Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another one bit the dust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
dlo914
have i told you guys lately that this community is the BEST 2nd family anyone could ever have in all their lifetimes! smilie_pokal.gif
craig downs
Rebulid her you owe her that. Don't let another 914 die
craig downs
WOW I just notice I am no longer a newbie
messix
rebuilding will give you a new respect [ not in any way ment as a slam ] for your car. part of growing up, i'm still doin' it and i was born when kennedy was pres. [ btw i once spun a car on the freeway, no curves just striaght, and ended backed into the gaurd rail. ]
ThinAir
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Feb 24 2006, 09:00 PM)
i barely know anyone here on the forum.

Since when has this made a difference?
KELTY360
Tough break. Sounds like you can choose to part it out, walk away and carry the regret and memory with you, or you can turn it into a great experience, make some new friends, rebuild your 914 and treat it with more respect.

And yes, lose the turtle! ar15.gif

Good luck.

Marc
dlo914
turtle....gone wink.gif
messix
admins don't look now ........boobies biggrin.gif
GWN7
Rebuild it (or swap the parts) don't go beating yourself up over a life lesson.

and besides we'd miss you disapeared wink.gif beerchug.gif
Jerry
Daniel, really, seriously dude, if other members are OFFERING to help rebuild her- repair or new tub- please, please think about it. I know of no other people that generous and with their expertise anywhere!!!! You will learn more about your 914, another excuse for a get together and PHOTOS!!! and it will be back together before the summer and A/Xing!!! Probably, with the donated parts, it may be a better, faster machine anyway!!! Dude, people are offering to help you!!! I know its embarrassing. And, I can see a new T-shirt in here somewhere-- "I participated in the dLo rebuild" or something. Another contest for captions and a photo of your car. At least it wasn't as bad as the Enzo and you are ok. Don't feel tooooo bad, everybody eventually does something that in retrospect, wasn't too smart. I myself, a couple of weeks ago, was messing with my sunglasses and drifted off the road a little and went off the road and I hit a hole and BAM, I bent the aluminum wheel and the tire went flat. That couple of seconds ended up costing me around $350. Not including a new alignment. Sometimes I really piss myself off. And, please don't just part it out, keep 914's on the road!!!
Always Looking
Alhambra's not too far, I could help. Give me an excuse to work on someone else's car for a change. beer.gif
Robert21
\ :
: cool_shades.gif cool_shades.gif : Daniel glad your o.k. i think you should wait a few days. Then lets rebuild
your car. Hell you should see the cars i ,ve send to the junk yard. no one was hurt that's
the most important thing. If you need parts i have there yours.

Robert

Jenny
Daniel, definitely rebuild. You've got tons of support from the SoCal Contingent. And parts suppliers from everywhere. The guys up here had my car running and driving in 16hrs. They were absolutely amazing! pray.gif And it was EVERYTHING they transplanted. The tub was seriously just that, a tub. Once the transplant is completed, sawzall the car up and the body parts can be donated to rust repair on teeners worldwide! Good will actually come of this! My orange car helped a lot of teener owners with their rustorations.

After the car's done, go out and AX the hell out of it. Right after I wrecked mine, everyone told me "Never lift throttle" (tisk, tisk). And even though that made sense in my mind, it didn't make sense to my hands, feet and butt until I actually sat in a car while it was going squirley and gave it more throttle to regain control. driving-girl.gif

This was a learning experience for you. It's humbling, and will kind of make you baby the car when you drive her again (and you will, trust me). Which may not be too bad, even if everyone says to drive the snot out of it. But this should definitely not turn you away from 914s. Don't give in to the dark side.

I guess some boobs aren't too vulgar for the non-club non-members, eh? cool.gif
I opened up this thread and was like "wait, I know those!"

Jen laugh.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Feb 24 2006, 09:00 PM)
i barely know anyone here on the forum.

Bull Shit stromberg.gif I bet you know more about many people here at 'The Club' than you do about most of the poeple you see every day.

Fix It. smash.gif
rhodyguy
do you like original black, 041 paint code cars, that aren't wrecked?

k
Rotary'14
Hey Dlo,,

Sorry to hear about your "learning experience",, you will get over the loss of betsy,, now's your chance to make the $6 million betsy, with some help.
You should look into getting tony's shell,, he'll let you roll it over to your house w/suspension since you're local. You just need some finish welding, and some paint. You would be helping him out too because he wants some space to work on his project.
Have a BBQ, jsharp.gif get all the folks to come by. Let the friendly folks of the non club help/teach you about working on your car. Just be sure to feed 'em well. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

-Rob
MattR
dude, i just read this.

so sorry to see it sad.gif

lemme know what you need
scotty b
you could always call MTV and get it pimped blink.gif
Joe Bob
That'll buff out....hey wanna buy a 356? cool_shades.gif
Bruce Allert
BORING AVATARS R US

You could live in Boring bootyshake.gif then you'd have something to bitch about! laugh.gif

....b
evan
Hey DLO,
I'm a newbie but wanted to send my condolences to you and your teener. But then I realized she's not gone, just injured. Glad you were not hurt. Please do not part out your car!!! I just bought mine last summer after a 25 year hiatus from the 914 scene, had one in 1981 during highschool and a buddy wrecked it. The old man was po 'd and made me sell it for junk. What the years gone by will do for knowledge as if I could have known then what I know now. Take some time to settle down. Remember, you do not have to fix it today. Take advantage of the family that you have and are part of by being a member of the very useful and helpful "914CLUB" . Though I am new, I have found everyone to be there for you when ya need them. Don't let another 914 die or be transplanted out for parts when she's just in a little coma, not dead yet!!!! my 2 cents worth.
evan
dlo914
ive come to a decision to rebuild her...she's been in my possession for the past 2 years. and the first car ive ever bought w/ my own hard earned money. now to search for a tub, maybe tony's. And then afterwards we could prolly have the bbq at my place ive got a 5 car driveway. smilie_pokal.gif you guys are the best!

jenny, dang 16hrs! crazy...i will get down and dirty w/ the rest of them to resurrect Betsy2 (Bee2) hehe biggrin.gif
dlo914
other than that...does anyone know how to host a video? i sorta did a re-enactment of the accident w/ little VW toy cars.
Hammy
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Feb 25 2006, 07:07 PM)
other than that...does anyone know how to host a video? i sorta did a re-enactment of the accident w/ little VW toy cars.

LOL
craig downs
Cool awsome bitchen glad to hear your going to rebuild smilie_pokal.gif
Be glad to help when needed
Aaron Cox
dlo - email me the vid, ill get it hosted

acox914 at comcast dot net
Dr Evil
Glad to see you changed your mind biggrin.gif

Chin up, you are in 914 Mecca.
KaptKaos
Dr Evil,

You gonna be in the southland any time soon?

- Joe
dlo914
AA: video sent

Mike: wink.gif Chin up for sure!
dlo914
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Feb 25 2006, 05:24 AM)
do you like original black, 041 paint code cars, that aren't wrecked?

k

got a pic? i have a soft spot for black cars wub.gif the days of "Knight Rider" i should rename the new one KITT'y if she's black wink.gif
cantley914
Glad you weren`t hurt !
Also glad you decided to rebuild
Betsy will have a second life after all

The club IS a family

Steph

driving.gif

jsharp.gif
sean_v8_914
...insert Steve Austin sound effects
TonyAKAVW
Just saw this thread. The tub is yours free if you want it. I would much rather see you use it than have it get chopped up.

The tub isn't in perfect condition, but its rust free and the work needed is FAR FAR FAR less than your current car.

Since you are local I will leave the suspension on it so its easier to move to wherever you want to do ths parts transfer and then take it off there...

Curently the tub is set up for a Subaru (or other water cooled engine) engine in so far as the engine bay tin has been removed. However... The moment I get the tub out of my garage I'm putting my daily driver in the garage. I'll be taking out the tin from it so you would have something to put into the tub (unless I mess it up while removing it).

I can give you the front hood from my yellow car as well. There's a gas tank in the tub that is in great condition except that it needs to be boiled because it had gas sitting in it or 20 years in a garage.

I've got lots of headlight parts and things like that as well. I gave away my spare front bumper already though...

So don't let this accident get you down, you can be back in your 914 in no time with the help of the club and my need to get rid of a tub smile.gif

-Tony
dlo914
sweet! smilie_pokal.gif my headlights are fine i think...my gas tank is fine its still has like 3/4ths a tank of gas dry.gif.
messix
i feel the love grouphug.gif
Dr Evil
Consequently Dan, you did make my favorite 914 shirt to date with the yellow and white baseball shirt. Therefore, you would have had to stay here and supply the replacements and such.

Oh, make more biggrin.gif
dlo914
heh...ive got another shirt coming, but ive been laggin' it. so yea i think imma begin disassembly sometime this week and prolly have it done in two weeks ore more hopefully less than 3 weeks. Anyone got a weekend they'd like to suggest? How's about March 17th, n 18th if it takes two days?
TonyAKAVW
icon_bump.gif
dlo914
so Tony...if we have this BBQ will your GF/Wife be there? wink.gif biggrin.gif lol2.gif hehe JP
TonyAKAVW
Wife... Well, depends on the weekend. The weekend you mentioned I'm already slated to go up to Los Osos and help Bondo do the same thing. He's got a roller and a parts car.

So she might come with me depending on the weekend and how school is going.

-Tony
Jerry
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Feb 27 2006, 11:52 AM)
so Tony...if we have this BBQ will your GF/Wife be there? wink.gif biggrin.gif lol2.gif hehe JP

We need photos of the alleged GF/Wife !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dlo914
QUOTE (Jerry @ Feb 27 2006, 12:01 PM)
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Feb 27 2006, 11:52 AM)
so Tony...if we have this BBQ will your GF/Wife be there? wink.gif  :D  :lol2: hehe JP

We need photos of the alleged GF/Wife !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

served HOT!....
dlo914
SHIT! wrong one. wink.gif
dlo914
2nds
TonyAKAVW
dry.gif

dlo914
i kid tony, i kid...i'll delete those post if ya want me to.
TonyAKAVW
No its fine, the cliche kid photoshop is just bizarre...

-Tony
Toast
QUOTE (craig downs @ Feb 24 2006, 09:36 PM)

About time old timer. wink.gif

Daniel,
dont give up on the 914's until after your third wrecked 914. huh.gif

Glad you are ok. Now fix it, swap it, or do whatever so you can drive it again. mueba.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (Toast @ Feb 27 2006, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE (craig downs @ Feb 24 2006, 09:36 PM)

About time old timer. wink.gif

Daniel,
dont give up on the 914's until after your third wrecked 914. huh.gif

Glad you are ok. Now fix it, swap it, or do whatever so you can drive it again. mueba.gif

3rd? Dang i'd get voted out of this community by the 2nd one. dry.gif
Toast
Exactly! wink.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.