Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP PLEASE!!!! I need to move a car!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Eddie Williams
IS THAT A PLEDGE PIN...

ON YOUR UNIFORM???
Flat VW
There must be someone in TX with V8 teener experience?

I mean EVERYTHING is bigger in TX, so they say?

John

Eddie Williams
David Lee comes to mind....
d914
If it comes down to it I'll cash in FF mileage and fly to EL Paso????!!! I need to visit a friend in Austin anyway!! biggrin.gif
grasshopper
if the relay is still on, im still in....i agree, it does sound more fun rolleyes.gif
KELTY360
icon_bump.gif

Relay! Relay!
Series9
Hey guys,

Look back at the original request. If we can get members to sign on for all the legs, the relay is on.
army dude
Well lets go out with a bang!! smilie_pokal.gif 1st stop...adds new flares, 2nd stop...adds interior stiffening, 3rd stop...adds new seals, 4th stop....new airdam, 5th stop...adds turbo , 6th stop ...somebody wakes me up from my dream,wet stain on front of pants, embarrsassed, hide my head, crawl back into corner......really, I don't need a drug test , thanks, I'm alright, therapy works well - they say !!! av-943.gif screwy.gif drooley.gif

This 914 thing is addicting, isn't it? driving.gif burnout.gif
alpha434
I'm in. If it goes through colorado...
ffranktly
just got home from work, the server for the 914 site has been down for a few days... Great Thread!... you guys are terrific to help our Army Buddy, and i would like to donate to the cause, as my job is preventing me from joining in the relay... sounds like a lot of fun!!... let me know when to send money, i know where to send it on paypal... thanks!... frank piratenanner.gif driving-girl.gif mueba.gif
Flat VW
hijacked.gif

Joe, is any of your flying experience derived from the military?

John
Flat VW
QUOTE (Series9 @ Feb 26 2006, 06:20 PM)
OK guys,

I need:

San Diego to Yuma (170 miles)
Yuma to Tucson (260 miles)
Tucson to Lordsburg (150 miles)
I've got Lordsburg to (somewhere in TX)  (? miles)
Mid TX to San Antonio (300 miles)
San Antonio to East TX (320 miles)
ETX to New Orleans (240 miles)
NOR to Mobile (130 miles)
Mobile to Tallahasse (240 miles)
Tallahasse to Ocala (180 miles)
Ocala to home (150 miles)

icon_bump.gif
Series9
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Mar 4 2006, 07:52 AM)
hijacked.gif

Joe, is any of your flying experience derived from the military?

John

I earned up through my commercial-single while in the military, but on the civillian side of the base.
Series9
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Mar 4 2006, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (Series9 @ Feb 26 2006, 06:20 PM)
OK guys,

I need:

San Diego to Yuma (170 miles)
Yuma to Tucson (260 miles)
Tucson to Lordsburg (150 miles)
I've got Lordsburg to (somewhere in TX)  (? miles)
Mid TX to San Antonio (300 miles)
San Antonio to East TX (320 miles)
ETX to New Orleans (240 miles)
NOR to Mobile (130 miles)
Mobile to Tallahasse (240 miles)
Tallahasse to Ocala (180 miles)
Ocala to home (150 miles)

icon_bump.gif

Final arrangements are close on the shipping.

Unless I can get firm committments for each leg, it's going on a trailer.

I mainly need the west TX to San Antonio leg covered.

Honestly, it will be much more trouble to relay the car, but I do understand that it would be a good thread for the owner to follow from Iraq.
Flat VW
I think I hear the transport truck. idea.gif

John dry.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Series9 @ Mar 4 2006, 12:06 PM)
I mainly need the west TX to San Antonio leg covered.

Do I have to drive down there and do it myself? Starting where to San Anotonio?

Flat VW
I will support and/or drive or do whatever else is needed from Yuma, AZ to Deming, NM.

I think if someone went from Deming, NM to San Antonio, TX we would be pretty good.

I was thinking a driver and another support vehicle.

John

P.S. Chile relleno dinners in Deming, NM are on me. chowtime.gif
KELTY360
Just a suggestion, but at this point we might get more action if we start a "Relay drivers needed for CA to GA" thread along with a brief summary and link to this thread. JMHO.

Marc
Flat VW
Deming, NM to San Antonio TX = 654.28 miles ohmy.gif

John
Flat VW
Yuma, AZ to Deming, NM = 454.34 miles

Piece of cake!

John wink.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE (KELTY360 @ Mar 4 2006, 08:09 PM)
Just a suggestion, but at this point we might get more action if we start a "Relay drivers needed for CA to GA" thread along with a brief summary and link to this thread. JMHO.

Marc

I not so sure, this item has had plenty of "play" right here......

John ph34r.gif
KELTY360
That's cool, just trying to think of ways to wake up the masses. It pays to promote.

burnout.gif

Marc
Series9
I was planning on taking Lordsburg to Ft. Stockton(ish).

We mainly need Ft. Stockton to San Antonio covered.
dlee1967
Missed this thread at it's start as I have been at a family reunion in Baton Rouge, LA.

I could get it from San Antonio to New Orleans if I can do it over two weekends. I would also wimp out and tow it on my trailer as I have a car that I want to bring back from New Orleans........David Lee (Houston, TX)

Isn't there enough cash now to send it on an INSURED car hauler????
Series9
QUOTE (dlee1967 @ Mar 5 2006, 03:06 PM)

Isn't there enough cash now to send it on an INSURED car hauler????

Yes.

And it will cost more to drive it. But our guy in Iraq would like it more to watch the excange happen.
RobSchott
If we can get it to Phoenix.... I can get it to ABQ. las curcse N.M.

Rob

newto914s
Series9 PM sent.
I may be able to pick-up leg to San Antonio
Series9
I've had to go ahead and make the final decision.

The car is going on the transporter with the new owner's blessing.
Flat VW
All for the best, I'm sure.

John smilie_pokal.gif
KELTY360
Sounds like the sensible solution.......Damn! Thanks for doing the organizing Joe. How do I get a Series 9 sticker?

Marc
Flat VW
QUOTE (KELTY360 @ Mar 6 2006, 06:53 PM)
Thanks for doing the organizing Joe. How do I get a Series 9 sticker?

Marc

Yes, thank you, Joe.

I sure like the hat you sent Tettster, I kinda pinched it from him.

John pirate.gif

P.S. It has become my favorite 'teening hat.

Series9
QUOTE (KELTY360 @ Mar 6 2006, 06:53 PM)
Sounds like the sensible solution.......Damn! Thanks for doing the organizing Joe. How do I get a Series 9 sticker?

Marc

Send me your address. If you'll put it on paint, colors other than black or yellow will work.
Flat VW
Joe, I will meet you in Deming for the rellenos anyway. chowtime.gif

Do you drive the RS very much? driving.gif

John

P.S. Thanks to armydude for being a good sport. smilie_pokal.gif

I hope the thead provided some distraction for you during appropriate times.

I guess this means the burnouts are cancelled, huh? burnout.gif
Series9
The arrangements have been made.

The car should be on the hauler in the next 24 hours.

We collected $920. The cost was $755.

That's $165 to charity.

Thanks Guys.
nomore9one4
clap56.gif To all of you!
Flat VW
Well?

John laugh.gif
Series9
It's on the way.
army dude
Thank You All so much!!! smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif This could not have been done without great members!! Awesome job! I want to get everybodies address so I can send them a little something from here. I owe you guys a HUGE one!!

58 days and a wake up........back in georgia flag.gif rocking nana.gif grouphug.gif drunk.gif sheeplove.gif drunk.gif
65 days and a wake up........to drive driving.gif

Thank you all for supporting us here, we couldn't do it without you!! flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif
KELTY360
No, Ian.....THANK YOU...for answering the call. Getting your car across the country was a piece of cake compared to your putting it on the line halfway around the world for a fight you didn't start and can't finish. I salute you. Make it home safe so you can enjoy that teener. Keep your head down.

Marc
Bravo Troop 1/9 1st Air Cav RVN 1970-1971
Flat VW
Did the car arrive?

John wavey.gif
d914
58 days and we get to buy you beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
malaga_red75
WOW, I was about to go to bed, as it is a school night, and was searching around the website when I came across this thread. It looked interesting, so I read it, I read all 8 pages of the thread and was just taken back. The thought of a group of poeple with the same passion come together and willing to drive someones car cross country, a person that they had not even met, is just amazing. I think you all should go kick back, have a beer, and watch an episode of Seinfeld. You guys are amazing and deserve the greatest. A special shout to goes to series9 for organizing everything. Just thought i would throw that in there...

-Peter
army dude
Yes, the car did arrive in good condition! piratenanner.gif My father forgot it had a v8 and roasted the tires in 2nd. burnout.gif He is now restricted till I get home. slap.gif

As of today I have 30 days till I start home and will be in Ft Stewart, Georgia on the 10th of May. It is coming fast!!

Ohhh, I cant wait to drive!! Thanks again to everybody and especially Series9!! pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

Ian in Iraq

47 days till stateside
51 days till I drive
Flat VW
QUOTE (army dude @ Mar 28 2006, 05:29 AM)
Yes, the car did arrive in good condition! piratenanner.gif My father forgot it had a v8 and roasted the tires in 2nd. burnout.gif He is now restricted till I get home. slap.gif

As of today I have 30 days till I start home and will be in Ft Stewart, Georgia on the 10th of May. It is coming fast!!

Ohhh, I cant wait to drive!! Thanks again to everybody and especially Series9!! pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

Ian in Iraq

47 days till stateside
51 days till I drive

smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.