Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well, 914-6 restoration project has to go
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bob Wolcott
Just wanted to give a heads up that I will be unloading my 914-6 project in the near future. I'm not sure if I will part it out or sell it in its entirety. I will not be getting rid of the engine howevfer, because I plan to get an older 911 ('74 911S). My heart will always be with the 914 though, but I need something now to make the daily commute a little more interesting.

Some of the parts I will be getting rid of include a NOS wiring harness, NOS factory oil tank and associated hardware, leather interior (stock seats etc...), early Weber carbs, etc... If anyone is interested, I'll give a heads up as the items become available.

Bob
736conver
Bummer dude.

Bob Wolcott
In response to private messages, pictures can be seen here:

http://oregonstate.edu/~wolcottr/Porsche/

The car was originally bought in '97 and it was promptly chemically stripped and de-rusted. It was then carted down to Arizona where I made some progress on it over a few years, and it is now in Oregon and it has stagnated. The rust that is visible in the pictures is strictly surface rust and the chassis is rock solid.

I recently bought a new Haas CNC milling machine and that has taken up ALL of my time lately, and it will well into the forseeable future. Projects have shifted from finishing the six to developing aftermarket slide valve injection, EFI throttle bodies, and twin plug distributors for older 911 engines. I will post updates on this stuff as things develop. Here is the mill though, it is a real blast to run.

http://oregonstate.edu/~wolcottr/Haas%20Mi...ill%20pictures/

Bob
thesey914
Corr! that is a nice piece of equipment wub.gif
J P Stein
Which engine is that?......said the circling buzzard. biggrin.gif

I really am sorry to hear this sad.gif

There's a lot of nice work there. I hope it sells to someone that would finish it.
Brad Roberts
Was this Jims green car from NorCal?

B
Porsche Rescue
Nope. That car belongs to "abearauto" who has a recent thread asking about a color change on a factory six.
Mueller
don't be a total stranger once you get rid of the 914.....we all would like to see the progress of the slide valve throttle bodies smile.gif

Nice Haas mill pray.gif

makes my CNC Bridgeport look like a cheap drill press sad.gif

Goge
We had a Mini Mill at work- used it for aluminum/plastic work, plus copper electrodes. Good bang for the buck! We have a VF-2 now, it can do our tool steel quite nicely.

Sorry to hear you're letting go of the -6 project. Wish I had expendable income, then we could keep it in the neighborhood!

-Todd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.