.