Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No L-Jet ever made?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
deserttoad
So I'm pretty new to this Porsche stuff, and I'm looking at this page from AA, and it doesn't show any L-jet FI. I've always thought that what I have in my 1975 1.8. So here are a couple of pics, what is this?

And what's up with this page from AA: http://www.autoatlanta.com/model/914catalo...ne-numbers.html

Are they nuts???

DT

deserttoad
Other half:
lapuwali
Yes, you have L-Jet. All US 1.8s had L-Jet. AA's table looks like it's suffered a cut-and-paste error, as the 2.0 data is under the 1.8 heading.
alpha434
Rack another 10 points for AA. rolleyes.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 13 2006, 09:50 PM)
Rack another 10 points for AA. rolleyes.gif

its just a typo......

alpha434
Customer confusion.

Typos wage war and lauch missiles and whatnot. The world rises and falls to the will of the written word. An online company can't afford typos. Especially a company that is trying to obtain a positive image from 914 owners.

You're right. It's just a typo. But it should probly be fixed asap. Right? wink.gif
deserttoad
Cool - better their mistake than mine!

thanks,

DT
bd1308
there was this moon lander that NASA sent out, but i dont remember the name. Dude this was like a multi-billion dollar lander...you know what happened to it? someone, upon entering in flight trajectory maps for the landing decent, one set of engineers used metric, while others used english measurements...a typo.

Nasa watched that thing just crash into the ground.

not that I agree with alpha, but thats what happens when people make typos.

b
kconway
Making a metric to SAE conversion error is not a typo... headbang.gif
davep
Same thing happened in Canada back when the Boeing 767 was brand new. A combination of a bad fuel management package and people using a bad combination of conversion factors (lbs/liter) resulted in the flight of the 'Gimli Glider' that fell out of the sky halfway to its destination. The pilot was an experienced glider pilot and brought the plane down on a closed runway. That runway was in use at the time.
bd1308
QUOTE (kconway @ Feb 14 2006, 10:12 AM)
Making a metric to SAE conversion error is not a typo... headbang.gif

but not writing "ft" next to your contributing number is.

b
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (davep @ Feb 14 2006, 11:06 AM)
Same thing happened in Canada back when the Boeing 767 was brand new. A combination of a bad fuel management package and people using a bad combination of conversion factors (lbs/liter) resulted in the flight of the 'Gimli Glider' that fell out of the sky halfway to its destination. The pilot was an experienced glider pilot and brought the plane down on a closed runway. That runway was in use at the time.

FYI... they jacked up the plane, fixed the nose gear, replaced the slides, refueled it and flew it out of there. It's still in service. It has "Gimili Glider" painted under the pilot's window in big letters. I saw it taxi by in Montreal last December.

The error on it was caused by the switch from imperial gallons to liters. They short filled the plane because the fuel amount was written in imperial gallons, and the pumps had been converted to liters.

Twystd1
If I bagged on every web site with a typo or a "slip" on data.

I would spend the rest of my life making them wrong.

Just send the vendor an e-mail and see if they change it.

I am NOT a big AA fan.

Regards,
Twystd1
davep
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Feb 14 2006, 12:26 PM)
The error on it was caused by the switch from imperial gallons to liters. They short filled the plane because the fuel amount was written in imperial gallons, and the pumps had been converted to liters.

No, not really. They would have had only a quarter of the required fuel then. And they dipped the tanks twice, Toronto and Ottawa. But their conversion from volume to weight was incorrect by half. Basically the difference between lbs and kg (2.2 lbs / kg). It would not have mattered except the electronic guage was malfunctioning.

The mechanics sent from Winnipeg also ran out of fuel before reaching Gimli. It was a million dollar fixup before it flew again.
GTPatrick
Deserttoad, AA would have to have a mind in the first place to lose it. So you're safe on that assumption.
deserttoad
Okay, so now I'm curious. A lot of people here don't talk too highly of AA. So what gives?

I've ordered from PP on only one occasion, and I they had what I needed and I got what I ordered.

I recall somebody here with a signature that said something like "Automobile Atlanta is not a preferred provider".

What makes them so bad, and Pelican so good?

DT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.