Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2
pnewman
High all!

I am new to this Wis club. I live in Chicago (Northside) and will try to make it. June 17th sounds do able. That is if flat landers are welcome.

I have a gazzillion things to wrap up on my teener but I am going to use this as a motivating date to shoot for.

I can't believe that with about 5 milliion people inside Chicago that there isn't a 914 chapter here. I went to a couple of PCA swap meets but I fealt perhaps looked down upon for being a teener fan.

Oh well. I'm a mid-engine man what can I say. cool_shades.gif

Pete
BigDBass
Hi Pete,

welcome.png

I'm pretty new around here too, but I've found a few Chicago contacts.
736conver
I have a gazzillion things to wrap up on my teener but I am going to use this as a motivating date to shoot for.

I hear ya.

I am almost done with my list. This really got me motivated. I didnt want to be the host and not have a running 914.

pnewman
QUOTE (736conver @ Apr 1 2006, 06:04 PM)

I hear ya.

I am almost done with my list. This really got me motivated. I didnt want to be the host and not have a running 914.

Just to give you a heads up and to compare notes:

I have my engine, trans, fuel tank, front and rear suspension w/ steering rack out of the car. This week all parts will be ready for reinstall.

except [B]pre reinstall I am doing:

1) a hell hole repair (I have all parts.)

2)fuel pump relocation w/ new tunnel fuel lines (getting rid of 3 port pump and going to cylindrical fuel pump enroute as we speak)

3)Rocker minor repair ( car is very sound except hell hole)
4)Outer rocker reinforcement. (all parts here)

5)new speedo/ clutch and accelerator cables to install. (all parts here.)

6) front and rear oem sway bar installs.

It Sounds like alot til' I look back since Nov 1 when I started and see what Ive accomplished then it looks on pace for early to mid summer so I might just miss the party. My original date was 4th of July, but what the hell. I can rest plenty when I'm dead.

Since Nov 1. ( your probably wondering)
[U]Trans:

1st gear
all seals
cleaned and clear coated.

Engine:
front and rear seals
new flywheel/ clutch ...pilot bearing etc.
fuel hoses - all
intake boot / hoses
injector seals
alt belt
thermostat
plugs / cap / rotor/ plugs
oil temp sensor for gauge in bottom engine plate
oil psi dual gauge sender for gauge and idiot light from relocated (via hose) cleaned engine and touched up some tin paint.
changed all tin screws to stainless steel internal hex screws (broke a couple...that's always fun.)

had engine mount bar and shifter rod cleaned and powder coated (along w/ ALL SUSPENSION AND FUEL TANK.)

Collected all 5 lug conversion parts and basically painted or powder coated all. Anything off that came off the car is going back on looking new or better. All parts are ready now and I am assembling all off the car this week. Next week I begin working on the car itself.

Kind of funny.
I haven't spoken to anybody outside the teener circle in depth about this b/c no one else would care or appreciate it.

Should be an interesting run.
736conver
Just keep at it and I betcha you can be done by June 17th. My time is limited to one Saturday a week and its amazing how much you can get done if you keep at it.

If you need help let us know and maybe me or someone closer can help.
pnewman
Thanks, I appreciate it!

I can pull 2 to 4 nights a week! Thanks to a good wife.

If it looks like I am getting close and it will make the difference in making it to the shin dig then I will give a shout out.

Thanks, Pete
porschegal
Our best shot at having a 914 ready - the engine is in one place and the body in another but only about 15 miles apart. However, we have to have the body out of storage by June 1st, so there may be hope...

It always starts with "just $800 and a couple of months"....

And that was over a year (and about $1500) ago.

confused24.gif
pnewman
QUOTE (porschegal @ Apr 4 2006, 11:48 AM)
Our best shot at having a 914 ready - the engine is in one place and the body in another but only about 15 miles apart. However, we have to have the body out of storage by June 1st, so there may be hope...

It always starts with "just $800 and a couple of months"....

And that was over a year (and about $1500) ago.

confused24.gif

What a coinsidence! Mine started out as $800 to $1000 for trans work and oil leaks etc. in Nov. and when I had that finished quicker than I thought .... perhaps I should have taken longer and I wouldn't have wanted to do this bigger stuff.

I haven't totalled up the numbers but I must be pushing the $5000 mark now!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

I feel your pain brother! I feel your pain! wink.gif

I just keep looking at this pic of my new wheel temped' up to my car and it helps me chug along.
736conver
Check out the post in the main garage.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=51334
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.