Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2
seanery
Brian, you have moderator rights in this forum. You can edit, close, move, etc...threads here.
If you need help just ask me, or any of the other admins. We all have access to pw protected forums, but may not drop in unless asked. smile.gif
736conver
Cool. Thanks for setting this up for me Sean.

As most of you guys know I have been talking about this for awhile. Lets do some talking and get some dates down.
I was just hinking of a simple get together, cook out and chat, at my place and then maybe a drive of some sort.
I am really up for any date so lets hear what you think.

Brian
736conver
I suppose I should also say, I am in Mukwonago WI. Should have plenty of parking for 914'ers.
qa1142
Lynne and I are likely in. Hot run through Kettle Morain? aktion035.gif
736conver
Hot run through Kettle Morain
Yea thats exactly what I am thinking. There are some nice roads out here. Nothing is really long but connect a few together and its not too bad. Just have to wait for the sand and salt to get washed away.
jim912928
I'm in....hopefully I have my 3.2l engine in by then...otherwise it will still be on jackstands!
morgan
My 914/6 will not be there but I will

John driving.gif
736conver
Lets here some dates.
aircooledboy
If I'm available, I'm there. beerchug.gif

I was thinking about doing the same thing at my place. Big farm, nice roads, and everybody could take a part of their choice from "the Yard". laugh.gif There will be no bitching about moderators, indefensible copyrights, boobies, religion or politics. I will do it at some point, and it will be called "The Cow Pie Classic". w00t.gif

As I look out my office window and see blacktop roads that are white with salt, warm weather seems like a pipe dream right now. It's good to have something to aim for. aktion035.gif

I'll need to check with "She Who Must Be Obeyed" before I can offer any ideas on dates. lol3.gif
bjorn jacobson
I'm in. June or July would work best for me, but if you guys set a date then I'll work my schedule around it. I'm looking at late May to have the 914 back on the road.

BJ
GeorgeRud
Be sure to keep me informed, it sounds great! Would a date around a Road America weekend work? If not, anything sounds great. My cars are in the Lake Geneva area.
bjorn jacobson
My dad and I usually try to hit at least one Road America event a summer. It may be a great place for an event. Lots of great cars and the number of 914 racers seem to be increasing each year.
jim912928
about the only time really bad for me (that I know of) is the first half of july as I'll be out of the country.

Jim
736conver
So I'm thinking sometime in June. Maybe the 10th or 11th. No specfic reason, just want to put a date to it.
If anybody has objections go ahead and post and we try another date.

Also if any one else knows of other local members or 914 owners please invite them. I'm sure I didnt get everyone.
Funfignugen914R
Brian, cheers! Thanks for trying to organize a WI gathering of 914 owners! Great idea! Have emailed a few 914 owners in PCA-Milwaukee Region. Unfortunately June 9-11, 06 is our club's 1st ever PCA club race at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL! If you changed the date, please post. Thanx! Funfignugen914R sad.gif
736conver
welcome.png
Hey welcome I see its your first post too.
Changing the date is no problem. We can do it the following Saturday. I need some feedback here though.
porschegal
driving.gif I'm one of the PCA members e-mailed and I'm in as long as my car is done by then! I'm in Brookfield and open to any weekend.
Funfignugen914R
Brian, thanks for welcoming me to the 914World.com beerchug.gif ! Have been an outsider, watching from the sidelines for the past few years. In regards to the weekend of June 16-18, 06 for a gathering of 914 owners might be a good choice.

For the racing fans involved in this forum which there seems to be, there are VSCDA Blackhawk Vintage Classic (check out www.vscda.org) sportscar races at Blackhawk Farms that weekend in Rockton, IL (about 1 1/2 hours S/W of Milwaukee, just south of Beloit, WI). You could have your BBQ & tour on one of the weekend days and the other people could take a ride to Blackhawk & watch some great vintage races! Blackhawk is tight 1.8 mile road course favoring sportscars that handle especially small bore cars like the teener (which there usually are racing there)!

The Blackhawk Vintage Classic weekend has the atmosphere of club racing in the olden days, nice friendly people plus usually track touring during the lunch hour for the non racer who might be interested in what's it like to drive on a race track! (If we get enough people maybe Blackhawk & VSCDA might offer us discount tickets & free track touring?)

Just my 2 cents!
Funfignugen914R
736conver
This is awesome two new memebers.
I'm one of the PCA members e-mailed and I'm in as long as my car is done by then! I'm in Brookfield and open to any weekend.

Porschegal where are you. Jim912928 is also in that area.

As for your car being done it doesnt matter. In fact I am making a mad push to finish mine up in time. John Morgon said he will be out but wont have his 6 here.

morgan
I will bring my 944S a pca scca race car driving.gif welcome.png jsharp.gif
porschegal
driving.gif Hi! I'm in Brookfield,WI, and I think I may have met you, Brian. I think we may have purchased a poster and other parts from ya last summer or fall. If the 914 isn't running (currently, the engine is in one place and the body in another), there's always the '84 944. Although we have two 914s between the two of us, we'll be lucky to have one together and running this summer.

I think it's a great idea anytime multiple porsche owners get together, and in this case it would be fun to see how many of them are around and just enjoy them all in one place!
736conver
Yes you are correct I remember you guys coming out.

You guys with the 944 will have to park accross the street wink.gif
porschegal
Anyhoo (944s aside), because I'm local I can give you any help you may need once a date is set.
736conver
Thanks for the offer. I think we should be fine but I will contact you if I need help. Its just going to be a get together with food and then a drive. Not too complicated.

We need some input on dates.

Looking at june 17th or 18th. Does this work.

I think I will post on the main board to get more locals to respond.
sk8kat1
june 17-18 sounds great to me ... if there's any thing I can do to help let me know...

mine is running but wanting to get some things " fine tuned"

wink.gif

before I get on the road .. should be done buy then

Dave-O
June 16th-18th works for me cool.gif
BigDBass

We're expecting our first baby on July 18th, so that's about my only restriction! That, and I have no 914 yet! cool.gif
porschegal
Those dates work for me as well.
gopack
I will try to be available that weekend as well. I also don't have a car to drive, but i am getting ready to drag the tub down to Chicago area to get it soda Blasted and "fixed". no way the reassembly will be done by then, so i would have to impose on a new freind for a ride in their car.

QUOTE (BigDBass @ Feb 26 2006, 11:19 AM)
We're expecting our first baby on July 18th, so that's about my only restriction!  That, and I have no 914 yet!  B)

Dan, great day for a bithday! Many fine, fine humans born on July 18th! smilie_pokal.gif
sk8kat1
hey chris ( aircooled boy ) it sent you a PM

sounds like this could be a good turn out smilie_pokal.gif
GaroldShaffer
Well June 16 - 18 is the driver school and regional race at Gingerman in Michigan. Since I'm on the BOD for my SCCA region I should be there, but if this is the weekend you stay with then it looks like Julie and I have a family function that we have to attend that weekend. 914 family that is cool_shades.gif
736conver
Yes this sounds like alot of people are coming out. Which kicks butt.

I just want to let everyone know that this is at my house.
Nothing special just some food and a fun drive, and chat. akellym just emailed me and he is thinking about driving out. Its somewhere around 6 hours I'm guessing.
I just dont want anyone to be disaapointed, thinking this is a structured event.
morgan
sounds like a good day to me which ever you people pick

John jsharp.gif
sk8kat1
naw .. we are an area trting to start up our own little family out here .. our very first event shouldn't be all that structured it should be informal chating and getting to know each other then we can get more structured when we all have the warm fuzzies biggrin.gif
aircooledboy
I should be able to make that weekend. beerchug.gif

No misconception on the agenda. I really like the idea of just meeting up at a local guys house and hanging out, talking about these goofey little cars. jsharp.gif
Maybe later we can rotate it around, down the road. Like I said, I've thought many times about hosting one at our place.

I'm looking forward to this very much. boldblue.gif
Funfignugen914R
Hi Brian,
As soon as you pick a date, set up a time and pertinent details, I can try and help promote your 914 gathering to those who might own 914s in the WI and Chicago chapters of PCA.

Looking forward to your jsharp.gif chowtime.gif and driving.gif

Funfignugen914R
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Mar 1 2006, 11:25 AM)
I should be able to make that weekend. beerchug.gif

No misconception on the agenda. I really like the idea of just meeting up at a local guys house and hanging out, talking about these goofey little cars. jsharp.gif
Maybe later we can rotate it around, down the road. Like I said, I've thought many times about hosting one at our place.

I'm looking forward to this very much. boldblue.gif

clap56.gif

Chris I like that idea. We thought about hosting a BBQ here and maybe a little drive over to this neat little car museum in Michigan city. Thinking 1st or 2nd weekend in August.

Sorry for the hijacked.gif back to our regular scheduled topic biggrin.gif
736conver
Just bumping this for any input from you guys. I still havent heard from some people I emailed/pm'd so feel free to contact other locals.

Again looking at 17th or 18th of June. Would prefer the Saturday 17th.
BigDBass

Hi,

I also prefer prefer Saturday, June 17th.

Funfignugen914R
Hi Brian and all,

I too agree.gif would prefer Saturday, June 17th for the WI 914 Gathering! That way those interested could take a run down to Blackhawk Farms on race day Sunday to watch the door to door vintage races.

Thanks!
Funfignugen914R
sk8kat1
6/17--sounds good !.... mine won't be pretty or have my oil leak stopped by then but I will be there cardboard in hand to catch my drips biggrin.gif
736conver
mine won't be pretty or have my oil leak stopped by then but I will be there cardboard in hand to catch my drips

Mine wont be pretty either and I have a small 4 inch by 4 inch box with kitty litter under mine.

biggrin.gif
porschegal
The 17th works fine here too. agree.gif
sk8kat1
anything firmed up yet ... need to sched w/ the family
736conver
It sounds like the June 17th (Saturday)to me. No one else has chimed in so lets go with that.
GaroldShaffer
Wife & I will be there clap56.gif
sk8kat1
woooo hoooo! I just checked Mukwonago WI is only about a hour to hour and a half from me !!! smilie_pokal.gif

hey chris!.......caravan!!! burnout.gif driving.gif w00t.gif
theman352001
Hey guys,

Just received notification of this event from one of the Milwaukee PCA members and I want in.

June 17th is great for us. The only problem is a working 914 but this date gives me some time.

I look forward to meeting a bunch of you at this event.
736conver
Awesome.
Welcome aboard Keith. Get going on that 914. I too am doing some finishing on my car. Getting the windshield put in on Thursday. After that I have a few more things then I am done. If you need help with anything let us know. I have spare parts too if needed.

Brian

welcome.png
theman352001
Thanks for the welcome.

I suspect the fuel pump is the problem on my vehicle. I have tested it for pressure and flow with no problem but it just doesn't sound right anymore. Otherwise, the car is good to go. Just need some time to investigate and a pump to test my theory.

I'm heading to where the car is stored this weekend so I may have some time to look into it. Must remember to take my battery with me.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.