Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shopping for a 911 mill
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Seventyfive914
Hey Everyone. Ok, so the more I work on the '75 and the farther along I progress towards actually driving the car, I can't resist the idea of the next car being a six. Seems like that would be a natural progression, and I need two 914's right? So I'm talking to a 911 nut/buddy of mine today who just happens to be in posession of a 2.2 six from a 911. He rattled off a figure that he'd cut it loose for with out the mechanical fuel injection, and it sounded pretty much in line with what I recall one of those motors pulling down. So what's a fair market value for a 2.2 less the fuel injection that's a good runner? Thanks for any insight/advice. Regards, -K-
Seventyfive914
Jeeze,.......so nobody has an opinion about this I guess. -K-
Eric_Shea
Do some talk'n Mr.

2.2 with injection could be 2 motors... 2.2 911E or 2.2 911S

Big difference in dough wink.gif
Eric_Shea
(and I realize it doesn't have the injection any more...)
Series9
Get the MFI with it, or keep looking.

Is it an E or S?
Seventyfive914
Thanks for the feedback. That shows what I know from 911 mills. I'll get the scoop and post later. Regards, -K-
Eric_Shea

Porque? confused24.gif

As much as I love it, and will be installing it in my 911... it sounds like a 'royal pain' to install in a teener.

Carbs. on top of E or S cams should be awesome... wink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Figure $1-2.5K for the carbs. The Cap'n
Series9
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Feb 21 2006, 10:02 AM)

Porque? confused24.gif

As much as I love it, and will be installing it in my 911... it sounds like a 'royal pain' to install in a teener.

Carbs. on top of E or S cams should be awesome... wink.gif

The whole beauty of those motors is the MFI (plus, I hate carbs).

The only thing to be fabricated for a 914 install is a warm air supply from the header for warm up.
Eric_Shea
Don't you have to do some cutting for the MFI fuel pump? Or, adjusting it is tough or...??? confused24.gif

I don't know... I know there's a couple out there but when I look into what that took I thought... carbs. (but, I'm a lazy-ass) biggrin.gif

MFI rocks... whip out the wallet. I paid over $1,300 just to have Beiker rebuild my stacks and intake. Next it's off to Gus for the RS pump... (where's the money flying out of my already deflated wallet smiley?)
TravisNeff
Didn't all the 2.2's come with MFI? T, E, and S?
Eric_Shea
Nope.

2.2T's came with Zeiniths (sic). 2.4T's had MFI and then CIS (I think... forgetting the exacts right now)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.