Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ash tray drink holder??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Marv's3.6six
N E 1 done this? converted their ash tray to a drink holder? pics puhleas huh.gif
brant
yes...

sorry no pic's
I considered making a webbing to hold the drink, and then decided that I only NEEDED it for coffee.

So I found a coffe cup with a "step" in it. (smaller bottom that necks out to a wider top)

used a dremel to cut a hole that would catch the coffee cup half way, so it wouldn't tip once inserted.

sorry no pics.

brant
STL914
It's been discussed here about a year and a half ago. Do a search.
Toast
Too bad their can not be a astray/drink combo for us smoking/beverage types. smoke.gif beer3.gif
seanery
the smog guys have 'em....search for midwest classic and rummage through the pics...try 2003's pics first, it might have a different name from 2003 like midwest 914 gathering, or some such thing. Barber Dave put it on that year and I took some pics of them (I think) a lot of the SMOG guys have...curvieroadlover definitely does....good luck
seanery
ok, since I'm such a nice guy....here's curvie's drink holder
The black plastic thingie with a hole cut in it is actually a 3.5" floppy disk biggrin.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
jim_hoyland
Nice ! Can you still push the tray back in ?
seanery
absolutely...I haven't made one myself, but I bought an extra ashtray to do so.
jim_hoyland
Is the webbing attached to a bottom holder ?
seanery
Tom's is just two straps of nylon in an X pattern. I think I'll add a 3rd piece in this direction -X- does that make sense?
Crazyhippy
I'm voting best use of shoelaces on the 914 club.... rocking nana.gif prop.gif dancinnanner.gif

BJH biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.