Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another one bit the dust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
dlo914
sigh....i barely got my baby back from the shop a few days back. And my stupid, careless, self has to go do something stupid...i dont deserve to own a 914. i went from the best feeling in the world to a total 180. what a roller coaster. i'm sorry to the entire 914 community for doing something this stupid. user posted image i love this car so much and this is how i treat her. there are so many emotions running through me right now. SIGH. i apologize again to this great community for doing this. i'm just beating up myself right for doing this. user posted image
here are the grim pictures of the 14' in it's current state.... headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
Aaron Cox
whadja do?

you can part it out and recoup some of your costs...

glad your ok
dlo914
my heart is literally broken... sad.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 24 2006, 07:20 PM)
whadja do?

glad your ok

i took a turn too hard..and it fish tailed and i couldnt straighten it out..yea that's what i plan to do...part her out. sad.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Feb 24 2006, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 24 2006, 07:20 PM)
whadja do?

glad your ok

i took a turn too hard..and it fish tailed and i couldnt straighten it out..yea that's what i plan to do...part her out. sad.gif

you spun it into someone or something?

Allan
What the hell did'ya do?

If you damaged a 914 you better be prepared....

I'm glad that no human was injured.

Ya wanna explain what happened
Brando
Crap Daniel sad.gif I'm sorry that happened to your baby.

I've taken out a pole before too. It does suck. As long as you got out unscathed that's all that matters.
dlo914
it hit something, another vehicle's tire created that center crunch-in. The other vehicle is fine (GMC SUV). the only damage to the GMC is a dented door.
scotty b
wink.gif Is it to bad to put another clip on? Doesn't look like anything behind the front suspension is damaged.
Allan
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Feb 24 2006, 07:19 PM)
i'm sorry to the entire 914 community for doing something this stupid.

We are very tolerant.

We're just glad you're okay....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 24 2006, 08:28 PM)
wink.gif Is it to bad to put another clip on? Doesn't look like anything behind the front suspension is damaged.

doent make sense in the land of rust free and straight 914's......

cheaper to find a new tub.....
Brando
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 24 2006, 07:28 PM)

I'm pretty sure the front suspension is farked. Look at how the front fenders are concaved in and twisted inwards. Bottom is also like that from what I can tell. Although, you would have to take it to an alignment shop to know if it is "within spec", or a shop with a frame rack to measure.
dlo914
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 24 2006, 07:28 PM)

yea an entire front clip would work, but i got a quote from a place that does good work for a price and they're asking $2500 even when i source them the parts. At this moment i dont have $2500, and the only way to go would be to part her out. Sooner or later i was gonna sell her w/ all these upgrades i had planned for her. Now those plans are never gonna happen again. I will forever remember this little car and the memories of happiness it brought to me.
dlo914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 24 2006, 07:29 PM)
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 24 2006, 08:28 PM)

doent make sense in the land of rust free and straight 914's......

cheaper to find a new tub.....

a clean tub would be nice AA, but im just gonna leave the realm of 914's until ive done some growing up to do.
sk8kat1
I am sorry to hear of your loss ..glad to hear you made through too....

tony the subaru coversion guy has a tub for sale for like 200.00

dlo914
thus begins the process of parting out my baby.....i would've never pictured saying those words, but that day came from the blindside. sigh...i will live and learn from this mistake.
sk8kat1
..if i remeber right he is in radondo beach...(sp?)
Allan
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Feb 24 2006, 07:22 PM)

Deny this to your insurance company.

I say you were run off the road by somebody under the influence.

Would that help???
Hammy
Daniel... really sorry to see this. sad.gif Sad to see another '14 go, especially yours.
scotty b
QUOTE (sk8kat1 @ Feb 24 2006, 07:35 PM)
I am sorry to hear of your loss ..glad to hear you made through too....

tony the subaru coversion guy has a tub for sale for like 200.00

Can't beat that!!
dlo914
QUOTE (sk8kat1 @ Feb 24 2006, 07:36 PM)
..if i remeber right he is in radondo beach...(sp?)

yea he's in redondo beach, thanks anyways mike. i've thought this through and im gonna leave the 914 realm for sure, but i'll stick around this community the people are awesome. i'll live on through you guys.
sk8kat1
well it was worth a try to keep you in a teener if you wanted ... and don't start the sawzall party til you are ready to..
dlo914
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 24 2006, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Feb 24 2006, 07:22 PM)
i took a turn too hard..and it fish tailed and i couldnt straighten it out..yea that's what i plan to do...part her out.  :(

Deny this to your insurance company.

I say you were run off the road by somebody under the influence.

Would that help???

the other person's car that i hit doesnt have insurance, but ive got liability. i left my name, number, lice# on their windshield. The guy's friend was present and told me of his friend's whereabouts, and recommended that i just dont worry about it, but if im asked to pay for the damages i am willing gonna pay for them. i dont want any car karma.
Allan
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Feb 24 2006, 07:42 PM)
i dont want any car karma.

Got ya wink.gif
GaroldShaffer
[FONT=Arial]sad.gif

Main thing is you are ok.

Parting out cars can be a PITA if you don't have room to do it and store parts while you sell them. Maybe try and sell it whole and see what you can get? Have a firm price in mind if you can't get that then start thinking about parting it. I buy a few parts cars a year (911 & 914) and spend my winters parting them out. It is a mess but in a strange way fun. I learn more about these litle cars every day. Best of luck to you and again glad you are not hurt.
dlo914
thanks guys...sigh...who would've thought i'd shed quite a few tears over a car..
d914
$200 for the tub, there are 4lug front ends all over for nothing, I'd even ship one, throw a party and transfer the parts. Biggest exspense besides a future paint job would be the beer and food to feed the crew..!!

Another reason for a Bar-b que!!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
dlo914
that would be an awesome idea.....but do i deserve all this? i barely know anyone here on the forum.
dlo914
my folks have yet to find out...i think it's better to just say i "sold" her.
d914
hey, did you learn from the expirence, Yes or no!!! Next time go to a track and learn in a safe environment..

Hey I'm in Ga. but from what I've seen the S. CAli crowd doesn't need much of an excuse to party or to help people out. And if done right in this case they can do both!!!

Hell I've helped bail two people out of jail that I've never met!!! What a place I love it!!!! biggrin.gif
Allan
We have the technology.

We can rebuild it....

That busy turtle has got to go though...
dlo914
QUOTE (d914 @ Feb 24 2006, 08:04 PM)
hey, did you learn from the expirence, Yes or no!!! Next time go to a track and learn in a safe environment..

Hey I'm in Ga. but from what I've seen the S. CAli crowd doesn't need much of an excuse to party or to help people out. And if done right in this case they can do both!!!

Hell I've helped bail two people out of jail that I've never met!!! What a place I love it!!!! biggrin.gif

ive learned my lesson. i was so looking forward to those future AX events.
JeffBowlsby
Your honesty in fessing up to this unfortunate circumstance is admirable Daniel and it shows alot of maturity in taking full responsibility for actions. Its just a car, but it sounds like you have learned a big lesson about life. Make the best of it.
dlo914
sigh...what should i do? part her out? transfer everything to a clean tub?
d914
re build......its a nut and bolt job!!
Foster
QUOTE (d914 @ Feb 24 2006, 11:55 PM)
$200 for the tub, there are 4lug front ends all over for nothing, I'd even ship one, throw a party and transfer the parts. Biggest exspense besides a future paint job would be the beer and food to feed the crew..!!

Another reason for a Bar-b que!!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

agree.gif
Plenty of non club members in your area that would likely help you swap parts as long as you kept em fed and watered.
Best that you park it someplace and let things cool down a while before making any quick decisions about getting rid of it. If you still decide to part it out, there's always plenty of vultures ready to pounce. (including me, you've already beat me to a few parts recently whack_3.gif )

scotty b
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Feb 24 2006, 08:07 PM)
sigh...what should i do? part her out? transfer everything to a clean tub?

POLL TIME!!!!

1 for tranfer to a new tub smilie_pokal.gif
dlo914
she's still driveable...would be a waste to part her out.
Allan
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Feb 24 2006, 08:10 PM)
she's still driveable...would be a waste to part her out.

If she is still drivable please refer to the post above.

It can be rebuilt....
SirAndy
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 24 2006, 08:10 PM)
1 for tranfer to a new tub smilie_pokal.gif

make that two!

sad.gif Andy
Dr. Roger
daniel,

i've got a complete front end just taking up space.....

u pay shipping unless someone is driving south.

FREE. ohmy.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (Dr. Roger @ Feb 24 2006, 08:29 PM)
daniel,

i've got a complete front end just taking up space.....

u pay shipping unless someone is driving south.

FREE. ohmy.gif

thanks for the offer Roger smilie_pokal.gif, but at this moment i'm gonna go cool off and decide in a week or so if im gonna part her out or transfer w/ the help of the SCC.
Brando
I vote new tub as well.

Then after the transfer, you'd only be a new paintjob away from bliss.

And maybe a few DE sessions...

But IF and i stress the IF (because IF you think about the time to transfer it all with 6 people crawling on both cars) you decide to partsbin the thing... that 2.0 looks tasty...
Mueller
sorry to see this happen, at least no injuries !!!!

dlo914
i was gonna say something, but i think i should really just go watch some t.v. after a day like this... sad.gif
Dr. Roger
take two asprin, a big glass of water, and call us in the morning!

the Doctor has spoken.

just be grateful your not hurt and your baby IS repairable.

it could have been way worse... blink.gif idea.gif
messix
rebuild, thats the right thing to do. you owe us that, call it pentance and add three hail mary's standing on your head. laugh.gif
boxstr
DLO I am sorry to see the carnage to your 914. You can count on me if you need some parts.
CCLINENZOREDUX
Bruce Allert
I know the feeling and have all the empathy in the world fer ya. Ain't nut'n like being stupid & paying fer it, especially in front of others. Oh... the embarassment sad.gif It took me 2 weeks to tell friends of my mistake.

But, since you have so many offer'n the help to rebuild It's prolly the best way to "save face" & JUST DO IT

.....b
KaptKaos
Daniel,

Most important is that you are ok and no one was injured. Glad to hear it.

As for the car, a tub transfer wouldn't be too bad. I would give Clayton an excuse to bust out his new tools. lol2.gif

Take a look in these forums about 2 years ago for a thread about the sawp that was done in No-Cal for Jenny ph34r.gif (those eyes!!)

So it can be done. She might not be too purty, be she'll run again.

Rest up and think on it again tomorrow.

- Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.