Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Loser_Cruiser
Well I was leaving the dentist office and I notice something unusaual hanging under the rear of my car. I looked under and it was part of my speedo drive. THe speedometer hasnt been working for awhile but atleast it was still attached to the tranny. So my question is do I have any tranny fluid left or would it even have come out? There isnt any fluid on teh floor but who knows if i left it on the road or something. There is fluid on the bottom of the tranny but who doesnt have any on theres it might be oil im not sure.
Loser_Cruiser
heres the part thats missing
TROJANMAN
i would drain it to see if anything comes out.
that part is easy to replace, but not sure of the cost. hopefully nothing stripped when it came out.
there is one little bolt in your picture that holds that piece in place.
loosen the bolt and that whole unit slides out. there is one o-ring inside of it. doesn't look like the tranny fluid would've leaked too much.
SirAndy
speedo angle drive, they're known to break just like that ...

you're tranny looks wet/gunked up so you should check the oil level for sure ...
actually, get a replacement angle drive and flush and refill the tranny with swepco ...

i'd try the usual parts places first for a replacement, EASY, HPH, Parts Heaven ...
smash.gif Andy
Loser_Cruiser
well I drove it home just fine and i didnt hear any strange noises and it was shifting just fine. so im not worried about wheather or not anything was damaged. I was just wondering if the fluid may have come out or if it will.
SirAndy
and get a few cans of break-cleaner and clean that damm thing. rolleyes.gif

i hate gunk ...
icon8.gif Andy
Loser_Cruiser
alright thanks guys I new I would probably have to replace it pretty soon.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Loser_Cruiser @ Feb 7 2006, 10:37 PM)
well I drove it home just fine and i didnt hear any strange noises and it was shifting just fine. so im not worried about wheather or not anything was damaged. I was just wondering if the fluid may have come out or if it will.

yes, judging from the GUNK on your tranny and heat exchangers, it *IS* leaking. or was. or both ...

replace angle drive. make sure you get a good seal on the o-ring. flush and refill tranny. clean gunk off tranny and heat-exchangers ...

makes for a nice weekend project!
beerchug.gif Andy
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Loser_Cruiser @ Feb 7 2006, 10:31 PM)
There is fluid on the bottom of the tranny but who doesnt have any on theres it might be oil im not sure.

i don't have any on mine smile.gif (just dropped and cleaned it this weekend biggrin.gif )

make sure to remove the top (fill) plug before you remove the drain plug.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.