Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everett WA. Autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
porsha916
I would like to see a good 914 turnout, I will be there!!!! I sure would like to meet some of you, Great looking cars at the breakfast!

WWSCC Slush Series – Event #4 - hosted by CSCC smilie_pokal.gif

March 12th, 2006

Full event info & registration will be available soon on the WWSCC website at www.wwscc.org . This will be a pre-registration only event with a limit of 150 participants - cost will be $25 collected on-site the day of the event.. Online registration will open no later than Monday, March 6th 2006, and close at 6:00am on Saturday, March 11th 2006.

These events fill up fast so don't procrastinate!

Contact autocross@chuckanutssc.org with any additional questions.

sixnotfour
1976 wwscc at Boeing space center in kent wa.
3rd place season end 63 Corvair Spyder beer.gif

I'll show up I live right down the road. driving.gif

KELTY360
Kool - just what I'm looking for. Thx for the headsup, I'll be there. Never done AX before and looking to learn. Hope to meet some teeners.

driving.gif

Marc
Eddie914
Don't think I'll have the engine bolted in yet ... plus I'll be crewing for the 4 hour enduro at Pacific Raceways.

Sorry,

Eddie
Bleyseng
I'll try to make it.
914werke
Hmmm idea.gif driving.gif
Last time I tried this Dave hunt got some humiliating video of my Autox style. headbang.gif
Root_Werks
I could try, but I would need to source out an alternator for my powerhouse 1.7. screwy.gif
DNHunt
Sorry about that Rich. Now that I've been ass around a few times I have more appreciation for how fast that happens. Maybe I'll see if I can come up.

Dave
Bleyseng
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Feb 24 2006, 12:34 PM)
I could try, but I would need to source out an alternator for my powerhouse 1.7. screwy.gif

got one or two laying around if you need one. laugh.gif
dinomium
QUOTE (Eddie914 @ Feb 24 2006, 02:16 AM)
Don't think I'll have the engine bolted in yet ... plus I'll be crewing for the 4 hour enduro at Pacific Raceways.

Sorry,

Eddie

RIGHT ON!
I will be there too, Eddie...
Sorry about the timing on the autox that would have been nice...
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Feb 24 2006, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Feb 24 2006, 12:34 PM)
I could try, but I would need to source out an alternator for my powerhouse 1.7.  :screwy:

got one or two laying around if you need one. laugh.gif

Geoff, I should give you a ring and stop by sometime. I am pretty sure the one in my 914 has a short. When hooked up, it causes a drain on the battery, but will charge when the car is running. Diods stop the flow of electrons in certain directions right? So I am thinking those might be toast? Either way, I am about 90% sure it's that.

I kick myself becuase I think I have given away like 10 914-4 alternators in my life. Could use one now. At least I could drive the little guy around then. driving.gif
rjames
I'll have to stop by if nothing else to put some faces to the names. Bill- I still hope to make it up to your place with my teener one day. I put that exhaust to good use, but now am learning how to do rust repairs first hand. smile.gif
porsha916
rjames, If you need some help with the rust repair, email me. I would like to see you car! biggrin.gif I am working at the AX, I will also will be down there on saturday.
Take Care
Bill

I sure would like to see some more teeners at the AX!
rhodyguy
where in everott is this thing going to be held?

k
porsha916
the autocross is at Boeing, Everett, WA. It is being hosted by Chuckanut Sports car club. http://www.chuckanutscc.org/ Check the web site for details. biggrin.gif
rjames
The "progress" thread is here and email 'sent'! smile.gif
Would be nice if I complete the repairs / upgrades (sway bar, interior etc)
by the date of the races, but only time will tell.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=46528
porsha916
I thought I would bring this up one more time, I think there are a few more slots. I would like to see a lot of teeners biggrin.gif
KELTY360
I was planning on being there but my teener has taken a trip to Jackstand Beach. sad.gif I may still be out there to check things out.

Marc
Rand
We will try and show up. Won't be competing this time, but really look forward to supporting the 914 crowd and meeting new people!! Thanks for this thread!! Looking forward to it.
smilie_pokal.gif
messix
i'll show up. no racing for me. i've found "brake" issues i'll need to deal with b4 any hot lap'n
Bleyseng
I can't make it as I am flying out on Sunday.
Rand
Here's a direct link to location/directions... and a quick bump. smile.gif

Which lot(s) are they using?
rjames
I won't be racing, but am going to try and head up there to watch and put some faces to the screen names.

I see that they have 2 races- an early (11am I think) and a 1pm race. Who's all going, and what time are you racing? Or do you enter both of them? I don't know too much about these events and how they work.
effutuo101
I will show. I think I missed the deadline for registration. I also have no idea what I would need to do with my car to get it ready to A/X. I live in Everett now, so it is a short trip for me.
Chris
smooth_eddy
where in everott is this thing going to be held?

k

And this is from a guy in Pooey-al-up..............
Bleyseng
better that than Scumner,WA
rhodyguy
ever-rot. joke.

k
Rand
What a PERFECT day for AX!!

Great to see you guys out there... Bill, Kelty, rjames, messix, Chris... I know I'm missing someone...

A very trick Miata, pumped to 250hp took TTOD. And a 2.0 914 was only 1 second behind him!!! I love it. That 914er is not a member here, but we invited him. He would be a great assett to the club, so I hope he checks in.

We stayed long enough to watch the Z06 Vettes run... three of them... all yellow... all got stomped by a girl in a Dodge neon! All of which were a lot slower than the 914 2.0. smilie_pokal.gif
greenie
I've never witnessed an autocross so I thought I would check it out this morning.

My 14 year old daughter was very excited about getting out of bed at 8:00 to go with> ( Not!!!!!!)

It was fun to B.S. with other 914 clubbers, a group of four teeners ,none of us driving in the event.

What was very apparent to me is that for a quick time it's about 80% the skill of the driver.

Some very nice cars ... RS America , S2000, good drivers & some that are learning. The guy in a turbo 930 was over a minute , the guy in the ford
Mystique? was 52 seconds.

It looked like an absolute blast with a little pressure with that clock up to keep it interesting.

effutuo101
smilie_pokal.gif Really nice to meet some more club members! I will be missing the rally next weekend, but look forward to the next one after that. What do you think everybody? Should we start showing up in mass and have fun? I would love to get together for a tech session and get my car ready for a DE session or 4 and some AX.
Chris
KELTY360
I'm in. I've got a lot to learn about my car and I want to play with it. AX looked like fun and we'll all benefit if we help each other.

Good meeting you guys today. Teeners Rock! piratenanner.gif

Marc
porsha916
Great teener turnout!!! I drove the 215v8 more power than tires can handle, need track tires, To all the 914 guys that showed THANKS!!! smilie_pokal.gif
messix
i liked that olds 442! he is my hero!
KELTY360
QUOTE (messix @ Mar 12 2006, 11:23 PM)

Yeah, he drives it on weekends and his grandmother drives it during the week. dry.gif

The marketing guys who hung a 442 badge on a fwd sedan are the same guys who give us the Impala. But the guy driving that Olds was hot. Imagine what he could do in a real car.

Marc
Rand
QUOTE (messix @ Mar 12 2006, 11:23 PM)

No kidding. Not to be confused with the old 442 V8s... we're talking 4 cylinder gramma car that came up with faster times than all three of the Corvette Z06's that ran in the last session!

But it was a bit of a sleeper... lighter than it looked with a couple mods that gave hime some pretty good power for a 4 banger.
rjames
I will definitely be attending more of these events, and maybe one day as a driver. Lots of fun,
and great to meet some of the local 914 owners! smilie_pokal.gif
The event was enough to enspire me to get working on the car the rest of the day. biggrin.gif

Chris was sporting one of the 914 club hats- pretty slick. Gotta get me one of those...
effutuo101
cool.gif Gint gave me that hat! I love the colors and the way it looks! I think it is pretty funny that the guy driving the 442 beat the vettes. Nothing like showing up with 60k worth of toys to have grannys daily driver pound you into the sand
messix
my second best fav. was the kia rental !!!!
Aaron Cox
no pics?

WA contingent blows... laugh.gif
messix
wadda wanna see? a bunch of miatas? a couple of tire screach'n subies, 'bout half a dozen p'cars, a saab ralleyed out, v6 mid eighties f car [camero/ firechiken 4 you gm illiterate] somke poser vette/rogaine mobiles, not much teener action.
rjames
The photos I took of people racing didn't turn out, (I was only armed with a camera phone and it's a piece of stromberg.gif ). I took a shot of Bill's 914-8 monster, but it didn't turn out either. I did manage to get a decent shot of Chris's and Rand's rides:
Root_Werks
I wish I could have made it, I would have liked to see the cars and people. I want to do a 215 aluminum V8 so I would have loved to see Bill's 215 914-8. sad.gif
roxx914
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the invite. I'm the guy in the grey primer 914 that ran on sun.
It was great to see all you 914 fans out there! Why don't more of you drive at the events? These are great cars--a lot of fun with a lot of potential.

I'd like to invate all of you to come out to the PCA autocrosses at Bremerton. There's one this Sat the 18th.
Instruction is always available. And it's not to late to pre-register!PNWR/PCA

If you guys have any questions about AX or prepping your 914 let me know.
My wife and I have been diong this for about 9 years now and are heading the PNWR/PCA Autocross Committee.
We'd love to see more 914s get involved!

Tim Kornacki

[COLOR=purple]1970 914 - 2.0L AXer
1987 944 (wife's daily)
Rand
Hi Tim! Glad you dropped in!

Nice driving at the AX! It was great to see a 914/4 turning in some awesome times compared to cars costing many times more. High five to the wife! Very cool to see her taking turns at the wheel with you.

Ok... you gotta tell us more about your car. So it's a 2.0 (any motor mods?), upgraded suspension... would love to hear more.

Thanks for the Bremerton invite.
welcome.png
Bleyseng
Hi Tim,
I have finally got mine running again so I will be coming out when I am in town. Seems like all I am doing lately is travel. Blair is back in town also but has to wait until his hand heals up to drive AX.

Geoff in Las Vegas
rhodyguy
looks like it was fun. what did blair do to his hands, both hands?

k
rjames
Hi Tim! Glad you dropped in!

Nice driving at the AX! It was great to see a 914/4 turning in some awesome times compared to cars costing many times more. High five to the wife! Very cool to see her taking turns at the wheel with you.
[/QUOTE]

agree.gif

I went home after the races that day and told my fiance about your wife racing along side with you but it didn't help- My car parts budget is still the same. rolleyes.gif

welcome.png

roxx914
So, you asked about the car...

It's not much to look at, but:

Started life as a '70 914 1.7L w/tailshifter.

Now:
73 2.0L: Euro P/C -ran for a couple years w/d-jet until brain started failing.
Weber 40IDF's
Triad carb linkage
SSI's
Triad muffler
73 sideshifter
short 3rd gear
78 911SC front sus/brakes/aluminum crossmember
19mm brake mc
converted early rear hubs to 5-lug
Koni yellow sports w/rear coilovers
225# rear springs
23mm hollow F.t-bars
22mm Weltmeister F.swaybar
F. monoball camberplates
solid sus. bushings
15x7 ATS wheels
Kumho V710 205/50WR15 tires
15x6 ATS wheels
Kumho MX 205/50zr15 tires -street/rain
300mm Sparco steering wheel
5pt harness

I'm sure I've forgotten something...

Tim

effutuo101
Way cool! Thank you for the invite as well! Taking the wife to Ocean Shores this weekend for a quick get away. I would like to take you up on the offer to get my car ready to go play. My wife might take it up as well.
Have a great weekend and keep up the good work!
Chris
Bleyseng
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 17 2006, 05:12 AM)
looks like it was fun. what did blair do to his hands, both hands?

k

Blair fell thru a ceiling at work and ripped a tendon for his thumb on his right hand. Its in a cast..so he can't shift too well.

Tim, you painted that primer car yet??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.