Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rev happy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
messix
i've gopt tears in my eyes av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Rand
No wait, dudes, just think how many chainsaw engines we could get in the engine compartment of a 914!! Well, they wouldn't be all in line, so welding the crankshafts together might be a problem.... No, wait, we'll just build some titanium cv joints that will handle the 90, maybe eve 180 degree turns because of the liquid nitrogren cooling system. Just imagine if they made a 4-stroke chainsaw!? It wouldn't rev as high, but it might make enough torque for a tractor pull.

Crap. I got sucked in. I'm a loser.
ModPR3
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 26 2006, 10:59 PM)
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 26 2006, 11:54 PM)
Yes it works.

Have you ever seen a tractor pull? With one of those damn monstrosities that run 2 V8s in tandem?

yes, it can and has been done....but it's not a very practical or "real" world solution....let's talk about "real" everyday things, not some fantasy BS stuff that your average joe cannot do or afford to pay to have done....

if I was to go "rice" and not go with a Subaru engine, my pick would be the honda/acura V6...they are becoming popular with the dune buggy crowd...

Mikes acura/honda V6 thread...with pictures

dang is there anything subject you dont have knowledge in. your ok in my books mueller i like people with a variety of knowledge.
alpha434
And here are cyclecars.

The cars that use motorcycle engines.
like the Honda 600. Does everyone remember the Honda 600?

Cyclecars
Andyrew
Go ask him how much it cost him.

Im done. Gnight.
messix
where'd he weld the cranks together?

looks like a common crank to me
ModPR3
QUOTE (messix @ Feb 26 2006, 11:00 PM)
i've gopt tears in my eyes av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

No wait, dudes, just think how many chainsaw engines we could get in the engine compartment of a 914!! Well, they wouldn't be all in line, so welding the crankshafts together might be a problem.... No, wait, we'll just build some titanium cv joints that will handle the 90, maybe eve 180 degree turns because of the liquid nitrogren cooling system. Just imagine if they made a 4-stroke chainsaw!? It wouldn't rev as high, but it might have too much torque for a car.

LMAO i have gone beyond tears in my eyes now my sides are hurting im laughing so hard.
messix
oh shit i'm gonna piss my self av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
alpha434
QUOTE (Rand @ Feb 26 2006, 11:02 PM)
No wait, dudes, just think how many chainsaw engines we could get in the engine compartment of a 914!! Well, they wouldn't be all in line, so welding the crankshafts together might be a problem.... No, wait, we'll just build some titanium cv joints that will handle the 90, maybe eve 180 degree turns because of the liquid nitrogren cooling system. Just imagine if they made a 4-stroke chainsaw!? It wouldn't rev as high, but it might have too much torque for a car.

Don't joke about Ti cv joints!

I'll make them too!

SEE: 911 RSR Turbo.

And 917s had them too!
messix
this thread is soooooooo friggin hyjacked av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif leave it to alpha to get this going
alpha434
And how far away from developing a liquid nitrogen cooling system do you think I am? Really?
RSJ-32, my friends. RSJ-32.

With electro-staticly cooled heads.
ModPR3
QUOTE (messix @ Feb 26 2006, 11:08 PM)
this thread is soooooooo friggin hyjacked av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif leave it to alpha to get this going

lol your post with those laughing happy faces are so friggn funny. they portray me perfectly at this point.
alpha434
Damn you all and your damn smiley faces!

Rand
Still can't believe I got sucked in.
Let's see if this thread can get back on track.

user posted image

If that image is inappropriate I apologize and claim insanity with a backup clause that it is all Aaron's fault.
alpha434
See, you can use a mist of a low viscosity cooling liquid to "spray" over the engine. And then the engine would have to be completely enclosed, so that the liquid could be collected and sprayed again.

Now you ask. Why won't the fluid heat up and become unusable as a cooling solution. Don't you need some sort of radiator?

Not with RSJ-32!
ModPR3
dont worry we're just messing with you alpha. and in the words of a wise fellow club memeber

dont get butt-hurt.... use preparation H....
user posted image
Mueller
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 27 2006, 12:05 AM)
QUOTE (Rand @ Feb 26 2006, 11:02 PM)
No wait, dudes, just think how many chainsaw engines we could get in the engine compartment of a 914!! Well, they wouldn't be all in line, so welding the crankshafts together might  be a problem.... No, wait, we'll just build some titanium cv joints that will handle the 90, maybe eve 180 degree turns because of the liquid nitrogren cooling system. Just imagine if they made a 4-stroke chainsaw!? It wouldn't rev as high, but it might have too much torque for a car.

Don't joke about Ti cv joints!

I'll make them too!

SEE: 911 RSR Turbo.

And 917s had them too!

finish (and run) you Ti rods 1st.... smash.gif
messix
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif i can't hardly see av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
messix
how old are you alpha?
messix
we need that alf as a smiley for a alphaism
alpha434
Yeah. The Ti rods are coming along great.

No one at the shop hassles me about it because they all know I can do it.

So stop laughing at me, Damn it!

wacko.gif
alpha434
QUOTE (messix @ Feb 26 2006, 11:20 PM)
how old are you alpha?

Old enough! Damn it!
Mueller
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 27 2006, 12:14 AM)
See, you can use a mist of a low viscosity cooling liquid to "spray" over the engine. And then the engine would have to be completely enclosed, so that the liquid could be collected and sprayed again.

Now you ask. Why won't the fluid heat up and become unusable as a cooling solution. Don't you need some sort of radiator?

Not with RSJ-32!

who needs drugs when you live at an elevation without oxegen in the air?? smile.gif biggrin.gif
messix
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif huh.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Rand
Sorry Alpha. I believe in you. Looking forward to the results of some of your projects.

Any chance you're going to be at WCC06? I'm sure everyone would stop laughing at you if they could only meet you in person.

messix
alpha you gotta come to wwc. we have got to meet you in person. i think you'll be the featured entertainment av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
ModPR3
av-943.gif dead horse.gif poke.gif owned.gif
messix
can you travel interstate with out an adult?
alpha434
QUOTE (messix @ Feb 26 2006, 11:28 PM)

No. It's just not feasible at this time.
ModPR3

messix, you and i are going to be on tomorrow nights news......... HEADLINE. two 914 club members beat to death with titanium rods and smashed by tandem engines buy fellow 914 club member.
alpha434
QUOTE (Rand @ Feb 26 2006, 11:27 PM)
Sorry Alpha. I believe in you. Looking forward to the results of some of your projects.

Any chance you're going to be at WCC06? I'm sure everyone would stop laughing at you if they could only meet you in person.

Or they'd just laugh at me IN PERSON!

I'm not entertainment, damn it!

Most people actually find me to be an asshole. Not at all funny!
alpha434
QUOTE (ModPR3 @ Feb 26 2006, 11:31 PM)

messix, you and i are going to be on tomorrow nights news......... HEADLINE. two 914 club members beat to death with titanium rods and smashed by tandem engines buy fellow 914 club member.

Use common sense. I'm nuts, not dumb! Ti rods aren't at all good for beating people with. When it comes to beatings, I'd say (in all due proffesionalism) go stock!
messix
naw he he knows we're just funnin him. besides he started it. av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
alpha434
And putting together a tandem bike motor would be a damn inconveniance if I'm just going to kill someone with it.
ModPR3
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 26 2006, 11:34 PM)

Use common sense. I'm nuts, not dumb! Ti rods aren't at all good for beating people with. When it comes to beatings, I'd say (in all due proffesionalism) go stock!

lol im glad to see you are seeing the humor in all this and you can take a joke...
messix
really alpha you gotta come out for wwc!
messix
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
messix
just....... could'nt.........help..........my.......self.... av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
alpha434
QUOTE (ModPR3 @ Feb 26 2006, 11:36 PM)
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 26 2006, 11:34 PM)

lol im glad to see you are seeing the humor in all this and you can take a joke...

Is that the quiver of fear in your voice?
ModPR3
lol.... no quiver here.
messix
naw i was just trying to catch my breath. little guy like you don't scare me.
would just have to toy with ya, wouldn't want to hurt ya.
alpha434
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 26 2006, 11:25 PM)
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 27 2006, 12:14 AM)

Not with RSJ-32!

who needs drugs when you live at an elevation without oxegen in the air?? smile.gif biggrin.gif

The air is fine up here. So now my oxygen isn't even good enough for you?!?

Mueller, do you run QA1 shocks?
alpha434
QUOTE (messix @ Feb 26 2006, 11:46 PM)
naw i was just trying to catch my breath. little guy like you don't scare me.
would just have to toy with ya, wouldn't want to hurt ya.

How little do you think I am!?!?!
Andyrew
mueller runs koni's or bilsteins (sp?)

Very few (maybe one or two) people are running qa1's. I researched it, but they dont make a long enough shock for my taste.

Andrew

btw, your 5'8" and your 19...

alpha434
I'm a whole 125 lbs of pure muscle. 5'9"

Out here, next to the chemical factories, that's HUGE!
alpha434
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Feb 26 2006, 11:52 PM)

Very few (maybe one or two) people are running qa1's. I researched it, but they dont make a long enough shock for my taste.

Andrew

You're as nuts as I am if you think you need more than 7 inches of travel!
Andyrew
125lbs? your shittin me right?

thats skinny for a chick!

btw, I said length, not travel.

I went with koni's. but Im sure their longest shock would work. just not on a stock car.
alpha434
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Feb 26 2006, 11:52 PM)

Andrew

btw, your 5'8" and your 19...

And I'm glad that you read my Bio, but next time would you just guess? You'd seem to be a whole lot less of a stick in the mud.
messix
thats to open ended of a question. i don't want to get that involved with the time i have left tonite to elaborate in detail, and its past my bed time.
til the next alphaism comes along good night.

and oh i forgot av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
dinomium
beer3.gif av-943.gif popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.