Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pugbug
I started building a center console so I can install a bass speaker in my car. When making the cardboard templates I found that it will run into the gas pedal. ...That can't be good.
Can anyone post a pic of the drivers side of a console, so I can see how this is dealt with?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
On the drivers side the console side angles in away from the gas peddle,they hold it in that position with a small wood block at the fire wall end . Maybe someone has a pic. , my 914 is in storage or I'd send you one. Dave slap.gif
type47
i installed a factory console and then removed it because my right foot rubbed on the console. only size 9 shoes. if/since you're building a console, you could construct that side to allow for clearance for your lead biggrin.gif foot.
rhodyguy
here ya go.

k
MoveQik
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Feb 17 2006, 05:54 AM)
here ya go.

k

...and you can see in the pic, his foot isn't even close to rubbing the console! biggrin.gif
Pugbug
Thanks for the photo.....Comfy looking sox yu got there guy.
RonD
Had the same foot rub problem so I took the little wood block out at the back and screwed the sides together. No more rubbing.
Grimstead
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Feb 17 2006, 06:58 AM)
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Feb 17 2006, 05:54 AM)
here ya go.

k

...and you can see in the pic, his foot isn't even close to rubbing the console! biggrin.gif

chairfall.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.