Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WWOT: Chevy Turbo 350 Source in San Diego
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian Mifsud
Sorry for being so far off topic, but I'm new to San Diego and don't know anybody here yet:

My parts hauler and all around beater work truck "Uncle Jesse" ('85 2WD Chevy Pickup) just coughed up 2nd gear in its Turbo 350 Automatic.

It will drive in 1st, but when shifting into 2nd, it sounds like a rock crusher, with corresponding horrible feeling vibrations throught the drivetrain. Happened while on freeway and fuel tank #1 went on empty. Kicked the switch for tank #2 but not before engine quit. Restarted but then transmission was very very unhappy..

Anybody have a recommendation on a reputable Transmission Rebuilder in San Diego? Truck isn't worth beans except last owner installed a NEW (not rebuilt) smallblock with new Edelbrock etc.. Smogs very very clean...

What's a completely rebuilt Turbo 350 going for today where it was done "right"?
eeyore
What neck of the greater SD Co. are you in?

If somebody recommends Valley Transmission in El Cajon, go to the one on Washington, not 2nd. (or is it the other way around?)
Mueller
if you want to pay for shipping might be able to get a fully rebuilt and tested unit for you pretty darn cheap.....

Brian Mifsud
I'm in North County, but can travel clean down to TJ to pickup a good one if it's worth it.

Mike, I'll be in San Jose the next 2 weeks starting Monday, and will have the empty trunk of my Mustang I can throw it into. That should help my handling really well by putting some weight on those rear wheels!!

Forgot that I have that Northern California option since I'm doing the big San Jose to San Diego commute.....

I'm just glad the transmission didn't give out on the grapevine.. just found out AAA didn't include our "unlimited mileage tow" part of the policy when they transferred it to Southern California. I was getting cocky thinking I had a charged cell phone and AAA... what could hurt me!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

BTW.. to all you 30+ year old car drivers... check your policy.. card is supposed to have a "+" on it, otherwise, they only pay for the first 7 miles....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.