Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have an opinion re: 914/Subaru conversions?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
carreraguy
Looking for more hp and was considering the Suby conversion route after seing one at last year's German Autofest in Ventura. IF I was to pull the trigger, I won't be doing it myself - looking at a turnkey solution. Aside from the cost, what are the pros/cons? i.e definitely NARP.

Seems to me that a 914 thta has an engine that is lighter than a stock 2liter engine but has 240-300 hp (depending on tuning, type engine etc.) would be a blast to drive assuming you had the right suspension, brakes, wheels/tires etc.
Thanks,
d914
if not looking at "budget build" I think this is a neat way to build a light weight high horse power streeter.. Iam also looking at the suby tranny to add to the "daily" driver target..

I'm re-doing a car from scratch, 5 lug w/ sc brakes, extra bracing , heat and air, track bushings..etc.

V-8, porsche 6, rotary are all valid, but I like the concept of modern engine and tranny in a 30 yr old car..... Also if tracking the car, once the conversion is done the long block is cheap!!! When all the window dressing is in the down side risk is a $700-1000 long block!

Light weight, flat four, decent hp and low exposure after conversion...works for me..
lapuwali
The chief downside is that if you intend to AX or timetrial the car, you can't do it at PCA events. If you intend it to only be a street car, no problem. SCCA and NASA won't give you any guff over a NARP engine, either.

anthony
To me the downsides are:

not aircooled
not vintage
not a Porsche engine
uber expensive if you aren't doing all the fabrication and tinkering yourself
which tranmission do you use for that 300hp?

To me the charm of a 914 is that it's a vintage aircooled car. Other than that I bet a 914-Suburu done right would no doubt be a fun car to drive.

neo914-6
Get a quote from Renegade Hybrids, they do turn-keys or better yet get a quote from series9 for a modern -6...

Modern drivetrain! thumb3d.gif

If you want to keep it German, I "may" market the Audi conversion... rolleyes.gif
TonyAKAVW
Well, my perspective on this is definitely a little biased. There are definitely downsides to doing a Subaru conversion and I think they have been covered already.

Maybe one thing to do is decide what is important to you. Do you like the ownership of a classic car? Do you like the nostalgia? Does the engine form an important part ofthat nostalgia? I'm not saying that putting in a Subaru engine will make it a modern car, but for people that are _really_ into preservation/antique value of the car, its unheard of.

If you like the performance of a 914, and its capabilities as a lightweight fast sportscar then engine choice might be affected by that. A Subaru engine definitely has more potential than a type IV in terms of reliable output power. Granted you CAN get 300 HP out of a type IV, but why?

Now in terms of how to get to 240-300 HP, you can do it with a Type IV and spend a lot more than any other option, you can use a 6, but for that kind of power will not be cheap either. You can do a V8, but then you have a heavy engine with lots of torque to deal with. And then you are left with engines like the Subaru, rotary, Audi engines, etc. The real advantage to a Subaru engine from a technical perspective is the fact that its a flat 4 (or 6) and done properly can result in a very low center of mass.

Now in terms of cost... If you are going to get a full Renegade setup, and an aftermarket ECU, etc., you will be into it for somewhere in the neighborhood of $6000-$8000 in parts.

-Tony
carreraguy
Thanks guys, good input! I'm going to have to decide exactly what I want; right now I'm leaning toward fun; I already have a taildragger that is mostly a CW car. So I guess I'm on the lookout for a rustfree, fairly clean, good tranny, not too expensive 1.7 or 1.8 car that I can drive to Las Vegas to visit the folks at Renegade.
Kerrys914
Not sure but can you get a HIGH HP Jake Engine for the same cost as a Suby conversion?

The one Suby I have seen and heard sounds like a type IV..weird wacko.gif
tat2dphreak
for the cost of a turnkey, you may be able to find a 6... but I dunno... it seems someone said a decent 6 conversion was about 10k...

but all in all, I like the suby conversions...

they even kinda sound like a -4... if you don't mind pumping water, the scooby is fine... I think the suby is a better, more practical solution than a SBC... but that's just me

mrdezyne
My final deciding factor for doing my suby swap was a few laps at a local race track in a new Lotus Elise. You might say what the heck does that have to do with a 914 Suby swap but if you do the spec comparisons you come up with around the same weight to HP ratio.

http://www.lotuscars.com/Lotus_Spec_Sheet.pdf
Lotus is 1984 lbs for a base car. (per Lotus web site)
Lotus powerplant is 190HP@7800 (toyota engine)
Lotus torque is not so impressive at 138@6800

914 about 2150 lbs
Suby 2.5L N/A is 165Hp (bone stock w/ A/C, PS, and restrictive exhaust)
Suby torque is 165 flat curve

After seeing what that Lotus felt like, I decided if I could get anywhere close to that feeling I'd be happy. Throw in your turbo setup to bump up that HP range and you really have a screamer in nostalgic 914 clothing.....
anthony
Speaking of Lotus, Tom have you considered an Elise? I'm pretty sure an Elise will easily outperform a 914 - even a modified 914. Used ones are dipping into the low thirties. The other nice thing is that a used one still probably has its warranty and the engine is Toyota reliable.
Porcharu
I am obviously a little baised but what the heck. I thought about this and followed Scotts install for a long time before I made up my mind. I decided to install the 2.5NA Suby and the suby transmission. The only negitives that I see so far is the car is no longer a stock original 914 (mine was a nice almost rust free original car with a 5 lug conversion.) The way I am developing the swap the car will be able to be returned to stock and no one will ever know.
As far as the pros - lots more power, modern car maintainence, modern electronics vs 30 year old, transmission that doesn't suck and make me cranky everytime I drive the car, easy to find repair parts.
Cost - so far I have.
$1400 for complete 2005 engine with a claimed 2000 miles
$600 for 2005 trans
$200 for Saker AWD to FWD trans parts
$1000 for stand alone EFI system that I had from a previous project.
~$400 for adaptor flanges to mate the Suby trans to Porsche axles.
~$400 for custom radiator.
$108 for 4 911 sport mounts to hold everything.
~$500 for the engine, transmission, radiatior cradle (I'm making this so my cost is a lot lower)
~$250 for shift linkage parts - more for cable shift.
~$400-500 for exhaust
~$? VW bus axles
$300 for hardware, wire, hoses etc.
More $ to install a heater core, fan etc.

So what do you get for your $5500 or so? An engine that should make 180 HP and a mountain of nice flat torque hooked up to a new easy shifting transmission. Just add $ the sky is the limit to how much power you can get, looks like an honest 300HP is easily done with the 2.5 with mostly stock parts.
And if you really want you can put that hot 1.7 back in and be original.
Mueller
Hey Tom,

I cannot think of too many negative things about the conversion except for perhaps the PCA issue:

auto-x: "fun run" class only, no points or "official" time

time trails: not allowed

not that big of deal to some folks, there are plenty of run groups that allow pretty much anything for track events (not racing, just having fun), same for auto-x, SCCA does not care, you'll just be in a goofy class but if all you want to do is wring out the car once in a while, who cares what class you are in, as long as you can arrive and flog the car and have fun.

As a daily driver or weekend cruiser, I think the Suby (or any well done conversion) is a great idea...the key factors (at least for me) being that it must have at least 75% more HP and be dead-on reliable with no overheating issues, or half@ss wiring or whatever that might distract from enjoying the car.

I didn't get into a 914 (or my 911 for that matter) because of them being aircooled, it just happened to be the engine that came with them smile.gif

Do I like aircooled engines? Yes, but I like almost all engines, steam, stirling, diesel, you name it screwy.gif

When you are flying down a country lane, feeling the G's, does it really matter what is propelling you forward and out of each corner? As long as you can get from point A to point B, that is the important thing, if one method of thrust get's you there a little quicker or with more piece of mind, what is wrong with that??

MDB2.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (mrdezyne @ Feb 12 2006, 08:48 AM)
My final deciding factor for doing my suby swap was a few laps at a local race track in a new Lotus Elise. You might say what the heck does that have to do with a 914 Suby swap but if you do the spec comparisons you come up with around the same weight to HP ratio.

Lotus is around 2100 lbs
Lotus powerplant is 195HP (toyota engine)
Lotus torque is not so impressive at 134

914 about the same weight
Suby 2.5L N/A is 165Hp
Suby torque is 165 flat curve

After seeing what that Lotus felt like, I decided if I could get anywhere close to that feeling I'd be happy. Throw in your turbo setup to bump up that HP range and you really have a screamer in nostalgic 914 clothing.....

Elise weighs under 2000 lbs and has a very efficient six speed drivetrain to take advantage of the high end ponies.

I'm curious to know real weight of a Subaru engine conversion in a 914. Once you plumb radiator fill with water, fabricate mounts, add conversion plates to tranny, etc I bet the 914 gains a little weight over a Type 4.

So you would be draging around close to 200 lbs more with 30 hp less in a Suby powered 914 compared to the Elise. If I was going to do a Non-Porsche engine conversion I would definitely go for a newer generation 2.5 turbo from the WRX.

carreraguy
Thanks all for the good feedback.

I did think about the Elise but its like trying on a size 11 shoe when I'm a size 12 - it don't fit. Thats one thing I like about 914's - taller/bigger guys can usually find a fit (even if it requires removing the seat cushion to make room for your helmet to fit).

I may have located a reasonably priced, running, clean AND rust free pre-1976 car; stay tuned Subie fans, I may not be at the PCA events but I hope I'm still invited to the 914(non)Club.com events!
McMark
From what it sounds like, a 240-300 hp subaru motor is going to put you in the same $ range as a 3.6. I'm involved with two 3.6 conversions right now and I'm finding them not all that complicated. I would lean in that direction if the $ is roughly equal. A 3.6 914 would have a higher resale value, IMHO.
Trekkor
A 3.6 914 would have a higher resale value

That's true.

But the price comparison...I'm not so sure about that. dry.gif

I doubt if anyone has ever done a 3.6 conversion for under $11k in parts alone.

It would be interesting to hear what the most powerful Subie's are going for.

KT
Porcharu
QUOTE (McMark @ Feb 12 2006, 08:13 PM)
From what it sounds like, a 240-300 hp subaru motor is going to put you in the same $ range as a 3.6. I'm involved with two 3.6 conversions right now and I'm finding them not all that complicated. I would lean in that direction if the $ is roughly equal. A 3.6 914 would have a higher resale value, IMHO.

I think that would be including a stand alone FI system, a low milage engine, an almost new trans that has a wide choise of LSD's and gear ratios, new CV's etc. Not really apples to apples. I looked at 6's and just saw the parts list keep going and going.
Of course - I'm biased but I'm up front about it. rolleyes.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (carreraguy @ Feb 12 2006, 08:03 PM)
I did think about the Elise but its like trying on a size 11 shoe when I'm a size 12 - it don't fit. Thats one thing I like about 914's - taller/bigger guys can usually find a fit (even if it requires removing the seat cushion to make room for your helmet to fit).

I may have located a reasonably priced, running, clean AND rust free pre-1976 car; stay tuned Subie fans, I may not be at the PCA events but I hope I'm still invited to the 914(non)Club.com events!

agree.gif I'm not tall and still felt confined in the Elise. I'd still buy one to restyle it. I saw a salvaged Elise on CL recently for $17k with some front nose damage but no chassis damage. Dam, need to get neo done so I can think of the next project...laugh.gif

'76 will require more smog conformance...

grantsfo
Take a look at this Subaru EJ20 Twin turbo engine from Japan. 250 hp from a flat 4!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-EJ20...036431274QQrdZ1
plymouth37
check out turbo914.com for more info on my subie 914 and renegade's kit.
McMark
Those motors are so cool!!!!
carreraguy
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Feb 12 2006, 09:18 PM)

'76 will require more smog conformance...

Felix - if you are referring to my potential candidate for the Suby swap, it's a pre-76 914; definitely don't want smogging hassles. Although, Renegade tells me the Suby would pass CA smog anyway - don't expect it would pass the visual though. biggrin.gif
cbenitah
Interesting reading...

I would like a figure.. Does anyone have a quote from a shop on how much a suby would cost to do?

Is it 6K with labor?

Renegade, only option for a conversion or will there be more?

looking forward for more info!
Andyrew
www.rennegadehybrids.com

they primarily do v8's... incase you didnt know.

Kennedy's got adapters for everything. (kennedy engineering products)

mrdezyne
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Feb 12 2006, 11:23 AM)
So you would be draging around close to 200 lbs more with 30 hp less in a Suby powered 914 compared to the Elise. If I was going to do a Non-Porsche engine conversion I would definitely go for a newer generation 2.5 turbo from the WRX.

I agree, thats why I mentioned the turbo setup. However I will be happy for the time being to at least double my ponies, and have a flat torque curve for around $2500.
WRX914
I am in the middle of an extensive rebuild, but I will give you the #'s on just the engine swap. I got my engine (WRX 2.0 Turbo) for $1,500 in 2004. (The engine is a 2004 with 4k miles) Then, Dana at Renegade bought his 9same)engine from the same guy... He bought his for around $1,300 and his is also a 2004 but his had only 400 miles. You have to figure another $500 for the wiring harness and ECU. Another $3k for Renegades kit and radiator. So you can get into this conversion for around $5k for parts only. If you use the same dude Dana and I did.
mrdezyne
I guess thats where I saved a bundle, you have to shop around to find your engine, however mine is N/A and not a turbo.

2004 EJ25 w/ 14k and ECU+ harness for $1100
MattR
My two cents,

You own a 914 for the feel of it, not the performance. Top down, engine growling, etc. I think you can only get that experience with a noisy, rough type 4 or flat six. Its an aircooled trait and its what makes these cars cool.

If you want sheer performance, get a boxster. They're chick cars, they dont feel fun, but they're much faster. Putting a sube in a 914 will yield a faster car then a type 4 powered 914, but you're putting new technology in a 30+ year old chassis and sacrificing what (in my opinion) makes 914s fun.
mrdezyne
Go here and check out the video, this is a great reason to do the Suby turbo swap!!!!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...f=2&t=42759&hl=

pray.gif driving.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 13 2006, 10:24 AM)
My two cents,

You own a 914 for the feel of it, not the performance. Top down, engine growling, etc. I think you can only get that experience with a noisy, rough type 4 or flat six. Its an aircooled trait and its what makes these cars cool.

If you want sheer performance, get a boxster. They're chick cars, they dont feel fun, but they're much faster. Putting a sube in a 914 will yield a faster car then a type 4 powered 914, but you're putting new technology in a 30+ year old chassis and sacrificing what (in my opinion) makes 914s fun.

what also makes these cars cool is the ability to easily modify them to step up to modern specs and enjoy the benifits of such smile.gif

with that additude, you might as well sell your 914 and get a Ford Model T complete with engine starting hand crank biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Porcharu
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 13 2006, 09:24 AM)
My two cents,

My $0.02
I have a 914 for one reason - it' fun to drive. It will be MORE fun to drive with more power and a sweet shifting transmission. It would be really fun hearing the turbo screaming with the roof off, but that will have to wait a bit. My type 4 ran pretty good - better than my daily driver Volvo.
I hope to drive mine 5-8K a year and work on the car when I wan't to not because I have to.
I don't want to hack up my "vintage air cooled car" for the swap so I'm spending more time and figuring out how to do it without cutting up the car.
I think using the drivetrain from a new car in the 914 is a great use of the only good part of new cars.
When this swap is done I might commit some real air-cooled blasphamy and swap a Suby engine and trans into a VW van. rocking nana.gif
Trekkor
I enjoyed that video!

If I didn't find my SIX at such a low price it would be pretty tough to pass on a low cost, modern, high output engine.

Face it, the type IV is a motor that is very expensive.
The lowest rebuild prices are close to the COMPLETE Soob convert.

If you opt for the 200hp Type IV...$15k plus. I won't do that. Sorry if that offends. It's my opinion.

Didn't someone say they could do the Subie conversion and have a garage full of back-up motors for the price of a MassIVe FOUR?

If the only negative is exclusion from competing with a PCA class, what's the big deal?

KT
McMark
QUOTE (cbenitah @ Feb 13 2006, 01:01 AM)
Interesting reading...

I would like a figure.. Does anyone have a quote from a shop on how much a suby would cost to do?

Is it 6K with labor?

I think you're right on Christopher.

If someone walked in my door and asked for a subie swap, I would probably quote them $5k - $6k in labor. That would include:

1. Custom engine mount bar.
2. Custom radiator setup.
3. Additional gauges.
4. Conversion wiring harness.
5. Any necessary body modifications.
6. All the little fit/finish items.

Mueller
QUOTE (McMark @ Feb 13 2006, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (cbenitah @ Feb 13 2006, 01:01 AM)
Interesting reading...

Is it 6K with labor?

I think you're right on Christopher.

If someone walked in my door and asked for a subie swap, I would probably quote them $5k - $6k in labor. That would include:

3. Additional gauges.

ummmmm...Mark he said with labor....not in addition to smile.gif

currently the suby motors are "disposable" but what about the consumables such as starters (if using suby transmission) clutches and waterpumps and tune up items?

one of these days if I had $4K to $5K land in my lap all at one time, I'd consider a suby swap....
alpha434
My two cents,

agree.gif

Why go to the bother of running water lines and all the crap involved when you could probably find a V-8 for just a little bit over the cost of a suby and just have to do the same thing over. How long would you be happy with whatever menial hp you're getting from a suby boxer engine. How long did it take you to get tired of the menial hp of a type IV?

I'm a purist. Get a 6 if you're tired. They're cool and fun and more noisy than anyone will ever need (especially a cheap little "T") You wouldn't have to run water lines or some exotic ecu. Just a distributor and a carburator.

Or get a boxster. Matt is right. Total chic car. And very fast.
Crazyhippy
My two cents,

Ever driven one? rolleyes.gif

BJH
TonyAKAVW
If someone were set up with the right tools and plans, all of the following could easily be made in a single day:

Engine support bar
Radiator shroud and mount (for engine bay)
Alternator bracket
Exhaust system
Body modifications

Pretty much everything else can be purchased off the shelf. Properly modifying a Subaru wiring harness would take a lot of time. There's so much to do on it, and each model year is different that it seems it would be tricky for a shop to do this cost effectively.

-Tony

TonyAKAVW
Why go to the bother of running water lines and all the crap involved when you could probably find a V-8 for just a little bit over the cost of a suby and just have to do the same thing over. How long would you be happy with whatever menial hp you're getting from a suby boxer engine. How long did it take you to get tired of the menial hp of a type IV?

Maybe i should just list the reasons why one might choose a Suabru over a V8.

1. Weight. Subaru engine is lighter than a Type IV, let alone a V8. Mass is distributed better. Flat vs. V.

2. Less torque. Means longer life of transmission, CV joints, and the use of all 5 gears. (all this can be fixed with a V8, but it costs A LOT)

3. Revs to 7000 rpm. Most V8s in 914s don't rev to 7000 rpm

4. Horsepower increases come at relatively low cost. For the turbo engines especially.

5. A WRX engine with some minor tweaking can give 250 HP. Lots of V8s deliver that kind of power, especially ones that you'll find in the same price range as a WRX engine. Sure a V8 can put out 500 HP, but costs go up for everything very fast.

I'm sure there are more reasons, but those are mine at least...

Now in terms of getting tired with horsepower, there is a practical limit. My guess is that on the streets the difference between a 500 HP 914 and a 250 HP 914 would be insignificant. There isn't much you can do on the streets with 500 HP that you can't do with 250. Now if you are into street drag racing maybe theres a difference, but changes are you wouldn't be into 914s.

And the majority of people considering engine swaps are doing it for street cars, not race cars.

-Tony
MattR
QUOTE (Crazyhippy @ Feb 13 2006, 11:52 AM)
My two cents,

You own a 914 for the feel of it, not the performance.  Top down, engine growling, etc.  I think you can only get that experience with a noisy, rough type 4 or flat six.  Its an aircooled trait and its what makes these cars cool.

If you want sheer performance, get a boxster.  They're chick cars, they dont feel fun, but they're much faster.  Putting a sube in a 914 will yield a faster car then a type 4 powered 914, but you're putting new technology in a 30+ year old chassis and sacrificing what (in my opinion) makes 914s fun.

Ever driven one? rolleyes.gif

BJH

Ive driven WRXs. Ive driven type 4 powered 914s. Ive been in Scott Thatcher's. And yes, my opinion stands.

Its too refined of a car with a sube motor. Its such a fine line and totally subjective...
mrdezyne
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 13 2006, 11:47 AM)

I'm a purist.

True, HP is addictive and once you get a little taste of it eventually you will seek ways to get more. But I think the reason most of us are opting for the Suby is the LBS/HP ratio. The V-8 is a heavy option but effective. The Suby is still a flat four so its not that far of a stretch from what Porsche intended.

A 200HP Type IV is certainly not menial so why would it be considered "menial" horsepower from a Suby?

I think the other item that was well stated above is what will keep this topic so contriversial...... Purist vs. Modifiers. I have no incentive to keep my 914 bone stock. I will always choose to make my vehicles different and better in my opinion than stock. If I wanted what everyone else drove I would have a Ford Tarus.
Porcharu
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 13 2006, 11:47 AM)

I'm a purist. Get a 6 if you're tired. They're cool and fun and more noisy than anyone will ever need (especially a cheap little "T") You wouldn't have to run water lines or some exotic ecu. Just a distributor and a carburator.

Or get a boxster. Matt is right. Total chic car. And very fast.

That's the beauty of the Thatcher style Suby swap. The radiator is right there in the engine compartment. If the swapper used a Suby radiator they could even use stock suby radiator hoses.
These things are puttion out close to 300HP in top level form - stock. I think 300HP in a 2000 lb car would take a long time to tired off.
With a hot V-8 your right back to breaking any reasonable priced production transaxle
carreraguy
popcorn[1].gif

Thanks for all the good input, but I didn't wish to start a controversy. I'm just an old fart with possibly more money than brains looking for reliable horsepower in a classic mid-engine platform that is fun to drive.

Bottom line, to me the entire concept of modern engine, lighter overall weight and more hp with appropriate handling and suspension mods is very appealing. On top of all that it uses less gas than a V8 or 911 3.2/3.6!

P.S. I already have a CW taildragger, so I get my "purity" jollies there.
914rrr
Speaking of "disposable" motors...anybody read the Boxster forums? Something about the only remedy to a common problem ...leaking rear main seal... is to REPLACE THE ENGINE?!?!?!?!? WTF!!!!
anthony
QUOTE (TonyAKAVW @ Feb 13 2006, 12:59 PM)
Pretty much everything else can be purchased off the shelf. Properly modifying a Subaru wiring harness would take a lot of time. There's so much to do on it, and each model year is different that it seems it would be tricky for a shop to do this cost effectively.

Does it make any sense to use Megasquirt or carbs on a Subaru engine?

I was just wondering outloud here whether it makes any sense to try and give a Subaru engine a more vintage look.

scotty914
i am alive, you all are talking about me like i am dead

quick run down of my life over the last year, went to the wcc being self employeed with plenty of work. came home to no work, and after a year of being broke, work that was supposed to happen did not. fast forward to 3 weeks ago i finally got a job that pays me what i deserve in a position that works.

so back to the topic

i look at the porscharu conversion as the next step in the life of a 914, if posrche had kept the design it would have gone water cooled. my cost was about 2700 installed, but i need a timingbelt right now, maybe rebuild the heads or new motor. if i do a new motor it will be a single overhead cam, much easier to hook up the coolant lines.

i am happy with the conversion, it was pretty cheap and it ran well, until i ignored the noise coming from the timing belt.

and it is not a end all conversion it just makes the car more fun and a better daily driver ( less work )

i am done
SirAndy
QUOTE (carreraguy @ Feb 11 2006, 07:39 PM)
what are the pros/cons

cons: water icon8.gif

pros: confused24.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
WRX914
cons:
possible wheel well cutting.
water lines

pros:
reliable power
better weight distribution (radiator in front)
reliable kick ass power
easy on the transaxle
reliable drifting power
great gas mileage (apporx 30 mpg)
neck straining power that is reliable
pass smog test 1st time
reliable 911 killing power
turbo blow off valve sounds great
reliable 993 killing power
pretty cheap to get into
reliable 996 killing power
do not need to take to Porsche to have engine work
reliable 997 killing power
lightweight (less than type IV)

I think that about covers it!

beer.gif beerchug.gif smoke.gif beer3.gif smoke.gif

SirAndy
hmmm, water could actually be a *pro* ...

i mean, if you ever get stuck in the middle of the desert ...
poke.gif Andy
cbenitah
QUOTE (McMark @ Feb 13 2006, 11:24 AM)

3. Additional gauges.

tune in the engine etc...

ok, where is this shop of yours? I'm trying to find different options to take my car when I'm ready for the conversion, but it seams like everyone is doing it at home.. I dont really care if a private person does it.. anyone want to make some xtra $$? The ideal would be if I could be there doing the conversion myself with someone that is a hobby expert on it.. wavey.gif

I know there is a lot of purists out there.. But it doesnt have to be all that bad to do something like this.. Ever since I moved to the United States, everyone is very proud of (and should be) freedom of speech.. the thing that brought us into this board is the love of cars.. and for us its a 914 right. Some of us are going fast and some are not.. but when someone asks any of us what kind of car we drive we say: 914..

I love to read all the tech threads in here, it has helped me so much! So lets all drink a beer.gif and sing kumbaja by the camp fire!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.