Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Tow Vehicles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
sanman
JEEP GRANWAGONEER! you know the old one with the wood on the side, anyone got a pic It has caracter, power,I cant belive no one has mentioned one.I had one that was abused but the motor and trany was SOLID! Pull better than my suburban or F150
Eric_Shea
Rovers Blow.
McMark
I just finished reading though this monumental restoration over on a site called IH8MUD.com. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif 62 pages and it took me three days to finish reading it all (I skipped ahead once they got to the paint preparation, cause that's boring). Needless to say I've flip flopped again and am thinking again how cool it would be to tow with an FJ. idea.gif

This is going to be a tough decision. sad.gif
fiid
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Feb 20 2006, 08:12 PM)

Can you say Lucas Electrics? wink.gif laugh.gif

Only if you can cure the problems with my BOSCH electrics.

I'd go for the Toyota. Range-rovers have air suspension, which is technically pretty cool, but probably expensive to fix or get parts for, and it's probably not going to be terribly reliable. It's not just the electrics - the build quality of british cars at the time was not terribly good - as is reflected in the price.

In the pure opinion department - the toyota is more interesting looking too.
Nick
how about one of these:
URY914
Get a used Unimog. This one has a viewing platform so you can watch the action wink.gif
Eric_Shea
Mmmmmmmmmm G-Wagon
jasons
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Feb 22 2006, 02:07 PM)
Mmmmmmmmmm G-Wagon

I like the older versions that were for military use and not for Rap-Star Hi-Jinks. Bonus points if its badged as a PUCH.
Jake Raby
Here is mine..

11,000 pounds towing capacity

1 Ton of hauling capability

No Radiator

4X4 with locking diffs....

Voted the "Ballsiest 4X4 of all time" by Rolling Stone magazine!

The Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer!

user posted image

Hell, we even have Nickies for them now and EFI- Mine is going to 3.3 Liters over the summer!

user posted image

everything else is just a radiator laden, toy. (except a Uni-Mog) blink.gif

BTW- I'm importing a couple of Gelandewagens like pictured above this summer. One for me and one for my Dad (Both are diesel) if anyone wants a G wagen let me know and we can get them in the container for cheaper shipping from Austria.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.