Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: windshield removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdsmoonchild
I need to remove the windshield to prep that area. What is the safe/easiest way? Seem to remember in the old days talk of suction cups and piano wire.................
rhodyguy
i asked this same thing yest. scroll down. i will be writing a " how to ruin nice aluminum trim and break a perfectly good windshield, because i tried to remove it when it was too cold" thread in the near future. i plan on getting one of chris folley's groovy trim removal tools.

k
Rob K
I just used a n old flexible 1 inch putty knife. When I had seperated a section, I would put thin wooden blocks under it to prevent it from re-gluing itself. It took a couple hours. Don't get in a hurry. If you put it in a bind, it will break. That butyl rubber is the stickyest stuff I have ever seen.

Good Luck
Rob
mrdezyne
However if you get lucky and your seal is old and crappy like mine was, you will find that after you take the trim off, the windsheild will already be loose on one side and the other side will almost fall out with the slightest bit of pressure.... blink.gif I wasn't ready for it to come out, but appearantly it was....
tdsmoonchild
QUOTE (mrdezyne @ Feb 15 2006, 06:47 AM)
However if you get lucky and your seal is old and crappy like mine was, you will find that after you take the trim off, the windsheild will already be loose on one side and the other side will almost fall out with the slightest bit of pressure.... blink.gif I wasn't ready for it to come out, but appearantly it was....

Mine seems pretty stuck!
aircooledboy
Hey boys,

Wrote this post long ago: Windshield removal info

PM me if you need to know more. beerchug.gif

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.